It's better without Cowell

UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me here, but by Christ I think X Factor is better without Cowell on screen. And, indeed, Cheryl Cole.

The three new judges just seem to have a bit more gravitas (although they're probably just trying to impress so they get the big cheque again next year, not that GB needs it :p) and I really don't miss Cowell's smugness and CC's pouty "Look at me, pet, Ah'm so special" air.

TBH, watching it this weekend made Louis Walsh appear truly like a relic from an earlier age, I found his whole panto dame "ner ner ner-ner ner" routine grating on my ears more than ever before.

But, as I say, I'm probably alone in thinking this!

Comments

• Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me here, but by Christ I think X Factor is better without Cowell on screen. And, indeed, Cheryl Cole.

The three new judges just seem to have a bit more gravitas (although they're probably just trying to impress so they get the big cheque again next year, not that GB needs it :p) and I really don't miss Cowell's smugness and CC's pouty "Look at me, pet, Ah'm so special" air.

TBH, watching it this weekend made Louis Walsh appear truly like a relic from an earlier age, I found his whole panto dame "ner ner ner-ner ner" routine grating on my ears more than ever before.

Deffo agree with Cheryl and partly agree about Simon
  • I heart KellyI heart Kelly Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree its better without Cowell

always like having a look at CC though!
  • BurketteBurkette Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cowell Who?
    Good post it is far far better without his smug, egotistical arrogance. Simon is there for Simon he has no interest in finding talent just lining his pockets. Actually American Idol is far better without him as well. I do not think Craig, Sophie and Sami would have had a chance at live shows if he was still around. Cheryl was only there to further her own career and was as self absorbed as Simon.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    It is much better without the Cowell and Cole conjoined at the end of the table, and I like the personalities of the new judges, as well as their energy and enthusiasm, which was glaringly lacking from last year's panel (Dannii excluded).

It feels generally rejuvenated, but at times it feels like it's the same script but a different cast with Tulisa coming out with Cheryl's "you're my guilty pleasure" and Gary having random pops at Louis a la Cowell, seemingly just to cause a stir and for no other purpose than to warm up the already raucous crowd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    different faces, same old fixing
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Agreed, I was so sick of simon and cheryl last year all over each other. Dannii is a big loss to the show but I love the new panel, maybe they should have axed Louis instead of Dannii??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    davedub wrote: »
    Agreed, I was so sick of simon and cheryl last year all over each other. Dannii is a big loss to the show but I love the new panel, maybe they should have axed Louis instead of Dannii??
    I've said the same thing before, surely Dannii would have been a better choice than Louis???
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, Simon lost his edge since Cheryl started in 2008 so in that respect it is better without Simon. Dannii was good and I do miss her as a judge though. Good riddance to Cheryl Cole
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    The only thing Danni brought to the show was underhand tactical remarks(Danyl for example) and an Aussie accent.

She was just as manipulative as Simon Cowell but since she is viewed as being "hot" and said it with a smile people didn't pick up on it.

Glad to see the back her :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I'm so happy with the new panel specially Kelly and Tulisa. Sick of Louis though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I was totally sick of Simon & Cheryl! THe new lineup has a different more positive vibe. It was like the old panel were bored!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont miss him on the uk one because i'm addicted to the us one now!!!
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I don't like Gary very much so kind of miss Simon. I don't miss Cheryl at all but do think Dannii not being on is a big loss.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is OP and Garys not that bad, at least he does say its crap which is more than the rest of them do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cowell is still there vicariously. At least they haven't made Gary fill his role entirely by doing that thing where he goes "I didn't think it was good..." "... I thought it was fantastic". whilst the pound signs flash in his eyes. Cowell used to be honest early on; then ego took over.

The same concepts and scripts still remain, however!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malik24 wrote: »
    Cowell is still there vicariously. At least they haven't made Gary fill his role entirely by doing that thing where he goes "I didn't think it was good..." "... I thought it was fantastic". whilst the pound signs flash in his eyes. Cowell used to be honest early on; then ego took over.

The same concepts and scripts still remain, however!

Agreed. It's the same manipulation going on behind the scenes as well; you can see Simon's influence as if he's still there, pulling all the strings.

I was really disappointed to hear some of the same old comments trotted out. I hope Tulisa and Gary come into their own and get the confidence to be themselves instead of wannabe Simon and Cheryl.

Louis...really. What is he still doing here? A panel of Gary, Kelly, Tulisa and Dannii would have been much better.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Agreed. It's the same manipulation going on behind the scenes as well; you can see Simon's influence as if he's still there, pulling all the strings.

I was really disappointed to hear some of the same old comments trotted out. I hope Tulisa and Gary come into their own and get the confidence to be themselves instead of wannabe Simon and Cheryl.

Louis...really. What is he still doing here? A panel of Gary, Kelly, Tulisa and Dannii would have been much better.

That would have being a fantastic panel
  • GravitationalGravitational Posts: 1,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't miss Simon or Cheryl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cowell is still there..look close and you'll see him work the puppets:)
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No you're not. Watching Cowell suck up to Cheryl last series was embarrassing. Saving her acts over more talented singers. Not missing him already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davedub wrote: »

I think the show has a very amature look and feel to it this year. Totally classless
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jem411 wrote: »
    different faces, same old fixing

Absolutely correct. Plain n simple:yawn:
  • SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffyjj wrote: »
    Absolutely correct. Plain n simple:yawn:

What do you mean. Are you saying they fix the phone lines. You seem to think that :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean. Are you saying they fix the phone lines. You seem to think that :confused:

I am certain, and have been since the Rhydian/Leon final, that if the votes aren't actually fixed, they are manipulated. I also think that Simon and the producers know the voting figures in the break, and tell the judges how to vote. Hence every so often we get a sudden rule change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actually OP your opinion is a very popular one. i agree wholeheartidly - glad to see the back of them and we have 3 fantastic, talented and refreshing judges (though i wish tulisa would buck up a bit in giving genuine opinions and even kelly too, though mostly i wish i could understand half the things she comes out with...albeit in a very cute accent :) ).

the new panel are fantastic, but tbh i could probably sit and watch my 4 goldfish for 2 hours and find it more comfortable viewing than cowell and cole.