New election - would you vote the same way?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
Forum Member
OK, it's three weeks time; no coalition of any flavour, Brown has stood down, and the Tory minority government fails to get its Queen's Speech through.

A new election is called. Same candidates are standing.

Do you vote the same way as yesterday?

I voted locally, so I probably would.

Comments

• LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Yes I would vote for the Lib Dems again. We might even win this time, you just never know.
  • The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    No, I voted Lib Dems this time, but I would be back voting Labour in another election.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd stick with the Conservatives - the reasoning being I agree with more of their policies than the other two major parties (though I cannot say I agree with them all).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would stick with the Lib Dems I think. It makes zero difference where I am anyway so I might as well vote for the ones I agree with most.
  • PinkGlitterPinkGlitter Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I voted Labour this time, but in the event of another election I would vote tory.
  • rachelb65rachelb65 Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Intereting question.

My husband voted Libdems, I voted Tory.

He voted as a protest vote against the MPs expenses, I voted to get GB out and thought a tory vote was the best option.

I would still vote tory and husband said he would now vote tory...he did his protest vote and next time round it will be for government vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    I would stay with Labour
  • BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would stay with Labour and hope the LibDems and minority voters switch to defeat the Tories.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    No, I voted Lib Dems this time, but I would be back voting Labour in another election.

Are you in a marginal? Was it tactical, or a 'flirtation' with the Lib Dems? I only ask because not much has really been said about the impact (if any) of tactical voting this time around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, would still vote LibDem. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would still vote Labour.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    I would still vote lib dem. I'm in a labour stronghold anyway so not like it would make any difference without massive swing
  • the spiz 2the spiz 2 Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd vote the same way and hopefully we wouldn't be overwhelmed with Farage and co this time...
  • Lee CoolLee Cool Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would still vote Labour, the polices are still the same, thats what matters
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would still vote the same but I didn't vote for either of the main three.
    I blame the media for this fiasco.
    If the other parties were given half the platform that the main three were given then the results would've been clearer and different. I don't think we'd be in this stupid mess.
    Why were the UKIP,BNP, Green etc not allowed on the debate shows for example? Why was there pratically no mention of them on the news or in the papers? It was all the main three.. People were brainwashed.
  • The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    Room101 wrote: »
    Are you in a marginal? Was it tactical, or a 'flirtation' with the Lib Dems? I only ask because not much has really been said about the impact (if any) of tactical voting this time around.

I like quite a bit of the Lib Dems policies, but I am a Labourite at heart. However, I didn't vote for Labour this time (for the first time ever!!) because I wanted to register a protest vote. I am totally opposed to ID cards, creeping surveillance and erosion of civil rights and feel it is time to pull out of Afghanistan. I didn't feel I could vote for the party whilst it was pursuing these policies. It wasn't a tactical vote as I am in a Labour safe seat, but I did want to register my displeasure.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It be a political nightmare if this happened. So would the ones who lost their seat have to be voted for again?
  • maybemaybe Posts: 4,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would still vote labour
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think quite a lot who voted Lib Dem (in a constituency where Labour *just* missed out to conservatives) would switch their vote for the greater good.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would change my vote from Libdem to Labour as I cannot bear the thought of a Conservative government. Too many will suffer under their rule including myself, the only ones who will benefit are already wealthy and don't need Camerons bloody help. Inheritance tax my arse.
    I thought more people would have voted Libdem this time so I gave them my support but on reflection it was a bit of a wasted vote and I should have gone for Labour.
  • steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's true, but my guess is that Tactical Voting against the Tories is probably what stopped the Conservatives getting an overall majority.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I would still vote the same but I didn't vote for either of the main three.
    I blame the media for this fiasco.
    If the other parties were given half the platform that the main three were given then the results would've been clearer and different. I don't think we'd be in this stupid mess.
    Why were the UKIP,BNP, Green etc not allowed on the debate shows for example? Why was there pratically no mention of them on the news or in the papers? It was all the main three.. People were brainwashed.

Griffin had a platform but he was crap.
  • tellyadicttellyadict Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, it's three weeks time; no coalition of any flavour, Brown has stood down, and the Tory minority government fails to get its Queen's Speech through.

A new election is called. Same candidates are standing.

Do you vote the same way as yesterday?

I voted locally, so I probably would.

Yes as we kicked Labour out of High Peak.
  • pauli89pauli89 Posts: 12,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably
  • spangspang Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't it be funny if after all the stuff that's going on at the moment, another election is called as no agreement can be found, and it got exactly the same result.