Luisa winning = glorifying bullying!

SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As the title says for me Luisa who i detest anyway should not win this regardless of everything he act of bullying over Jason and then been given the 250k prize really would send a horrific message out there to millions of viewers that being a bully is what gets you good things in life.

This one reason alone is why Leah should take it imo.

Bullys should never ever be rewarded!

Comments

• Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be so dumb.
  • SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you condone bullying? How mature
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    I personally like and respect both candidates at this stage. I can see elements where Leah is possibly just as bad as Luisa.

For example remember in Dubai where she constantly undermimed the leadership of Zee. I didn't necessarily like him, but Leah and Natalie's accusations of sexism is pretty very unprofessional whether it is evident or not. They are there to do a job, not use personal attacks on people.

I agree that Luisa also undercutted Jason's leadership, and I think she's a strong character. She also accepted the way she acted was wrong, which is more than I could say for Leah that week 5.
  • molyeshamolyesha Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Why is the OP dumb for disliking bullying?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never really liked Luisa, bullying, eyerolling, etc but to call her ex boss an idiot in her cv lacks respect. (whether they were or not, I always think its better to show repect as the world is a small place and everyone knows everyone)
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    McStoner wrote: »
    I personally like and respect both candidates at this stage. I can see elements where Leah is possibly just as bad as Luisa.

For example remember in Dubai where she constantly undermimed the leadership of Zee. I didn't necessarily like him, but Leah and Natalie's accusations of sexism is pretty very unprofessional whether it is evident or not. They are there to do a job, not use personal attacks on people.

I agree that Luisa also undercutted Jason's leadership, and I think she's a strong character, but I wouldn't say she's a bully. She accepted the way she acted was wrong, which is more than I could say for Leah that week 5.

Jason had no leadership ability. There was nothing to undermine. The problem was how to move him aside. Doing nothing when the PM is hopeless, has always brought criticism on candidates on the Apprentice both sides of the Atlantic. Luisa couldn't move him aside on her own. so she either let him blunder on, or tried to get him to decide. Not trying makes it no more likely he will decide anything. When he gets his turn, Neil just told him he wasn't PM any more. Neil got away with it because he was the dominant male, and by then there were three votes to get rid of him. Neil avoids public criticism because people like alpha males being alpha - in a way they don't like alpha females harrying weak males with Teddy Bears.

.Leah jumped on Zee quickly, but the context needs remembering . They had lived and worked with Zee for weeks. The males had already made similar comments about him. Alex was as negative that task, as early. Leah is incisive and decisive and is going to sum up the situation quickly, on whats known and whats already happening. In the same way as Luisa , she concludes, rightly, that the PM is useless. Neither of them take the easy option of just letting the PM fail and be fired. There's nothing in the Apprentice that says a weak PM should be given a fair chance to fail - not least because its other people who may end up in the firing line for not doing more to sort his mess out.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    fickrick wrote: »
    I never really liked Luisa, bullying, eyerolling, etc but to call her ex boss an idiot in her cv lacks respect. (whether they were or not, I always think its better to show repect as the world is a small place and everyone knows everyone)

Respect is something that has to be earned though. You can't respect someone if there is nothing to respect.
  • molyeshamolyesha Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Respect is something that has to be earned though. You can't respect someone if there is nothing to respect.

Maybe, but we've all worked for people we've disliked/not respected. Most people have the sense to keep their opinions to themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why the participants would remove a poor manager. I certainly wouldn't because a extremely poor manager would get the sack, 100%.

as for luisa - I dont like her.

The only way I can describe luisa is that you want to take the company left but luisa wants to go right.

But then again I can't help but think if I was PM I wouldn't tolerate luisa. I would tell her my decision and if she still argues quite simply id say if we fail it will be because of her and she will be coming back to the board room. My decision is final and that's that , move on.

She really annoyed me on the ready meal task when she said "it became quite apparent I should have been in the kitchen". Implying that it was a bad decision. Yet, based on the information she gave, she did not go in the kitchen. - again I know I wouldn't tolerate this, I wouldn't let her get away with making that comment.

But I still look at them as being extremely poor finalists.

Luisa - I've always said anyone that comes up with a cup cake business is not an entrepreneur. They're just some one that can't think of a good business idea. I've also seen extremely poor qualities from her throughout the series.

The blonde woman - they keep referring to her as a business woman yet she hasn't made one business in her entire life. And the one business she has come up with is very questionable.

Sadly I think luisa will win but I honestly don't think either of them are special business women, despite luisa owning a big business.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with not removing a crap manager is that it may be recoverable and you get a win..but if you don't then you're in the boardroom and the crappy guy with help from his teddy suddenly comes into his own and you're fired since you did nothing to stop the rot especially since you could see it happening
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee won a few years ago. He was exposed to have lied and he also came across as a bully talking down at some of the women.

So if you use that logic, Lou is a winner through and through.

I am not sure if she is actually a bully. She is ruthless but then you always get someone like that at work. I certainly know 2 people like that at work. Manipulative and ruthless.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't bully Jason at all. It was a task and she wanted to win. He only really said good things about her when he was on Your Fired. :)
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    Lee won a few years ago. He was exposed to have lied and he also came across as a bully talking down at some of the women.

I am not sure if she is actually a bully. She is ruthless but then you always get someone like that at work. I certainly know 2 people like that at work. Manipulative and ruthless.

As one of the interviewers so rightly said she suffers from 'spoiled child syndrome'.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen brady admires strong women even though they bully,others

Feminism is a wonderful thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Karen brady admires strong women even though they bully,others

Feminism is a wonderful thing.

What does feminism have to do with bullying? You can be a strong woman or man, without resorting to bullying.
  • troynuncdicittroynuncdicit Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    She didn't even bully Jason ffs
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Luisa has been great entertainment, and i've been more and more impressed with her business sense as the programme has gone on.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    mimi123456 wrote: »

He said one thing to Sara which half of the house was saying, if anything I would call it jumping on the band wagon. Lee wasn't a bully at all, but he shouldn't have said those things to Sara - that was his ugliest moment in the series. He only had such a confrontation with Sara - no one else!
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member

Off topic, but I've never had any time for this philosophy, at all. I think it's best to respect everyone from the off until they give you a reason NOT to respect them. That's the way that's natural to me, anyway. :)

As for Luisa, I'm not fond of her in the slightest, but she does seem to have grown and learned from the process. If she quits whining in that awful baby voice and remembers not to talk down to other people all the time, I think she could do very well. While I wouldn't say she's become likeable, I think she has a good skillset and a lot of drive. I hope that if she does win she doesn't jack it all in and become a media ****, falling out of nightclubs for the tabloids etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    When he gets his turn, Neil just told him he wasn't PM any more. Neil got away with it because he was the dominant male, and by then there were three votes to get rid of him. Neil avoids public criticism because people like alpha males being alpha - in a way they don't like alpha females harrying weak males with Teddy Bears.

That's quite simply not what happened, Neil specifically said, "You can't change project managers." Luisa then argued to be PM and Jason conceded his position. Neil was simply summing up the meeting (in semi-disbelief, I think), not 'telling' Jason anything. Similarly when Neil worked with Jason on the caravan task he got the best out of him by firmly managing his wayward tendencies, focussing him on the task in hand - whilst Luisa just chanted, 'make a decision' at him. Although to be fair I don't agree with the OP point that she bullied him, she was just plain unprofessional throughout, exactly as she had been early on with the other designer.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I don't know about bullying but watching 'Why I Fired Them' unfortunately reminded of her tactics earlier on in the process, particularly towards Rebecca. Hiding behind the PM, ganging up on someone and trying to convince everyone that they are totally to blame for the failure of the task.
    I think she had grown out of that towards the end. Although in the task where she sent Francesca to the kitchen instead of herself, it did reek of her covering her own back incase it failed.

Luisa's probably played the best Apprentice game out of anyone.
  • skippy upwoodskippy upwood Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I think the main problem with Luisa's treatment of Jason wasn't so much that it was nasty (though it clearly was) but that it was massively counterproductive. It's clear that her whining actually made him take longer than he would otherwise, while her public dressing-down of him after they had finished ailienated the agency (who had a big input in LS's final decision).

For all Jason's undoubted incompetence (and I agree that he was a bad manager) we should remember that Luisa was even worse as PM, refusing to let Neil present, and then messing up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I meant show respect in the cv, privately say they are an idiot etc if they are, other people may not think so. But to call someone an idiot to a potential boss is a bit silly.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    Off topic, but I've never had any time for this philosophy, at all. I think it's best to respect everyone from the off until they give you a reason NOT to respect them. That's the way that's natural to me, anyway. :)

As for Luisa, I'm not fond of her in the slightest, but she does seem to have grown and learned from the process. If she quits whining in that awful baby voice and remembers not to talk down to other people all the time, I think she could do very well. While I wouldn't say she's become likeable, I think she has a good skillset and a lot of drive. I hope that if she does win she doesn't jack it all in and become a media ****, falling out of nightclubs for the tabloids etc.

That is the way it always was. I have no idea why 'respect is earned' has now become the modern mantra.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Luisa's treatment of Jason was made to look far worse by the editing than it probably was. All we saw was her constantly nagging him, we didn't see the hours he sat there dithering over which colour to choose for a logo - I think I'd have been nagging at him by that point.

She's seems to be a good businesswoman and her business plan is better than Leah's imo, but I think she's immature, calling her ex-boss an idiot on a CV for example, and she certainly has to get her own way. Alan's right to be worried about going into business with her.