Perception (Watch)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
Forum Member
✭✭
Caught the first episode of this last night, thought it was an interesting take on the procedural, what do others think?

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    daniel9624 wrote: »
    Caught the first episode of this last night, thought it was an interesting take on the procedural, what do others think?

Seemed ok to me

An extra piece of fun to be had from this will be trying to work out if the people that the Mad Professor is talking to are real or merely figments of his imagination
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    I did enjoy it, but didn't click that his friend was also an hallucination, until the end :D

I like it that he's a neuroscientist, and find it interesting - I hope it'll fill the gap for me, since they cancelled Lie To Me in the US, which I loved for its quirkiness. (And Tim Roth ;) )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While search is my friend, I noted the date at the top of the other thread and realised it is probably (although not stated) US Pace and decided it may be packed full of spoilers, so wind your neck in!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    While search is my friend, I noted the date at the top of the other thread and realised it is probably (although not stated) US Pace and decided it may be packed full of spoilers, so wind your neck in!

I suppose you could ask the mods to add UK Pace to the thread title
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I did enjoy it, but didn't click that his friend was also an hallucination, until the end :D

I like it that he's a neuroscientist, and find it interesting - I hope it'll fill the gap for me, since they cancelled Lie To Me in the US, which I loved for its quirkiness. (And Tim Roth ;) )
    I didn't twig ever....but for me, I didn't enjoy. I just couldn't care for the characters, and the FBI agent Kate, looked younger [15] then Dan's student {she was real}, who flashed him.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

Watching it now and I got it almost straight away, stupidly checked wiki to see if I was right only to have the end of the season spoiled :o.

Isn't brilliant, but good enough to keep watching and it's great to have Eric McCormack back on tv.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it.

The cases are going to be run of the mill and it will depend on the how strong the character of Daniel is as to whether the show is winner. At the moment he is a mixture of the Mentalist, House MD and the dad out of Fringe.

Worth a second look.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it is going to be driven by any deterioration in Daniel's Mental State, if he starts to unravel it may become much more dramatic, and set it apart from others procedurals
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    I liked it.

The cases are going to be run of the mill and it will depend on the how strong the character of Daniel is as to whether the show is winner. At the moment he is a mixture of the Mentalist, House MD and the dad out of Fringe.

Worth a second look.

Maybe with a touch of Monk as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it, I'd guessed his friend was 'fake' I'm presuming we find out who she was in his past later on in the season.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally got round to watching this...

They were showing the season finale in US a couple of weeks ago when we were on holiday there so it was getting a lot of promotion, and I hoped it was going to be shown here.

First impressions-
    I like it, although I feel the female lead is way too young.
    I hooted when Daniel said he had told kate "a long time ago" about his mental health issues... what? when she was in her pram?

But it's good, quirky and hey...Eric McCormack. What's not to like?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't see the first episode so can only comment on the second..

And my comment is 'oh dear - how the heck did this get money to be made?'

The idea isn't too bad if a bit Mentalist/Psych. Neither of which I watch regularly to be honest. But I don't hate them.

And the actors acted their collective butts off - have no argument with a single member of the cast.

But the story was so unoriginal and predictable and the script so clichéd I don't think I can even give this a second chance.

Dreadful.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw my first episode recently, I really like it. :)
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't see the first episode so can only comment on the second..

And my comment is 'oh dear - how the heck did this get money to be made?'

The idea isn't too bad if a bit Mentalist/Psych. Neither of which I watch regularly to be honest. But I don't hate them.

And the actors acted their collective butts off - have no argument with a single member of the cast.

But the story was so unoriginal and predictable and the script so clichéd I don't think I can even give this a second chance.

Dreadful.

I honestly think there are very few, if any, new ways to write a police procedural. Everything has been done before. It all rests on the characterisation of the lead. Eric is doing a job making his character interesting.

Forget the plot and decide on if you still like the main characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My nephew wants to be a neuro scientist and likes crime programmes....so I have told him to series link this. :D
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am really enjoying it...i realised his friend was an hallucination as well lol. I like the fact we dont know who is real or not...its good anyway, glad it has a 2nd series.
    Forum Member
    Just watched the penultimate episode and thought it was fantastic. I really felt for Daniel at the end! Seasn finale next week, has it been renewed?
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    Just watched the penultimate episode and thought it was fantastic. I really felt for Daniel at the end! Seasn finale next week, has it been renewed?

According to wiki, yes it has been renewed.

I love this show, I'm really enjoying "Will" in this role.
    Forum Member
    Simone17 wrote: »
    According to wiki, yes it has been renewed.

I love this show, I'm really enjoying "Will" in this role.

Me too, thought he acted it brilliantly. Which surprised me as I thought he'd always be will!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this programme, loved the bit when his 'young' self came back to talk to him. :)
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I love this programme, loved the bit when his 'young' self came back to talk to him. :)

Yeah that was one of they visions I didn't work out straight away! Was nice to see the 'old' Daniel. I presume the loss of the blonde (in real life not vision life) was what triggered everything In the first place.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    I am really enjoying it...i realised his friend was an hallucination as well lol. I like the fact we dont know who is real or not...its good anyway, glad it has a 2nd series.

The only 2 I was certain weren't real were Joan of Arc and JFK :D:D

I really enjoy it. Light and engaging
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this show, and have heard a great twist in the finale episode, which i won't spoil!
    It has already been renewed for another season, which is great news, as it will be great to see how it develops, especially if he goes on meds while in Hospital
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this programme. :)