EE: The Alfie Moon/Shane Ritchie Appreciation Thread

Comments

• RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Loving the Alfie/Shane love in this thread!

Where are all these people now I wonder?
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well yes, but it's not my thread it's one I bumped and the original OP must have created it in here.

I was going to make my own but I didn't want to do that if there already is one, maybe the mods can move it to the appreciation sub forum?

Sorry!

I'm sure you could alert them to ask them to move it. And no need to apologise, I'm not trying to be pedantic. I just know that certain people will argue that they can criticise Alfie in here if they want to, as it's in the main forum, and I know you want to enjoy appreciating him without those kinds of posts trickling in.
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I'm sure you could alert them to ask them to move it. And no need to apologise, I'm not trying to be pedantic. I just know that certain people will argue that they can criticise Alfie in here if they want to, as it's in the main forum, and I know you want to enjoy appreciating him without those kinds of posts trickling in.

No I didn't think you were being pedantic. I agree it's in the wrong place, I think the original OP must have put it here instead of the app forum but I searched found and bumped it because I didn't want to make extra work for the mods by creating a duplicate. I know what you mean though if it's left in here it will get trashed!
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My views on Alfie now don't belong in this thread, so I'd just like to add that during his first stint he was one of my favourite characters and the exit with Kat was excellent :)
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it's okay to bump this thread, I didn't want to start another if there already is one!

I love Shane/Alfie and wanted to share a discussion with other people who feel the same way!
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Surely this should be in the Appreciation Thread sub-forum?
    Well yes, but it's not my thread it's one I bumped and the original OP must have created it in here.

I was going to make my own but I didn't want to do that if there already is one, maybe the mods can move it to the appreciation sub forum?

Sorry!
    No I didn't think you were being pedantic. I agree it's in the wrong place, I think the original OP must have put it here instead of the app forum but I searched found and bumped it because I didn't want to make extra work for the mods by creating a duplicate. I know what you mean though if it's left in here it will get trashed!

I completely forgot about this thread.

Yeah you're right. It should be in the Appreciation section - I'll ask the mods to move it though if it does get deleted feel free to make a new one in the Appreciation section.

I think I made it before I knew about the Appreciation section hence the mistake.

It's fine to bump the thread.

Wait - how do you contact the Mods?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for moving this to the Appreciation Section. :)
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the Alfie/Shane love in this thread!

Where are all these people now I wonder?

I'm glad you found this thread :)
    Forum Member
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    I'm glad you found this thread :)

So am I but it needs more than me to keep it going!
    Forum Member
    I completely forgot about this thread.

Yeah you're right. It should be in the Appreciation section - I'll ask the mods to move it though if it does get deleted feel free to make a new one in the Appreciation section.

I think I made it before I knew about the Appreciation section hence the mistake.

It's fine to bump the thread.

Wait - how do you contact the Mods?

I'm glad I reminded you the thread is still here, no one's posted in it for over two years, it makes me wonder where all Alfie's fans went!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only thing is Alfie isn't doing much at the moment.
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else think that the Phil/Alfie pairing in Tuesday's ep was a bit weird considering they don't usually see eye to eye?
    Forum Member
    He's back! He's in the show tonight!

Welcome back lovely Alfie!

:-):-):-)
    Forum Member
    Beautiful shirt Alfie was wearing tonight and he's been having his grey hair touched up!
    Forum Member
    Alfie has been doing my head in for a couple of eps but he made my day yesterday when I saw those photos in the soap mags of him and Terry in drag, lol, I nearly wet myself!

Can't wait to see this ep next week, lol!

Kat is back next week as well!
    Forum Member
    Shane's apparently fronting a new BBC game show called Decimate (thread is in main forum), what did people think of the last one he fronted, Reflex?

I personally liked it, it was great light hearted fun for a Saturday tea time and Shane was funny on it and a good presenter and I enjoyed joining in with the last round.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Retro

Only just found this thread.

I liked the last show, but this one sounds better I think. It can't run for too long if it's filming in August and airing in the Autumn - I think Reflex was filmed at least a year or something before it aired.

Looking forward to seeing Alfie again next week. Shame Kat's only in the one episode for now but it seems as though he is heavily involved in Terry's exit storyline.
    Forum Member
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Hey Retro

Only just found this thread.

I liked the last show, but this one sounds better I think. It can't run for too long if it's filming in August and airing in the Autumn - I think Reflex was filmed at least a year or something before it aired.

Looking forward to seeing Alfie again next week. Shame Kat's only in the one episode for now but it seems as though he is heavily involved in Terry's exit storyline.

Hi Kim, welcome to the thread! It's a thread from 2010 but I resurrected it a couple of weeks ago after someone suggested I start a Shane/Alfie app thread, I found this one after doing a little search.

I loved Reflex too, it was light hearted and Shane was a laugh a minute, I hope there's another series. As for this new gameshow i'll certainly be checking that out!

So Kat's in only one ep next week? Aw! Never mind at least we get to see her, i've missed her!

I read somewhere about Alfie finding out Terry's secret I hope it's nothing bad and they part on bad terms because they really made a great comedy double act! Can't wait for the drag queen scenes next week!
    Forum Member
    Just bought a copy of Shane's autobiography, Rags To Richie for £2.50 from my local Heart Foundation shop, been looking for a copy for ages (and it's out of print) and there it was in the shop window!

It's the hardback version too, it's worth eighteen quid, I call that a mega bargain!:-):-):-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Kim, welcome to the thread! It's a thread from 2010 but I resurrected it a couple of weeks ago after someone suggested I start a Shane/Alfie app thread, I found this one after doing a little search.

I loved Reflex too, it was light hearted and Shane was a laugh a minute, I hope there's another series. As for this new gameshow i'll certainly be checking that out!

So Kat's in only one ep next week? Aw! Never mind at least we get to see her, i've missed her!

I read somewhere about Alfie finding out Terry's secret I hope it's nothing bad and they part on bad terms because they really made a great comedy double act! Can't wait for the drag queen scenes next week!
    Kat is in two episodes next week when it seems they find out Terry's secret - and they have the duff duff in one of them.

Alfie is turning into a right little detective - he susses Aleks out too and tells Roxy. I'm glad he tells her, presumably still feeling bad for using her as a rebound and so he should.

Alfie shouldn't have been driving around with Terry's cab but I did love the bit when he assumed that Terry hadn't slept because of a woman.

Ronnie starts talking to her stomach in the back of the cab and Alfie hasn't sussed that she's pregnant. Ok. I did wonder whether he might have taken her to someplace else instead so she's not around when Kat gives birth, but I don't think he has it in him.
    Forum Member
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Kat is in two episodes next week when it seems they find out Terry's secret - and they have the duff duff in one of them.

Alfie is turning into a right little detective - he susses Aleks out too and tells Roxy. I'm glad he tells her, presumably still feeling bad for using her as a rebound and so he should.

Alfie shouldn't have been driving around with Terry's cab but I did love the bit when he assumed that Terry hadn't slept because of a woman.

Ronnie starts talking to her stomach in the back of the cab and Alfie hasn't sussed that she's pregnant. Ok. I did wonder whether he might have taken her to someplace else instead so she's not around when Kat gives birth, but I don't think he has it in him.

Alfie's been brilliant this week hasn't he?

He should have phoned an ambulance to get Kat to hospital after her scare and should not have been driving a cab without a licenced but apart from that i've loved him to death this week.

He has indeed become a right little Sherlock, he had Aleks crapping himself when he burst into his office and i'm looking forward to Terry's secret coming out, I really love Alfie and Terry's friendship they are a great comedy double act and i'm really going to miss Terry!

And yes it was funny when Alfie assumed Terry had been at it with a woman and didn't they both make fantastic women? :-D:-D:-D

I thought it was Bianca and Roxy at first, lmfao!

And no, Alfie wouldn't have it in him to do away with Ronnie and no I don't think he guessed that she's pregnant!
    Forum Member
    What is happening to Alfie? What on earth are the script writers doing to him?

He's still our loveable cheeky chappy but why all the silly story lines?

I know he wants to make money but he's making a lot of mistakes and risking getting his collar felt.

He made me laugh last week when he dressed up, bless him.

And he isn't doing himself any favours by crossing Aleks and just WHY is he bothered about Roxy?
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do Alfie fans make of the speculation around the Slater/Moon family & their big story coming up in Sept?

(Not revealing spoilers but its all widely publicised on other threads)
    Forum Member
    I love Shane/Alfie and am bumping this thread because I want to take refuge here, i'm sick of people in the main forum being unkind about him and treating the fans like lepers, someone even said I should be quarantined and Alfie fans were worse than the Ebola virus, I know they see their behaviour as hilarious and when people get upset they pass it off as a joke but it's just not funny in my opinion and I have had enough!
    Forum Member
    DTC has ruined Alfie, he's now considered racist and xenophobic and has made things a whole lot worse and now it's official that he does start the fire that burns Kat, thanks DTC for totally ruining one of my fave characters!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed :( It's all going to be so contrived. Alfie would do anything for Kat and those kids and the real Alfie would know categorically where they were, especially if he was planning something like this.

That scene in the car was perfect, as was Alfie not wanting Kat to have to go back to work because she's already missed out with Tommy and Zoe. Really rubs salt into the wound that we've had the most in-character Kat and Alfie scenes since their return under DTC, only for him to go and do this.

He really is a mini Santer. Yes it will shock, but it doesn't ring true. He's also ripping off his own storyline that is still running. Phil/Sharon anyone? Except that one actually seemed like something Phil would do. Kat's no stranger to a scam and the real Alfie would have consulted her. They'd have done something like this together or not at all.