Corrie 27/5/14 @ 9PM - THE TINA-L COUNTDOWN

dulliredullire Posts: 20,199
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello and welcome to the 2nd episode thread of 'Murder Week'. Tonight's the night we've been waiting 12 months for. :p Which DS'er will get to her first? It's a week of multiple celebrations amongst the cobbleheads with FM Lover celebrating his birthday yesterday and lotty (poster of the year 2013 ;)) today, Happy birthday Lotty.:)
EPISODE 8395

Preview

Trailer

Directed by:
Duncan Foster

Produced by:
Stuart Blackburn

Written by:
Simon Crowther

Coming up tonight @ 9pm:

Orange Is The New Black Alright- The Fall of The Great St. Clementina
After 6 and a half years on the Street, St.Tina is attacked and left for dead, but who tries to kill her? More like who doesn't try?

Meanwhile, Owen confronts Anna, asking why they never sleep together anymore. Anna refuses to answer him not wanting to tell about how he'll never be able to match up to Phelan in the bedroom department and asks to be taken home. When Owen demands to know what the matter is, will Anna finally confess and will we find out what really broke the washing machine? Suspects include bullyboy Owen, fish killer Fayemian, ginga whinga Gareh, steals-on-wheels, stair walker Kateh and Nana Anna's knickers.

Elsewhere, Gail confronts Leanne and Kal about their affair and insists they tell Nick the truth. Er...Gail, technically it's not an affair. We know they've turned you into a dozy old mare since that lovely Hillman fella played with your head but this is a step TOO far. Also, we all know you massaged Nick back to full health. We know your game, you want him to get a D-I-V-O-R-C-E- so you can have him to yourself. Crafty mare.

Also today, Crazy Tracy collects the van full of stolen goods and drives it to Tony's lock-up. Killers United?

Thanks to RK, MyBeautifulHair and aggie for the last three threads.
On This Day:

Nerdy Facts:

#1 A year ago today, Tina gave birth to Jake.

#2 On this day 2011, Colin Fishwick was dug up.

#3 Saturday will be 4 years since the factory siege!

Thread Schedule:

Tomorrow: agatha
Thu: Jaded
Sun 1st: Cuishla

Mon: RK
Wed: agatha
Thu: MyBeautifulHair
Fri 6th: Collie

WHO KILLS TINA?
Yes that's right, there's no faffing about here. We see who pushes her tonight (assuming there's not a twist twist) but who'll do the deed? Is it one of these 3 or someone else?

CARLA?

Alison King, who plays Carla, explained: "Carla has stuck by Peter through thick and thin and Tina has been her friend throughout it all - or so she thought. When she discovers the truth about Peter and Tina it will destroy her.

"There is no way Carla would not confront Tina - it is the first thing she would do. When Carla is angry there is no stopping her - she will feel betrayed by both Tina and Peter. She knows Peter is a weak man, she won't forgive that, but the betrayal by Tina is different. She has confided in her and relied on her to help with Peter and Simon.

"Carla will want answers but when she confronts Tina, emotions will be running high and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!"

ROB?

Marc Baylis, who plays Rob, revealed: "Ever since his brief fling with Tina, Rob has been very wary of her. He has managed to win Tracy back and their business is on the up, but he knows that Tina could bring it all crashing down.

"He has also had his suspicions about Tina and Peter and when he discovers the truth about their affair, he is determined to make sure Tina doesn't tell Carla. As much as Rob doesn't think Peter is good enough for his sister, now that he knows she is pregnant, he wants her to be happy.

"Rob is not someone who is afraid of confrontation and will be determined to try and persuade Tina to keep quiet about both the affair and what she knows about the business. If she refuses, then who knows what could happen?"

PETER?

Chris Gascoyne, who plays Peter, commented: "Peter is a weak man who has made many, many mistakes in his time. Is he capable of murder? Well, maybe if it was an accident!

"He really should make a clean break from Tina and the relationship in order to concentrate on rebuilding his relationship with Carla and prove to her that he will be a good father to their baby.

"But he gets to the stage where he lets Tina think they are going to run away together to Portsmouth, when he has no intention of doing that. Instead of just telling her, he lets her pack her bags and even order the taxi and tells her he will meet her. But then she finds out Carla is pregnant and she threatens to tell Carla everything.

"Peter fears he is going to lose Carla and the baby. He never really loved Tina - he said he did but he didn't. Carla is the love of his life and he is desperate to save his marriage - getting rid of Tina could be the only option."

ORRRRRRRRR
TONY, who my money is still on and has been since Blackburn stated that he was going to get into dodgy deals with Smug & Smugger back in late January.
Tina Moments
Farewell Tina airs June 6th at 8pm. (will include her audition tape with Jack P. Shepherd)

First appearance

Tina/David

Tina abortion

Tina goes to the mortuary

Joe's funeral (Oh look it's Tim Metcalfe :D)

Tina goes to pieces

Tina/Graeme

Tina/Tommy

Tina v Kirsty

Tina v Kylie

Poll Results:
Q. Are you enjoying the show at present?

No 30 votes (44%)
I'm enjoying some of it. 29
Yes 10

Links:

Corrie Spoiler Thread

Suspect ruled out

Tina spoiler pics

Tragedy ahead for Corrie Character

With Tina leaving I present you with the new faces of the Street, 1, 2 & 3.

Hope everyone enjoys the show!!:)

Rate the episode. 158 votes

10%
jeanojgoldenfingerFloh2shy2007Sunny BhoneythewitchbillioPacinoFansheila bligeBirdseedLucy Lou_NiallDEE_ReisOreillystar89marcus_drew[Deleted User]Emma_Henvey 17 votes
10%
LodiEvannahAbrieldavey_waveyStephenHKentAmethyztDilly 1HotgossipLynchpinmaureensOldnjaded[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]Seymour ButtsToffee_Apple 16 votes
13%
DrifterbigsisNiteOwl12ellie-welliealias alias[Deleted User]youcandoitNoush[Deleted User]Bellarooothejoyof_patKingCorrieThe Queen Vic[Deleted User]clarky323barlowconnorLast Requesttrevon1Polly11Janet43 22 votes
17%
Bill ClintonlazyjanecloverGogfumbled0lphinNoseyLouieFM LoverJoy Deanlewiep93mac2708JetsoncurvybabesCuishlaCherryRoseFusionFuryIzzieStarLindy_LoueKiteysAcejr200Leonardo2505 27 votes
8%
SULLAsajanchewstick[Deleted User]NaughtyNanmrsdaisychaindazza89dullireLuxraybrbnewlampwickHiMyNameIsattitude99 13 votes
9%
soapmadgoogliciousSlow_LorisFatimacoolerKeller[Deleted User]Belligerence[Deleted User]Baban[Deleted User]sam_geeStrangeJB92MutantX 15 votes
6%
mrbernayCosyawalford-e20VioletSummersdeivu74Major Chudley[Deleted User]NathanJohnsonPuddin[Deleted User] 10 votes
6%
Silver Tractorgranny smithShazla09[Deleted User]ArthurJBearSorcha_27LewnaticcKornerKabinDODS11jlp95bwfcKiraaa 11 votes
5%
EvilredzebraLeeahHound of Love[Deleted User]Walter NeffSandra BeeSMIDSYmk2[Deleted User] 8 votes
12%
puppetangeldesperate houseAddisonianGulftastic[Deleted User]wwinterjDessieCollieWobblesICON111[Deleted User]MsWilder11ShevkCorabalHollie_Louise[Deleted User]Lewi26[Deleted User]KMKYWAP[Deleted User] 19 votes

Comments

• norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,672
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the excellent spoilers and insights, dullagj2, and happy birthday lotty.

Due to the late kick off tonight, I'm hoping I'll get home in time to watch live, but if not I'll be relying on here to keep me updated before I see it on +1 or itvplayer.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great thread and thanks. Morning all.
    First episode of CS I've been excited for in months.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonderful thread dullagj, laid out humorously and informatively. The old clips are very well selected :)
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooraay!! Thanks for the nice early thread, dj - and a great one it is too. :cool:

Love the summary. :D:D

And [highlight]Happy Birthday to Lovely Lotteh[/highlight]:cool:

(And Happy Birthday to Baby Jerk too) :)
  • LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning Cobbleheads. Thanks for the fabest of fab threads dj! :D Really enjoyed watching the old Tina episodes. What happened to the feisty Tina?

I can hardly contain my excitement at tonight's episode. Roll on 9pm. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lynchpin wrote: »
    Good morning Cobbleheads. Thanks for the fabest of fab threads dj! :D Really enjoyed watching the old Tina episodes. What happened to the feisty Tina?

I can hardly contain my excitement at tonight's episode. Roll on 9pm. :D

Morning Lynchpin - me too! :o:D

Fab of fabest rating last night too - over 9m inc +1. How cool is that? :cool::cool::cool:
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Hello and welcome to the 2nd episode thread of 'Murder Week'. Tonight's the night we've been waiting 12 months for. Which DS'er will get to her first? It's a week of multiple celebrations amongst the cobbleheads with FM Lover celebrating his birthday yesterday and lotty (poster of the year 2013 ;)) today, Happy birthday Lotty.:)

Aw thanks Dulllag, considering I've hardly been on DS of late it's lovely that you remembered :)

(I thoroughly intend to enjoy my birthday tonight with a take away and crack open the litre bottle of 50% voddy I picked up in Gibraltar last week for £7 - £7!!!! :o I am so going to live there :D)

Grrrrrrrrrreat start to the thread as per Dullag!
    Thanks for the excellent spoilers and insights, dullagj2, and happy birthday lotty.

Due to the late kick off tonight, I'm hoping I'll get home in time to watch live, but if not I'll be relying on here to keep me updated before I see it on +1 or itvplayer.
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Hooraay!! Thanks for the nice early thread, dj - and a great one it is too.

Love the summary.

And [highlight]Happy Birthday to Lovely Lotteh[/highlight]:cool:

(And Happy Birthday to Baby Jerk too)

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes norbitonite and Onj! :)

(and Onj I totally agree with your assessment of the Canadian magician on BGT - whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!! Magicians have improved considerably since Paul Daniels! :D)

I thought Tina was going to peg it last night, kept looking at my watch thinking they were cutting it fine!!! :blush: Loved the ending though, Peter caught bang to rights by the mistress whom he'd conveniently 'forgot' to mention the fact that his wife was pregnant - ooops! Bet Tina was foaming - Rita had been proved right, lol!

Roll on tonight, can't wait! :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Aw thanks Dulllag, considering I've hardly been on DS of late it's lovely that you remembered :)

(I thoroughly intend to enjoy my birthday tonight with a take away and crack open the litre bottle of 50% voddy I picked up in Gibraltar last week for £7 - £7!!!! :o I am so going to live there :D)
    I did a real double-take there Lotteh! :o

(and Onj I totally agree with your assessment of the Canadian magician on BGT - whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!! Magicians have improved considerably since Paul Daniels! :D)
    Hope you have a lovely day, Lotteh. Just saw Darcy on TM - he says he won't bother with any magic in the final - he's just going to take his shirt off and stand there. I think we have our winner! :D:D
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought Tina was going to peg it last night, kept looking at my watch thinking they were cutting it fine!!! :blush: Loved the ending though, Peter caught bang to rights by the mistress whom he'd conveniently 'forgot' to mention the fact that his wife was pregnant - ooops! Bet Tina was foaming - Rita had been proved right, lol!

Roll on tonight, can't wait! :kitty:

Happy birthday large birrhday cake for Lotty washed down with Dandelion and Burdoch.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    And now, the end is here
    And so I face the final curtain
    My friend, I'll say it clear
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full
    I travelled each and ev'ry cobble
    And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Regrets, I've had a few
    But then again, too few to mention
    I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
    I planned each charted course, each careful step along the ginnel

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
    When I bit off more than my rubbery lips could chew
    But through it all, when there was doubt
    I poured a pint and threw it out
    I faced it all, with Ronseal’s Decking Oil and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
    I've had my fill, my share of losing
    And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
    To think I did all that
    And may I say, not in a shy way,
    "Oh, Liz can I just please, please, please … go my break now"

For what is a bint, what has she got?
    If not herself, then she has naught
    To say the things she truly feels and not the words of one who drinks
    The record shows I took Peter’s blows and did it my way!

God bless ya Tina. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *applauds Belligerence* :D:D:D:cool:

Although that song always makes me cry - even when it's Tina. :cry:
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very welcome norbitonite. :) I don't know whether to watch it at 9 or 10 as Happy Valley ended on a massive cliffhanger.
    Great thread and thanks. Morning all.
    First episode of CS I've been excited for in months.
    Thanks and my pleasure graze. :) Ditto.
    Wonderful thread dullagj, laid out humorously and informatively. The old clips are very well selected )
    Thanks very much AppleCobbler. :)
    Hooraay!! Thanks for the nice early thread, dj - and a great one it is too.

Love the summary.

And [highlight]Happy Birthday to Lovely Lotteh[/highlight]:

(And Happy Birthday to Baby Jerk too) )
    Very welcome Jaded and thanks. :)
    Lynchpin wrote: »
    Good morning Cobbleheads. Thanks for the fabest of fab threads dj! : Really enjoyed watching the old Tina episodes. What happened to the feisty Tina?

I can hardly contain my excitement at tonight's episode. Roll on 9pm. :
    Thanks Lynchpin :), she used to be a great character.
    Aw thanks Dulllag, considering I've hardly been on DS of late it's lovely that you remembered :

(I thoroughly intend to enjoy my birthday tonight with a take away and crack open the litre bottle of 50% voddy I picked up in Gibraltar last week for £7 - £7!!!! : I am so going to live there

I thought Tina was going to peg it last night, kept looking at my watch thinking they were cutting it fine!!! : Loved the ending though, Peter caught bang to rights by the mistress whom he'd conveniently 'forgot' to mention the fact that his wife was pregnant - ooops! Bet Tina was foaming - Rita had been proved right, lol!

Roll on tonight, can't wait! :
    Thanks Lotty. :) Yes, where have you been? We were going to send out the Dreary missing party for you, we've seen more of corpse Emily. :o

Don't let Shirley Carter know, she'll have the place drank dry. >:(
    And now, the end is here
    And so I face the final curtain
    My friend, I'll say it clear
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full
    I travelled each and ev'ry cobble

Regrets, I've had a few
    But then again, too few to mention
    I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
    I planned each charted course, each careful step along the ginnel

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
    When I bit off more than my rubbery lips could chew
    But through it all, when there was doubt
    I poured a pint and threw it out
    I faced it all, with Ronseal’s Decking Oil and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
    I've had my fill, my share of losing
    And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
    To think I did all that
    And may I say, not in a shy way,
    "Oh, Liz can I just please, please, please … go my break now"

For what is a bint, what has she got?
    If not herself, then she has naught
    To say the things she truly feels and not the words of one who drinks
    The record shows I took Peter’s blows and did it my way!

God bless ya Tina. :cool:
    Love it. I've bolded my fave lines. :D
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vair excited for tonight!! Ta for the thread dullagj2! :) and Happy Birthday lotty!

Think tonight's gonna be intense, last night's ep was fab.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to Corrie tonight, last night's was brilliant! I usually watch Corrie on catch up but I've got myself up to date this week to see who the killer is when it happens, so will be the first time I've watched it live in ages :D
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Yes! Can't wait for this episode. Tina is going down!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did a real double-take there Lotteh! :o

Hope you have a lovely day, Lotteh. Just saw Darcy on TM - he says he won't bother with any magic in the final - he's just going to take his shirt off and stand there. I think we have our winner! :D

LOL!!!

He's got my vote then :cool:
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Happy birthday large birrhday cake for Lotty washed down with Dandelion and Burdoch.

Ta chuck! Thank ye kindly :)
    James J wrote: »
    Vair excited for tonight!! Ta for the thread dullagj2! and Happy Birthday lotty!

Think tonight's gonna be intense, last night's ep was fab.

Thanks James, can't wait for tonight's episode either. Might break the habit of a lifetime and watch it live!!!

I wonder how many DS'ers breathe a sigh of relief when she finally hits the deck! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Thanks Lotty. :) Yes, where have you been? We were going to send out the Dreary missing party for you, we've seen more of corpse Emily. :o

ROFL!!!! Apart from the usual work etc we're refurbing the house and we had 10 days in the Costa del Sol. However, great b'day pressie, the joiners are downstairs now fitting my new kitchen :) It was only going to be a new, very much needed kitchen (old one was about 20+ years old and literally falling apart!) but MrL has got a bit carried away and stripped the whole house of wallpaper, carpets and flooring :o I'm living on a building site, lol! But at least there's been a start today, hooray!
    Don't let Shirley Carter know, she'll have the place drank dry. >:(

Shirley would be dead within a month! But at least the gutters would be warmer to lie in :D
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    I don't like how Tina "dies" on Jake's birthday, that's what the BGT semi finals do though I suppose :(
  • Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,428
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the thread dullagj2 :)

Happy Birthday lotty. Hope you've had a great day. :D

Hi all! :)
    Forum Member
    The threads for Round Sixteen of Survivor for both Corrie and Emmerdale are up now.

So, head on over to the Survivor thread(s) and cast your votes!

Corrie: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1965970

And

Emmerdale: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1965969
    Forum Member
    Cobbleheads!

May is drawing to a close so now is the time to start thinking about your team for June’s Corrie Challenge game.

Don’t worry if you have played before. The game is a bit like a simplified version of Fantasy Football so if you fancy having a go just read the rules below. And, if you're an Emmerdale viewer you can play the Emmerdale version of the game. Just check out any of this week's "Emmerdaily" thread for instructions.

Anyway, it’s a very easy game to play. The object of the game is to pick a team of 11 characters from those listed below which you think will score the more points than the other people playing the game.

Once you’ve whittled your shortlist down to 11 characters you will then need to nominate one of them as Captain. This character will have their score doubled so you’re really looking to identify the character which you think will score the most points during the month to maximise your chances of winning.

Then, simply post your choices on the thread or send them to me via PM, and keep an eye out for the Monday Episode Thread to see how your “team” is doing in the score updates.

The scoring system works as follows:-

+ 1 point per episode appearance

+ 1 point for the character that speaks the first words in the episode.

+ 1 point for the character that speaks the last words in the episode before the break.

+ 1 point for the character that speaks the first words in the episode after the break

+ 1 point for the character that speaks the last words in the episode.

+ 1 point for any kisses on the lips. If you have both characters who kiss in your team each character will receive a point.

+ 2 bonus points for any character that appears in 5 or more episodes during the week. In the event of any episodes being transmitted on a weekend the week will run from Monday to Sunday.

+ Remember that your team Captain gets their score doubled!!!

Once you’ve done all that you can also pick a name for your team. This will be listed in the Score Updates.

Your “Starting List” for June’s Corrie Challenge is as follows:-

Remember you need to select ELEVEN characters (including a captain) – no more, no less.

The Rovers

Steve
    Liz
    Michelle

Number One

Deirdre
    Tracy
    Amy
    Rob

Number Three

Emily
    Norris

Number Five

Chesney
    Sinead
    Kirk
    Beth
    Craig

Number Seven

Dev
    Asha
    Aadi

Number Nine

Tyrone
    Fiz

Number Eleven

Eileen
    Sean
    Jason
    Todd

Number Thirteen

Sawfie
    Maddie

The Kabin Flats

Julie
    Marcus
    Rita
    Dennis

The Platts

Gail
    Nick
    David
    Kylie
    Max
    Audrey

The Armstrong-Windasses

Anna
    Owen
    Gary
    Izzy
    Katy
    Faye

The Websters

Sally
    Tim

The Salon Flat

Maria

Streetcars Flat

Lloyd
    Jenna

The Flats

Tina
    Steph
    Carla
    Peter
    Simon

Kebab Shop Flat

Eva
    Leanne

Roy’s Rolls

Roy

Others

Andrea
    Kal
    Luke
    Mary
    Sharif

The deadline for teams to be submitted is: Monday 02 June at 7:30pm

Those who have registered teams so far are:-

SMIDSYmk2
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cobbleheads!

The deadline for teams to be submitted is: Monday 02 June at 7:30pm

Those who have registered teams so far are:-

SMIDSYmk2

Is the deadline correct RK? I thought there was an episode this Sunday 1st June
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    looks good, glad about Anna and Owen still continuing..i do hope she tells him ..sad night for Tina though :(
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening dj ;-)

Hello there Cobbleheads :D