When casting Netflix, anyone get this message?

howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
Forum Member
"We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later"
I get this...not on every film, when in USA region.

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Yeah get it now and then, sometimes half way through what we're watching.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howardl wrote: »

Assuming you're not in the US, which VPN service are you using? Also, what device are you using to access Netflix?

On an AppleTV3 with Unblock-US I rarely get a problem, and logging out and in again fixes it if I do.
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    Assuming you're not in the US, which VPN service are you using? Also, what device are you using to access Netflix?

On an AppleTV3 with Unblock-US I rarely get a problem, and logging out and in again fixes it if I do.

Unotelly, chromecast. Using LG. Gpad tablet
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howardl wrote: »

I have had a lot of trouble with netflix on android moto g kitkat (4.4.4) since the recent update to netflix. It takes ages to connect to netfklix, and then frequently bombs out when trying to play a film. - failure to connect to server message.
    This happens more with smart dns (overplay) than when using overplay as a VPN, but still happens with both. quite frequently.

I tried hola and another VPN - same problems.

My tablet using an older version of netflix works fine, as well as a PC version. So I so I am sure it is not the vpns. I have come to the conclusion it is the new version of netflix on android causing the problem.

Anybody else having similar issues?
  • J LeninJ Lenin Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a proper pain in the neck. Every time I cast to chromesat I lose the pause and stop screen after 2 or 3 minutes - cannot stop the video unless I go to another app - say YouTube - and cast from it and then go back to netflix. Cannot find a way of getting the screen back. Can anyone help? I have already rebooted the chromecast and this has not helped.