Official Snooker Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NWScots wrote: »
    I see Michael Holt has had a major snipe at Clive Everton on Twitter complaining about some comments he made about shot choices or something in commentary. Also criticised Clive's playing ability and snarked about his highest break being something pretty insignificant. He did get some resistance from some others defending Clive and telling him to get over himself. Wonder if he wants ketchup with that massive chip on his shoulder...

Didn't he also have a swipe at Ken Doherty claiming he can't understand a word he (Ken) says or something? I am not all that good at understanding Twitter (dreadfully confusing layout on that site) so I may be wrong. But I have read it elsewhere too.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't he also have a swipe at Ken Doherty claiming he can't understand a word he (Ken) says or something? I am not all that good at understanding Twitter (dreadfully confusing layout on that site) so I may be wrong. But I have read it elsewhere too.

Yeah I've been rubbernecking Holty's outbursts too. Certainly not a happy bunny, been ranting for two days now! I can only recall one about Ken though and it seemed in jest about his accent ('turd-y tree' for 33 or something I think heh)...
  • NWScotsNWScots Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know what you mean. The whole Twitterverse is almost enough to bring on a migraine - even for someone who's never had one before.

From what I can work out, Holt said his top five commentators are Steve Davis, Dominic Dale, John Parrott, Stephen Hendry and Ken Doherty. Some other ignoramus then went on to say Ken is crap and you need a translator to understand him to which Holt very cleverly responded "tirtytree and a turd...". Make of that what you will! Regardless, he's come across like a total child with his ranting about Clive.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean. The whole Twitterverse is almost enough to bring on a migraine - even for someone who's never had one before.

From what I can work out, Holt said his top five commentators are Steve Davis, Dominic Dale, John Parrott, Stephen Hendry and Ken Doherty. Some other ignoramus then went on to say Ken is crap and you need a translator to understand him to which Holt very cleverly responded "tirtytree and a turd...". Make of that what you will! Regardless, he's come across like a total child with his ranting about Clive.

Looks like he only likes the ones he's played against. Probably doesnt like any criticism he gets from the others. But he brings it on himself. He is temperamental and that isnt Clive Everton's fault
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've been rubbernecking Holty's outbursts too. Certainly not a happy bunny, been ranting for two days now! I can only recall one about Ken though and it seemed in jest about his accent ('turd-y tree' for 33 or something I think heh)...

Thanks for explaining about the Ken Doherty comments. I was getting my info third hand, and couldn't really understand a thing when I stuck my nose on Twitter. :o

Holt does seem a rather unhappy chappie. He'll win no fans slagging Sir Clive.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I see Michael Holt has had a major snipe at Clive Everton on Twitter complaining about some comments he made about shot choices or something in commentary. Also criticised Clive's playing ability and snarked about his highest break being something pretty insignificant. He did get some resistance from some others defending Clive and telling him to get over himself. Wonder if he wants ketchup with that massive chip on his shoulder...
    Holt reminds me of Joey Barton. I think they're from the same part of the world and look a little similar.

Both should give Twitter a wide berth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Holt reminds me of Joey Barton. I think they're from the same part of the world and look a little similar.

Both should give Twitter a wide berth.

I've often thought there's a bit of a similarity looks and temperament wise too, although I've always quite liked Holty up until now.

Holt's from Nottingham though Degsy, not Merseyside :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It must be his cheeky chappy attitude that for some reason makes me think he's a scouser
  • NWScotsNWScots Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for explaining about the Ken Doherty comments. I was getting my info third hand, and couldn't really understand a thing when I stuck my nose on Twitter. :o

Holt does seem a rather unhappy chappie. He'll win no fans slagging Sir Clive.

No problem :)

The whole thing smacks of protesting too much. It makes me wonder who he's trying to convince with his rants about being so much better than Clive gives him credit for. That amount of over compensating makes me very suspicious. Put it this way, if Clive had made a comment about Higgins, Ronnie or Hendry I think it highly unlikely that they would respond at all, and especially not in such a churlish and childish manner. But then I'm sure they have enough confidence in their own abilities without having to shout it from the rooftops. Or on Twitter!
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy Ronnie will return to defend his crown, he better get the practice in now :)
  • Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest tournament kicks-off on Eurosport 2 tomorrow and I can't wait! Bring it on boys :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100k is a fair old whack for winning a handful of best of 7's isn't it? Good to have a tournament in Ireland in the run-up to the Worlds.....it's sort of taken the place of the Irish Masters....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well seeing as its NOT in China for once, lets hope there are a lot more 'bums on seats' this time. Empty seats do not inspire players to produce their best methinks.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And this is how the last 32 pans out

12.03. 10:00 Martin Gould vs Tom Ford
    12.03. 12:00 Barry Hawkins vs Li Hang
    12.03. 14:00 Neil Robertson vs Jamie Burnett
    12.03. 16:00 Stephen Maguire vs Joe Swail
    12.03. 19:30 Mark Allen vs Mark Davis
    12.03. 21:30 Mark Selby vs Jack Lisowski
    13.03. 10:00 Rod Lawler vs Cao Yupeng
    13.03. 12:00 Ding Junhui vs Andrew Higginson
    13.03. 14:00 Graeme Dott vs Xiao Guodong
    13.03. 16:00 John Higgins vs Ali Carter
    13.03. 19:30 Judd Trump vs Alfie Burden
    13.03. 21:30 Ken Doherty vs Kurt Maflin
    14.03. 10:00 Marco Fu vs Mark Joyce
    14.03. 12:00 Robert Milkins vs Anthony McGill
    14.03. 14:00 Ben Woollaston vs Mark Williams
    14.03. 16:00 Stuart Bingham vs Joe Perry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Darren, I have printed that schedule out to keep by me during tomorrow's marathon viewing session ;)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    100k is a fair old whack for winning a handful of best of 7's isn't it? Good to have a tournament in Ireland in the run-up to the Worlds.....it's sort of taken the place of the Irish Masters....

Not just anywhere in Ireland, the hall in my university :D I might head down and have a look at it after my lecture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well seeing as its NOT in China for once, lets hope there are a lot more 'bums on seats' this time. Empty seats do not inspire players to produce their best methinks.

Not yet.....:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remarkable comeback by Swail from 0-3 to oust Maguire in the decider.....barring snookers
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remarkable comeback by Swail from 0-3 to oust Maguire in the decider.....barring snookers

glad you put 'barring snookers' :D

Maguire putting up a good fight as always!

very much behind schedule! 90 mins ago the next match should have started :eek:
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    Not yet.....:(

Terrible turnout by then audience given tickets are cheap. Today's were €10 a session or €15 all day.

Even all day Sunday which is 2 semis and final are only €40.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Terrible turnout by then audience given tickets are cheap. Today's were €10 a session or €15 all day.

Even all day Sunday which is 2 semis and final are only €40.

Think all the Irish must be in Cheltenham malc....:p

Has filled up a bit tonight I guess, as Allen just completes a whitewash over Davis
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    Think all the Irish must be in Cheltenham malc....:p

Has filled up a bit tonight I guess, as Allen just completes a whitewash over Davis

Good point on Cheltenham, that gets more Irish than Brits :)

I would love to watch snooker live but there is never anything live around here. Closest was the Seniors in Portsmouth, but that would not have been easy to get to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent win for Jack Lisowski defeating Selby in a decider last night. Can't say I stayed up tilt he end though, bit too late on a Tuesday night for me!
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whos playing first today?

just seen the schedule up the page so doesn`t matter.
  • AbacaAbaca Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a match still to come after this Trump/Burden decider, does anyone know the record for the latest start to a match?
This discussion has been closed.