More ITV F1 Woes

2»

Comments

• Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-les wrote: »
    You're making me wonder if I've got it right, I'm wondering if I was watching it in time-slip mode rather than watching the recording. I've still got the recording so I'll check when I get home and report back later. :confused:

I was right the first time, under AR control my recording of the Monaco GP was extended to accommodate the program overrun. The recording ran from 11:55 to 15:51, a total of 3h 56m. Interestingly at 3h 24m into the recording the info banner (brought up by pressing the i button) started to show the name of the displaced program, Britain’s Got Talent.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was right the first time, under AR control my recording of the Monaco GP was extended to accommodate the program overrun. The recording ran from 11:55 to 15:51, a total of 3h 56m. Interestingly at 3h 24m into the recording the info banner (brought up by pressing the i button) started to show the name of the displaced program, Britain’s Got Talent.
    I've noticed that - recordings seem to have no correlation with the banners - anything that starts early has the wrong banner when you start playing it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote: »
    I've noticed that - recordings seem to have no correlation with the banners - anything that starts early has the wrong banner when you start playing it

Well I've not noticed it before but in this instance I assume the banner change coincided with when Britain's Got Talent should have started had there not been an extension to the GP.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've not noticed it before but in this instance I assume the banner change coincided with when Britain's Got Talent should have started had there not been an extension to the GP.
    That's what I was getting at - the banners always change when the programme should have started.

I wonder if the hummy is using the EPG data for the banners, but internally uses Now and Next - my Setpal changes late/early (i.e. as programmes start), but never on the Hummy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote: »
    That's what I was getting at - the banners always change when the programme should have started.

I wonder if the hummy is using the EPG data for the banners, but internally uses Now and Next - my Setpal changes late/early (i.e. as programmes start), but never on the Hummy.

I think you're right and similar ideas have been discussed in other threads.