Eva Iglesias

jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who has already been on X Factor and The Voice is one of the contestants in tonights show. Should be interesting.

Comments

• grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Who is she - Julio Iglesia's daughter? ;)
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Going to call this now - she will get through. The sob story is prepared and ready. Get your hankies ready to sob along. ;-)

"I was that close to not coming today. My heart was broken this week by the person that I love. They just didn't want to love me anymore."
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    Daewos wrote: »
    Going to call this now - she will get through. The sob story is prepared and ready. Get your hankies ready to sob along. ;-)

"I was that close to not coming today. My heart was broken this week by the person that I love. They just didn't want to love me anymore."
    I have no interest in back stories, 'sob' or otherwise, but this woman, could sing and I wouldn't grudge her a place because she had a sob story.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She certainlly deserved to go through.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing and people always fall for it. 40 years old, shouty voice and to top it off she gave us the sob story which we didn't even need to hear about.

Yawn.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Same thing and people always fall for it. 40 years old, shouty voice and to top it off she gave us the sob story which we didn't even need to hear about.

Yawn.

I thought she was ok but nothing special. Agree about the sob story, why did we need to know about that?
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I thought she sounded a bit like Sam Bailey. She definitely wasn't last act material. The sob story was just sooo unnecessary.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Hate shouty singers that go OTT. None get in the charts these days anyway.
    I was expecting the sob story..my budgie died or something! Cant believe those three girl singers got a free move through either.
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    I was expecting the sob story..my budgie died or something! Cant believe those three girl singers got a free move through either.
    BIB - Now they were truly awful.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't hear the sob story - I always fast forward through that sort of thing.

Pretty good voice but a karaoke rendition. When do you ever hear anyone on a UK talent contest that you could describe as an 'artist'?
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was great until the sob story started. The minute that crap starts, they lose me, I don't care how good they are. All the rubbish in her vt about taking that chance at last, then I see the first post here saying that she has already been on x factor and The Voice. Bugger off love !
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    She was great until the sob story started. The minute that crap starts, they lose me, I don't care how good they are. All the rubbish in her vt about taking that chance at last, then I see the first post here saying that she has already been on x factor and The Voice. Bugger off love !

This :cool:.

I thought she was class until she started with the woe-is-me and of course the old 'dry-cry', no tears at all. She let herself down with that, no need for it at all.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she looked younger than 40.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I second that. So shouty that they stray away from the actual tune of the song. I recall on x factor about 3 years back a group of girls were thrown together to come up with a song for an extra audition and they sang 'You've Got the Love' and murdered it, as do the majority of those who cover this song and just shout their way through it.
  • mcalmcal Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been performing on the gay scene for years under the stage name Eva La Diva, she is a regular at gran canaria pride where she always does a mean version of 'I just wanna fu**ing dance'
    http://youtu.be/Ijr-bZ-a0Go
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Who is she - Julio Iglesia's daughter? ;)

Nope, apparently it is one of Spain's most common surnames, means church.......
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah, I see, they were supposed to be singing were they?

Awful rubbish actually.
  • muchlymuchly Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    She was just dull, dull, dull. And her outfit was awful. I'm not surprised she was dumped.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she looked younger than 40.

Yeah, me too, but then I watch a fair bit of Jeremy Kyle so my expectations are somewhat skewed. :D
    Forum Member
    muchly wrote: »
    She was just dull, dull, dull. And her outfit was awful. I'm not surprised she was dumped.
    That's a tad harsh.
  • catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate shouty screechy women singers and she was one of them. Why do they sing like that?
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Chav in the same vein as Gappy the X factor winner, i thought she was going to have a heart attack she went that red when she was screeching (cos that wasn't singing!)
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sob story at the end was just plain odd and forced in. What a joke, it really wasn't needed at all.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very ordinary woman singing a song perfectly adequately; the sort of thing I could hear performed better at the karaoke night at my local pub.

A poor man's Sam Bailey.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very ordinary woman singing a song perfectly adequately; the sort of thing I could hear performed better at the karaoke night at my local pub.

A poor man's Sam Bailey.

I thought Sam Bailey was a poor mans Sam Bailey!!!