OMG! did you know that...

artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
Forum Member
✭✭
St Lady Countess Kate is pregnant??

Or Kim Kardashian?

I bet none of you knew that Colleen Rooney was (until she "flaunted" her "bump").

Why do the media insist on using pregnant as an adjective in front of the name of whichever lucky female is the current object of their obsession? Particularly when that person has probably been featured every day that week doing various (or the same) stuff.

Also, wearing a big cardi does not mean you are "hiding" your "bump", just that you wanted to wear a big cardi.

*and breath*

Comments

• smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: attention seeking thread !!! :rolleyes:

why waste peoples time so annoying
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    smurftc wrote: »

Doesn't everyone want attention when they start a thread? :confused:
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Doesn't everyone want attention when they start a thread? :confused:

What about the ones who just post a link and expect everyone else to make a comment?
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St Lady Countess Kate is pregnant??

Or Kim Kardashian?

I bet none of you knew that Colleen Rooney was (until she "flaunted" her "bump").

Why do the media insist on using pregnant as an adjective in front of the name of whichever lucky female is the current object of their obsession? Particularly when that person has probably been featured every day that week doing various (or the same) stuff.

Also, wearing a big cardi does not mean you are "hiding" your "bump", just that you wanted to wear a big cardi.

*and breath*
    It signifies the countdown to a patented Daily Mail Creepy Paedo-like Stalkathon.
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yahoo 'news' is particularly terrible for this. The headlines in the entertainment section of the front page are constantly full of Kardashian, Cotton, Rooney et al bump watches, with the most inane stories. Best thing to do is not give them any clicks.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you fail to see the point of the thread - the OP is ranting about the absurd level of coverage some of the papers give to women in the public eye who are pregnant.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the ones who just post a link and expect everyone else to make a comment?

Now that's annoying. Or the ones that have a thread title like 'OMG She's at it again' and a post saying 'why do people give this idiot attention?' with no hint as to who they're ranting about.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    incy wincy wrote: »
    Yahoo 'news' is particularly terrible for this. The headlines in the entertainment section of the front page are constantly full of Kardashian, Cotton, Rooney et al bump watches, with the most inane stories. Best thing to do is not give them any clicks.

Yahoo entertainment news appears to be written by a bunch of uber excitable 13 year olds.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Now that's annoying. Or the ones that have a thread title like 'OMG She's at it again' and a post saying 'why do people give this idiot attention?' with no hint as to who they're ranting about.

Yeah, sorry about that! :o:D

It is just going to drive me slightly nuts over the next few months that every time I see the name Kim Kardashian, it will have the words "pregnant with Kanye West's baby" fairly near the "curvy star" that they use now.

I doubt there is a single zeleb watcher who doesn't know that these women are pregnant. Does it need mentioning every day?
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Flaunting her bump' makes me grind my teeth....:mad:

Fearne Cotton out shopping is 'flaunting her bump'...

Coleen Rooney out shopping is 'flaunting her bump'...

On another note, Kelly Brook doing anything anywhere whilst wearing a frock is always 'flaunting her curves'...

And I was told journalism is a highly competitive industry to get into unless one is highly skilled :rolleyes:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It annoys me and i'm a dude ..

But then "Fearne Cotton does a bit of shopping" probably doesn't have the same ring to it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We're in the showbiz forum, therefore we clearly have time to waste...
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, sorry about that! :o:D

It is just going to drive me slightly nuts over the next few months that every time I see the name Kim Kardashian, it will have the words "pregnant with Kanye West's baby" fairly near the "curvy star" that they use now.

I doubt there is a single zeleb watcher who doesn't know that these women are pregnant. Does it need mentioning every day?

Hahah not you, you supported your rant with rant material! I meant the ones where you're supposed to psychically know who or what the hell the thread's about.

The flaunting and the hiding the bump bit is just bizarre.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or the threads with the title 'is it just me?'
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On another note, Kelly Brook doing anything anywhere whilst wearing a frock is always 'flaunting her curves'...

And I was told journalism is a highly competitive industry to get into unless one is highly skilled :rolleyes:

Unless you are walking around and a crop top and low slung hipsters (a la Melanie Blatt) you aren't flaunting your bump, your bump is just there. It's not like you can actually hide it, unless you wear a tent. Maybe all pregnant women should disguise their bumps as a table or a tray of coffee or something.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd rather read posts such as the OP's than sheer cheek such as yours.:yawn:
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Unless you are walking around and a crop top and low slung hipsters (a la Melanie Blatt) you aren't flaunting your bump, your bump is just there. It's not like you can actually hide it, unless you wear a tent. Maybe all pregnant women should disguise their bumps as a table or a tray of coffee or something.

That's no good either, they made a story out of Fearne Cotton using her bump as a plate-rest.

Perhaps she should have attached wooden legs and a tablecloth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you fail to see the point of the thread - the OP is ranting about the absurd level of coverage some of the papers give to women in the public eye who are pregnant.

So thanks to the OPs rant more people than ever are made aware of the `Absurd` press coverage` something I would not have known about if it was not for her ranting in the first place
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    So thanks to the OPs rant more people than ever are made aware of the `Absurd` press coverage` something I would not have known about if it was not for her ranting in the first place

Happy to help. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    I'm sitting here right now flaunting my bump. I'm an absolute flauntist of the highest order. A dirty flaunter. I'm always up for a flaunt. Flaunt, flaunt, flaunt! Flaunting hell, i'm flaunting so flaunting bad right now. I'm off to flaunt the neighbours. FLAUNT!!
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sitting here right now flaunting my bump. I'm an absolute flauntist of the highest order. A dirty flaunter. I'm always up for a flaunt. Flaunt, flaunt, flaunt! Flaunting hell, i'm flaunting so flaunting bad right now. I'm off to flaunt the neighbours. FLAUNT!!

You flaunter, you! And BTW congratulations:) x . Whilst here: Got 'curves' and want to 'flaunt' them? Then learn all from Mail Online
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Celebs don't just go out, they step out. And if they happen to be a teenager then as soon as they hit 16 we get told 'my how they have grown' which is more than a bit creepy IMO.