Options

The Simon Cowell Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Probably as reliable as Louis Walsh's attempt to stir up more on the Britney rumour. Of course he is talking to her, just as they're talking to everyone else who've approached them to do the show.

Simon has already denied Ryan. Besides, I doubt the producers want a new Idol. I think this yeas XF will be totally different from the first series. Maybe even the U.K shows.

I loved his chat on extra with Terri Seymour.
    'Can you cook?' '-Yes' 'What can you cook?' '-salads' :
    p

I'm guessing that means opening a pack of ready made salad from Harrods :p
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that means opening a pack of ready made salad from Harrods :p

Oh you meanie :D
    I think a cooking show could be good for him. Cooking helps you find out whoyou are, what you eat, your habits etc. He seems a bit paranoid sometimes. He would learn to listen to the body cos it tells you what you should eat and when, just like it tells you when you're not feeling well. Even though thats probably not why he's doing it. LOL

He is doing some radio interviews this afternoon, so I'm looking forward to that.
  • Options
    vanillalimevanillalime Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Probably as reliable as Louis Walsh's attempt to stir up more on the Britney rumour. Of course he is talking to her, just as they're talking to everyone else who've approached them to do the show.

Simon has already denied Ryan. Besides, I doubt the producers want a new Idol. I think this yeas XF will be totally different from the first series. Maybe even the U.K shows.

I wouldn't necessarily put a whole lot of stock in Simon's words, but they are definitely trying distance XF from Idol, meaning any rumors about Ryan hosting XF are most likely false. (I suspect those rumors came about as a result of some bluffing from Ryan's camp as they renegotiate his new Idol contract.)

It is a real shame, because Simon and Ryan have such great chemistry together, and it's unfortunate that no one was able to envision, and materialize, a way for them to work together on the show in a capacity that was different from Idol, say with Ryan as a judge for example. Ryan knows what works on radio as much as anyone, and his understanding of American pop culture far surpasses that of Simon's (or anyone else's on last year's panel for that matter). Watching Ryan and Simon bitch back and forth about their acts would have been awesome, and certainly way more authentic than the supposed Simon/LA rivalry.

Some of the names for the show that have been floating in the media recently have been intriguing, but none have made me sit up and think, "Oh, that person is sure to have great chemistry with Simon and LA, and yet be interesting in their own way." This whole search is shaping up to look a lot like last year's, as one big name after another is floated (Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey), only to turn the job down. I'm seriously afraid that we are going to end up with the same sub-par, chemistry-free Cheryl/Paula/Nicole/Steve type of results that we got last year. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Allie or Mich if you are lurking out there, have either of you signed up for this :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/announcement.php?f=96&a=379
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread should be bumped more often.
    Simon is hilarious and so much fun in his promo interviews for XFUS. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Allie or Mich if you are lurking out there, have either of you signed up for this :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/announcement.php?f=96&a=379

I'm still lurking, just been a little preoccupied :) Thanks for the link DE, hadn't seen that and it does sound tempting. Not sure i can show enough interest in the contestants though - all my questions would be about Simon!

This thread should be bumped more often.
    Simon is hilarious and so much fun in his promo interviews for XFUS. :D

I agree. The promo for XFUSA and BGT has been great so far, in fact we've been spoiled. I caught up on it all last night at the simoncowellonline site. The radio interview with Kellie Raspberry was one of my favs. The audio clip of Simon saying "Shut up" beats the TOWIE catchphrase anyday, i want it as my ringtone :D

http://www.simoncowellonline.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, those are great. :p
    and his tv interviews with extra, fox etc. All hilarious.
    He's so funny by nature. Much more like he was in the early 2000. More relaxed even.

And he's answered a bunch of questions on the XFUS tube channel as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones with Terri are great. Wouldn't happen, but i'd love her to host XFUSA, just for all the teasing and laughs we would get! Actually, Terri and Mario Lopez would be a great team - problem solved, Simon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind Terri and Mario is a good presenter, but IMO he needs something more...goofy?

Someone suggested JEdward. I'm not saying it should be them. They could host xtra factor instead, but that kind of fun spontanious almost wacky way I think would sort of fit . :D
    Otherwise it gets formal and formal = boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    I'm still lurking, just been a little preoccupied :) Thanks for the link DE, hadn't seen that and it does sound tempting. Not sure i can show enough interest in the contestants though - all my questions would be about Simon!

True, especially if they are like last years :yawn:

I agree. The promo for XFUSA and BGT has been great so far, in fact we've been spoiled. I caught up on it all last night at the simoncowellonline site. The radio interview with Kellie Raspberry was one of my favs. The audio clip of Simon saying "Shut up" beats the TOWIE catchphrase anyday, i want it as my ringtone :D

http://www.simoncowellonline.com/
    The ones with Terri are great. Wouldn't happen, but i'd love her to host XFUSA, just for all the teasing and laughs we would get! Actually, Terri and Mario Lopez would be a great team - problem solved, Simon!
    I'd love Terri to do it, she really does bring out the best in him :)
    [
    QUOTE=marianner;57147990]I don't mind Terri and Mario is a good presenter, but IMO he needs something more...goofy?

Someone suggested JEdward. I'm not saying it should be them. They could host xtra factor instead, but that kind of fun spontanious almost wacky way I think would sort of fit . :D
    Otherwise it gets formal and formal = boring.[/QUOTE]

:eek: not sure about that one, they are a bit like marmite aren't they? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love Terri to do it, she really does bring out the best in him :)
    [
    QUOTE=marianner;57147990]I don't mind Terri and Mario is a good presenter, but IMO he needs something more...goofy?

Otherwise it gets formal and formal = boring.

:eek: not sure about that one, they are a bit like marmite aren't they? :D[/QUOTE]

They're my gulity pleasure
    I just adore them. :D
  • Options
    ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright ladies?

Long time, no see!

However I have returned to this thread bearing a massive gift (I do spoil you all)

What is it? You may ask.. Well..

Uncle T AKA The Godfather of Celebrity AKA Tone has got himself a rather lame, yet amusing little weekly blog. (One week, he blogs about... wait for it.... cat shit. Yep, CAT SHIT!!)

Enjoy
    http://tonycowell.wordpress.com/

:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ~Jane~ wrote: »

(One week, he blogs about... wait for it.... cat shit. Yep, CAT SHIT!!)

Enjoy
    http://tonycowell.wordpress.com/

:D:D

And yet, somehow Tony still managed to name-drop Simon as well as throw the Saulas a bone in that piece of profound literature. :rolleyes:

I've been feeling sorry for poor Simon ever since I saw this story about how he had to go to Stringfellows and spend a bunch of money just to chat with a few ladies. Maybe the break-up with Mezhgan hit him harder than we thought.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/x-factor-boss-simon-cowell-757974

If Simon is really that desperate to have some ladies to talk to, maybe he should get an account here and chat with us instead. I have a feeling that we would do a better job of putting a smile on his face than some girls at a strip club. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon chatted to fans yday

Some great answers there. But I strongy disagree on twitter. I find it annoying, stressful and pointless. Not all of it, but the idea to sit there and read through a bunch of people thinking out loud, just feels like a waste of precious time.
    Still, you sort of have to read it to be updated on what is happening in the world.

The Daily Mail article today wasn't too bad either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked the DM interview, especially the comments by Pete Waterman. How true that people think Simon is ruthless, yet Pete thinks that Simon's mistakes come when he is too soft? Couldn't agree more. Simon indulged and stayed loyal to Cheryl and Paula when he should have been more ruthless (for different reasons).

The uber camp Simon and Sinitta pics in The Sun today are just hilarious, although it was the 80s, when every "macho" man now looks extremely camp on reflection :D
  • Options
    ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else want to try and figure out what the hell Uncle T aka the Godfather of Celebrity aka Tone's weekly blog is going on about this week?

I have read it twice and still don't have a clue. Is it meant to be funny? Is it meant to be spooky? Either way I fear his novel will be as bad judging by these writing "skills":D

Anyway, any one figures out what it's meant to be, let me know.:D

http://tonycowell.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/something-strange-in-the-potting-shed/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Jane~ wrote: »
    Does anyone else want to try and figure out what the hell Uncle T aka the Godfather of Celebrity aka Tone's weekly blog is going on about this week?

I have read it twice and still don't have a clue. Is it meant to be funny? Is it meant to be spooky? Either way I fear his novel will be as bad judging by these writing "skills":D

Anyway, any one figures out what it's meant to be, let me know.:D

http://tonycowell.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/something-strange-in-the-potting-shed/

:confused: Erm Julie's dish washer is leaking and her dog has the shits? The blond has been baking again. Don't know who the hell Poppy is and what he was doing in the potting shed :D I wont be buying the novel :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to Simon and David appearing on Jonathan Ross show on Saturday. People seem to really like them together. Comments on Twitter from the audience were saying how funny they were. Shame he was in the grey sweater AGAIN. Seems to have been slobbing about in it all week!

As for Tony's blog, i still have no idea what/who this potting shed is?! As usual in life, Tony has been upstaged and the real star of the blog this week was Julie. Someone needs to get her on Twitter :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to Simon and David appearing on Jonathan Ross show on Saturday. People seem to really like them together. Comments on Twitter from the audience were saying how funny they were. Shame he was in the grey sweater AGAIN. Seems to have been slobbing about in it all week!

As for Tony's blog, i still have no idea what/who this potting shed is?! As usual in life, Tony has been upstaged and the real star of the blog this week was Julie. Someone needs to get her on Twitter :D

Thanks for the heads up on that

Isn't it Phil Green's 60th this week so hopefully he will ditch the grey jumper for that :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least he finally left the grey rag at home (shame we can't insert a Kerching joke in there anymore :D).

Could actually be a new shirt, as it seems less baggy on him.

As for David's jokes, Simon must have been squirming sooo much! It's good that someone can finally match his banter though. Louis tried in the old days, but the only other person who can beat him with humour is Ryan and it's been so long since we saw him have someone to bounce off, so to speak!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2118592/Simon-Cowell-left-fuming-David-Walliams-jokes-sexuality.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least he finally left the grey rag at home (shame we can't insert a Kerching joke in there anymore :D).

Could actually be a new shirt, as it seems less baggy on him.

As for David's jokes, Simon must have been squirming sooo much! It's good that someone can finally match his banter though. Louis tried in the old days, but the only other person who can beat him with humour is Ryan and it's been so long since we saw him have someone to bounce off, so to speak!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2118592/Simon-Cowell-left-fuming-David-Walliams-jokes-sexuality.html

Poor Walliams. People are laughing at him, not with him. He's really obsessed with homosexuality, isn't he?
    This comment sums up my thought on his 'jokes'
    I think David Walliams ought to sort his own sexuality out before he points his finger at others. He makes my flesh creep

On the other hand, Simons memory is as good as ever. Anyone catch him on accesshollywood talking XFUS host's rumours? His weakness has always been names :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just got around to watching Simon's online chat from Saturday, and I just have to say how adorable it was that he clearly had problems reading the computer screen without his reading glasses. He must have been too vain to put them on. ;)

Now, I'm actually going to say something nice about Tony. :eek: I have a copy of Simon's autobiography that was ghost-written by Tony, and I actually really liked the book. It was a fun, easy read, and I thought Tony did a good job of capturing Simon's "voice." Maybe it was just the awesome subject matter :), but Tony does seem to have some degree of talent as a writer. Not that you could tell from his new blog. I think part of his problem is that he just doesn't have the perseverance or drive to put the hard work into anything for an extended period. Remember how he was supposed to go back to LA after the holidays to cover American Idol? (Although maybe this change in direction for him was not entirely his choice-- it'll be interesting to see if Reelz asks him back to cover season 2 of USXF.)

:D:D I'll miss the easy jokes at Mezhgan's expense. You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. And speaking of....

Yes, I know that I certainly miss the days of Simon and Ryan's witty banter on Idol. Ryan seems downright bored with the show these days. And nothing could put a bigger smile on Simon's face than having Ryan bounce off of him. *ahem* :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope this is true but i am 99% certain that it's not. I read something on Tellymix saying he won't return
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this is true but i am 99% certain that it's not. I read something on Tellymix saying he won't return

Yes, he has just said on Jonathan Ross show definately not doing ours this year :(