Big Left 4 Dead 2 DLC incoming

2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
Forum Member
Thought I'd make this topic to share the news that Left 4 Dead 2 – Cold Stream DLC has been dated for July 24th.

This includes all previous levels from L4D 1 including some "other surprises and details" not yet disclosed. :cool:
L4D Blog wrote:

After months *cough*year*cough* of play testing not just the Cold Stream campaign on the PC but the entire DLC consisting of Blood Harvest, Crash Course, Cold Stream, Dead Air, and Death Toll, we are ready to release on the Xbox 360.

The date will be July 24th. There are some other surprises and details we will give you later but for now we just want to confirm an often requested feature. With the update going out at the same time (also for the PC), all of the mutations will be available at all times. This will allow players to choose to match into games playing Taannkk!, Gib Fest, or even a user created mutation like Confogl.

Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks as we get ready to launch.

I wonder how much it will cost or will MS let Valve release it for free? (if that's their intention). It's a good excuse to fire this up again in preparation, I still think it's one of the best co-op experiences out there this gen. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed playing the Cold Stream beta so am glad I'll be able to play it with my friends now.
    Will be a bit put off paying for it as it's free on Steam but it'll be worth it.
    Definitely one of my favourite games to play with my friends.
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I have to admit, I am really excited about this :D I vaguely remember something being said about there being a join between 1 and 2 but have to admit had forgotten about it. :rolleyes: Weird that I was asking were they bringing out another one recently and they were STILL working on DLC for it.

Just started playing this again recently, the past couple of weeks and the memories are just flooding back. Trying to help others get their achievements :D

I love survival mode too. Just absolute chaos.

Can't wait for DLC! :D
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I'm sure this will be great............screw the DLC and give me L4D3 NOW!! :p
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    As much as I'm sure this will be great............screw the DLC and give me L4D3 NOW!! :p

What would you like to see in a new game? Any suggestions? :D
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    ToomaMcC wrote: »
    I've enjoyed playing the Cold Stream beta so am glad I'll be able to play it with my friends now.
    Will be a bit put off paying for it as it's free on Steam but it'll be worth it.
    Definitely one of my favourite games to play with my friends.

Yep, if it does cost, which it likely will then yeah that does suck a bit but it's just one of those things. I know the game is better supported on Steam and there are "mods" (meh), but I still prefer to play this on a console than I do on a PC so I'll happily pay for it. Plus there's these "surprises" that have not yet been announced, they may well be minor but it could also be something quite good.

Better we get it than not at all is my thinking, in fact it's a little surprising that Valve are still behind the 360 game in this way. It's great news overall, L4D is still such a good game. :)
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member

no no no half life we need half life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is me or has this thread been trimmed

On the cost subject please remember to put a Patch on XBL it cost $40,000 so to put DLC on there it would probably around the same or even more. Valve own steam so putting this free on there is no problem for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    What would you like to see in a new game? Any suggestions? :D

Graphical updates, customizable characters, bigger loadout of weapons, ability to board up doors and windows, maybe a proper dynamic day/night/weather cycle (having a zombie charging at you out of fog for example and having a second to react would be epic :D). More random zombies with body parts missing crawling along the ground biting your ankles, perhaps zombie animals. :D

Having said that I think Valve supporting the 2 games so long after their release is fantastic and should set the standard that other devs and publishers should follow.
    Forum Member
    Graphical updates, customizable characters, bigger loadout of weapons, ability to board up doors and windows, maybe a proper dynamic day/night/weather cycle (having a zombie charging at you out of fog for example and having a second to react would be epic :D). More random zombies with body parts missing crawling along the ground biting your ankles, perhaps zombie animals. :D

Having said that I think Valve supporting the 2 games so long after their release is fantastic and should set the standard that other devs and publishers should follow.

I agree. It's amazing that its still supported after all this time. And is a brilliant game.

Love your suggestions by the way. Having the ability to barricade yourself in somewhere might make it that bit more realistic :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    I agree. It's amazing that its still supported after all this time. And is a brilliant game.

Love your suggestions by the way. Having the ability to barricade yourself in somewhere might make it that bit more realistic :D

I will admit to not being a big fan of the first one, L4D 2 however just blew me away. Loved every minute of it. The atmosphere of the game, the music, the interaction of the characters, better weapons and more zombies.

Here's hoping we get one more L4D game before the end of this gen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, if it does cost, which it likely will then yeah that does suck a bit but it's just one of those things. I know the game is better supported on Steam and there are "mods" (meh), but I still prefer to play this on a console than I do on a PC so I'll happily pay for it. Plus there's these "surprises" that have not yet been announced, they may well be minor but it could also be something quite good.

Better we get it than not at all is my thinking, in fact it's a little surprising that Valve are still behind the 360 game in this way. It's great news overall, L4D is still such a good game. :)

Definitely, Steam is a great way to play mod's and a quick game alone. But the real fun is playing with some friends and just having a laugh with it.
    I love how Valve support games, in fact I love Valve fullstop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still love L4D I think its the best co op game this gen. The dated graphics don't bother me I think the gameplay is incredible. I love L4D1 but this gave me a reason to rebuy L4D2. Can't wait for the DLC.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    "For Xbox 360 players sorry but the Cold Stream DLC on the Xbox 360 is going to be delayed until next week."

L4D2 Is also on Games On Demand priced £19.99.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    The price has been revealed to be 560 MS Points, which Ironically enough was the price of Left 4 Dead 2 on PC during the Steam Summer Sale.
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »

Actually, just checking Left 4 Dead 2 is STILL £3.74 on Steam, with the Four Pack bundle being £11.24.

Just throwing that out there, the game is compatible with Xbox 360 controllers to.
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    "For Xbox 360 players sorry but the Cold Stream DLC on the Xbox 360 is going to be delayed until next week."

Yeah I noticed it popped up on GoD this week. If ever there was a game worth having on the HDD it's this and certainly with the DLC next week making it a complete experience. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into the game again as it's been a while for me.
    Forum Member
    I ended up buying this from Games on Demand the other day as I'd given my old copy away and I've not played it in ages. I soon realised one thing.

So. Much. Fun!! While the graphics have always been a bit on the dated side, the gameplay is far from it. :)

With the Sacrifice and The Passing DLC on top it already has a surprising amount of content but with tomorrow's update to include all original campaigns from the first game and the new Cold Stream campaign along with the additional competitive modes it will amount to a really nice package. Maybe they'll even consider reselling it as a complete edition later this year, I think it would do quite well.
    Forum Member
    I doubt they'd do a complete edition, they only did that once for L4D1 and then more new stuff came anyway which they said they regretted as it wasted time resubmitting the game under a different name just to continue working on it anyway!

IF on the off chance they do that though, they should also release it on PS3, would be a perfect jump in point as L4D2 now includes all of the first games campaigns as well as all the DLC campaigns.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed L4D2 but haven't played it many times as I was put off by the multi-player where everyone kept running off doing their own thing. At under £5 this looks good though.
    Forum Member
    Nailz wrote: »
    I enjoyed L4D2 but haven't played it many times as I was put off by the multi-player where everyone kept running off doing their own thing. At under £5 this looks good though.

It's a lot more enjoyable when working with mates instead, at least there's some banter backing things up then.
    Forum Member
    The Cold Stream DLC is up now and It's FREE. Grab it now while you can. :cool: I'm guessing it's an error of some kind, it's available from the in-game menu on L4D2.
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    still hoping for a 3rd game to make it a trilogy but don't hold out hope as valve tend not to make a 3rd game in any series :( which is a shame because L4D was the first game i bought for xbox and is still one of my favourite games :(
    Forum Member
    I'm confident a third game will come but I don't think there's really much they can do with it this gen to improve upon it, unless of course they go PC exclusivity route but that's not where the most revenue is. Next gen will be a different story and I think that's most likely Valve's thinking behind both L4D and Half Life.

As for a PS3 release, I'd love to see it happen as it would open up the popularity of the series even further. It's not out of the question but if you read up about the struggles they went thorough to get this game up and running in it's current guise on the 360 you'll see that it wouldn't be a simple port but a huge project and I think that is most likely one of the reasons why it hasn't already happened.. It's a very memory intense game, it's not like Portal or even Half Life as things get incredibly hectic when a horde of zombies fill the screen and it stresses the hardware very hard at times. I'm not saying the PS3 couldn't handle it, just that it wouldn't be an easy task (just as it wasn't for the 360).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    The Cold Stream DLC is up now and It's FREE. Grab it now while you can. :cool: I'm guessing it's an error of some kind, it's available from the in-game menu on L4D2.

Thanks for the heads up
  • cosmicsoupcosmicsoup Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    No content available now when I tried to download within the game. They must have noticed the error :( lol