Most weight loss in short period of time?

Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Well i was just wondering if any of you have lost a signifigant amout of weight in their life time and in a short period of time?

If so,how much did you lose and how long did it take you?

..and for the record,yes i am looking to lose weight and i know all about the dangers and consequences of fast weight loss.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First week of doing Weightwatchers I lost 6 pounds. I'm 5'5 and at that point was 11 stone. Followed plans religiously, sticking to 20 points a day and writing what I ate down. Steadily lost 2/3 pounds a week after that, for a month and then I chucked it!
  • BigjakebluesBigjakeblues Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fasting is a good way of losing weight.If you diet you still feel hungry,if you fast after a few days you don't feel hungry. You do have to do it a few times over a period of time before you get used to it.I can stop eating for a few weeks if I want to.
    Of course if you go back to your old eating habits it all piles on again.
    And the exercising also helps as well. If we had good weather most of the time I'd use my bike more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fasting is a good way of losing weight.If you diet you still feel hungry,if you fast after a few days you don't feel hungry. You do have to do it a few times over a period of time before you get used to it.I can stop eating for a few weeks if I want to.
    Of course if you go back to your old eating habits it all piles on again.
    And the exercising also helps as well. If we had good weather most of the time I'd use my bike more.

Fasting is unbelivably bad for you, you lose weight yes, but not fat, when you fast your body realises this and stores your fat and starts to burn the protein in your muscles, once this is burnt theres no getting it back.

I lost 6 stone in 6 months through slimfast and lots of exercise.

Slimfast is good because you don't eat as much so you stomach will shrink quicker and after a 3-4 weeks you will notice that you can't eat half as much without feeling full.

Diets do work its just finding the right one to suit you, I would recommend you don't go for diets that involve eating lots of food to make up daily quoters, my mum does slimming world and she eats loads and while yes she loses weight at a slow but steady pace week in week out, it seems like she eats more than when she wasnt on a diet which means theres no reduction in stomach size so you never lose the hunger.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamief90 wrote:
    Fasting is unbelivably bad for you, you lose weight yes, but not fat, when you fast your body realises this and stores your fat and starts to burn the protein in your muscles, once this is burnt theres no getting it back.

I lost 6 stone in 6 months through slimfast and lots of exercise

Six stone in six months. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fasting helps rid the body of toxins.It's very good for you.You certainly do lose fat. I also have more energy when I fast.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into hospital - the food is so bad you won't want to eat it! I lost 5 pounds in about 3 days! Joking though obviously.

If you follow a sensible food eating plan and cut out anything processed and 'junk' you should have no probs in losing weight at a safe pace.

Combine it with some pretty serious exercise/workouts and you will see the weight slip off. Sorry, but there are no easy quick ways to lose weight - well, none that you could live with for the rest of your life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fasting helps rid the body of toxins.It's very good for you.You certainly do lose fat. I also have more energy when I fast.

Yes a detox fast may well be good, but fasting to lose weight is bad and very unhealthy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it isn't.

Think of the crap you put into your body everyday,processed food,lots of fats and sugar,fizzy drinks etc.

I can easliy lose a stone whilst fasting and still feel good.

I've done it for years with no ill effects.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Well i was just wondering if any of you have lost a signifigant amout of weight in their life time and in a short period of time?

If so,how much did you lose and how long did it take you?

..and for the record,yes i am looking to lose weight and i know all about the dangers and consequences of fast weight loss.

Thanks. :)
    I lost 1st in a week when I had gastric flu! ....not what you were asking????

Seriously though, I lost 1 1/2st in 10 weeks on weightwatchers (approx 2lb a week).

Hows about colonic irrigation for quick weight loss?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it isn't.

Think of the crap you put into your body everyday,processed food,lots of fats and sugar,fizzy drinks etc.

You don't put any of that crap into your body on a healthy balanced diet!
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lost six stone in six months. Started off on Atkins but didn't stick to it by the word as some of it made no sense. I think it was mainly going to the gym that helped (I was a student over that summer and didn't work until 7pm so it was easy to go to the gym before work).

I kept it off for two years but it slowly started creeping back on because I got a bit fed up.

However, I'm back dieting and exercising again now, although I'm doing a more healthier diet than Atkins because it left me with gums problems not to mention constipation when I was on the diet.
  • Joe'sgirlJoe'sgirl Posts: 10,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'climate' is changing now. They are saying that if you are only moderately overweight then don't bother losing it. They have found that people who go on diets, live shorter lives than those who don't - even tho' they are a bit on the 'meaty' side.

In other words,self-acceptance, folks. My days of being a toothpick are over. :D
  • noddylpdnoddylpd Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it isn't.

What ever you say does not hide the fact that fasting is not good for the body and you should not really be advising people to do this as it very unhealthy in any form.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe'sgirl wrote:
    The 'climate' is changing now. They are saying that if you are only moderately overweight then don't bother losing it. They have found that people who go on diets, live shorter lives than those who don't - even tho' they are a bit on the 'meaty' side.

In other words,self-acceptance, folks. My days of being a toothpick are over. :D
    My Mum was told by her doctor many years ago that you should always carry a little extra weight so that if you are ever ill you can afford to loose it!

If I was a stick insect before I had gastric flu I probably would have been hospitalised after loosing 1st (mainly water though - boo :cry: ).
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe'sgirl wrote:

Hear, bloody hear. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noddylpd wrote:
    What ever you say does not hide the fact that fasting is not good for the body and you should not really be advising people to do this as it very unhealthy in any form.

Fasting is good for the body.I've done it for years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noddylpd wrote:

Agreed.

Bigjakeblues, what is the frequency of your fasting?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I feel like fasting I fast.I might fast for a week,I might fast for longer.As long as you drink plenty of fluids you can go without food for quite a long time.

Thoughout the fast I feel more energetic and sleep less.

Unless you've tried it yourself I don't think you can be objective.

It's a lot easier than dieting.
  • Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone,just to let you know i've been through alot regarding my weight and i mean 'alot.' So i know exactly what's good for you,what's bad for you etc,etc trust me....I just wondered what other people have experienced regarding quick weight loss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless you've tried it yourself I don't think you can be objective.

I've not tried smoking but I take what I’ve heard about the health risks from medical professionals, without feeling the need to try it. I feel the same about fasting, consult a nutritionist, detention or at least your GP about what you are doing and I guarantee they will tell you to stop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should try fasting before criticising it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not criticism, i'm basing my opinion on facts i've read and heard from medical and health professionals. What you seem to be doing is Yo-Yo Anorexia
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wanted to loose weight for years. In the end i got up one day and felt that i really could do it, and nothing was going to stop me, Ididn't fast, but i did cut right down, and the things I did eat i made sure had the right sort of things in, such as bran flakes, fish, and fruit. Previously diets seemd depressing and i couldnt get into them, but i suddenly felt excited and knew I could do it, and i felt more energetic than i had doen in years. every evening i went for a long walk, and never ate afterwards, just had plenty of water. And it worked, I threw the scales away so no idea how muchI lost, other than to say i went from buying size 20 tops to buying size 14 pretty quick. Another thing that helped was being busy, as liitle time as possible to sneak into the kitchen for a snack. Depending on who you live with, it helps to not buy the worst food, whatever your weakness is, so you aren't tempted. Also, i didn't tell anyone, so I didn't get any of those annyoing comments like 'should you be eating that' or 'sorry, i shouldnt eat cream cakes in front of you'.
  • Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamief90 wrote:
    I've not tried smoking but I take what I’ve heard about the health risks from medical professionals, without feeling the need to try it. I feel the same about fasting, consult a nutritionist, detention or at least your GP about what you are doing and I guarantee they will tell you to stop.
    Your not listening.I know that it's not good for you to a certain degree,E.g,when you do it for to long....I've seen enough Doctors and other authorities to last me a life time.

I just asked a simple question,what's the most weight lost in the shortest period of time?