Options

Tess/Fletch (Casualty) appreciation thread.

Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I personally think this has been the best storyline Casualty has had for months, probably since Nick Jordan left and even before. It is (?was) an incredibly slow burner but I've loved watching them together. I hope we get something more with these 2. I'm personally hoping anyway. You may love it or absolutely hate it but since there's been a lengthy discussion about them on the Casualty thread itself, I thought I'd start this. Perhaps a bit too late but oh well. :) I got into it quite late on.

A highlight for me has to be the Christmas red button episode, didn't take any notice when it aired but seen it about 3 times now.

What you like/what you don't/highlights etc.

Discuss. :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found it! I think the Xmas red button special
    Highlighted the fact that this surprised them
    Both.
    I liked the episode isolated incident.. Their flirtatious banter was back and fletch half confided in tess about his home life..
    It took them almost 4 months to finally get together.. Hope it's not another four for tess to realise that she does love him!!:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I meant about it being a slow burner. Tess called him something like a 'knight in shining armour' (can't remember exactly what) in the red button episode and she was certainly correct. I think he'd go to the end of the earth to try and help which I think may prove to be his downfall, hence the potential fraud bit in the autumn preview.

Another favourite scene of mine is where he'd got the CD of salsa music, set it up and 'dragged' her into the office to dance. I could watch that scene over and over.

I think she does love him deep down but she is scared to tell him. He laid his heart on the line by telling her how he felt.

You've probably realised I have a bit of a 'thing' for Fletch, which wasn't evident when he first started. I could watch and he'd be in the background. I look for him in scenes now though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes as I said before I don't think tess was
    Expecting the ily...it's nice that we get to see a different side to tess.. She obviously loves him.. And is affected by being around him etc...He's always been there for her..it made me laugh that she said the only reason it couldn't work was because he was married .. Not the fact she's his boss!! They are perfect together and I really hope it's not the end of them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very surprised that at nowhere along the way the consequences of their working relationship seems to have reared it's head, for her more than him being his manager.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very surprised that at nowhere along the way the consequences of their working relationship seems to have reared it's head, for her more than him being his manager.

It may still do... This fraud thing maybe ???..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested in this whole fraud thing. He seems to be getting his hand well and truly slapped, but then she redeems herself by saying 'we don't want to lose you'.

It maybe be a situation where he thinks he is doing something right but goes about it the wrong way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't they sort it out?? It's annoying me now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The atmosphere in resus tonight could be cut with a knife. If she's going to be awkward around him the truth should come out. Very surprised Zoe didn't notice their glances, it was SO obvious. He has no idea. She jumped down his throat tonight when they had their spat about who was calling the surgeons. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The atmosphere in resus tonight could be cut with a knife. If she's going to be awkward around him the truth should come out. Very surprised Zoe didn't notice their glances, it was SO obvious. He has no idea. She jumped down his throat tonight when they had their spat about who was calling the surgeons. :D

It's was quite amusing. Zoe knows a bit, fletch knows a bit .. Neither knows the whole picture.. Tess knows everything.. What a mess.. Why can't they sort it out.. It's clear they are crazy about each other ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's was quite amusing. Zoe knows a bit, fletch knows a bit .. Neither knows the whole picture.. Tess knows everything.. What a mess.. Why can't they sort it out.. It's clear they are crazy about each other ...

Agreed, they need to put all their pieces together and all would become clear. I really hope they don't leave it like a mess that it currently is. I can see Fletch getting suspicious something bigger has gone on, he was a bit tonight I thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, they need to put all their pieces together and all would become clear. I really hope they don't leave it like a mess that it currently is. I can see Fletch getting suspicious something bigger has gone on, he was a bit tonight I thought.

Having watched it back I think
    Zoe may have cottoned on.. Think
    Fletch is wondering a bit.. Do you think
    Well see them together again? Hope so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched it back I think
    Zoe may have cottoned on.. Think
    Fletch is wondering a bit.. Do you think
    Well see them together again? Hope so

I've watched it again too, and she definitely noticed some atmosphere between them. I shouted at the TV almost.

I'm confident and hope that we will see them together again, I'm pleased that we got the tension tonight in a way because he may get more and more suspicious as the weeks go on. It's not like they've left it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched it again too, and she definitely noticed some atmosphere between them. I shouted at the TV almost.

I'm confident and hope that we will see them together again, I'm pleased that we got the tension tonight in a way because he may get more and more suspicious as the weeks go on. It's not like they've left it.

They weren't in it much tonight but am glad it's not totally. Forgotten about. It makes me hopeful that they'll be back together.. They obviously have issues being around each other, tess more so. I felt like shouting at the TV, you love her she loves you, get on with it!!!

If tess isn't careful, the tension will give them away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They weren't in it much tonight but am glad it's not totally. Forgotten about. It makes me hopeful that they'll be back together.. They obviously have issues being around each other, tess more so. I felt like shouting at the TV, you love her she loves you, get on with it!!!

If tess isn't careful, the tension will give them away

She was already half giving the game away last night by snapping the way she did.

Just remembered, Fletch's face when Charlie asked him to handle resus with Tess. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was already half giving the game away last night by snapping the way she did.

Just remembered, Fletch's face when Charlie asked him to handle resus with Tess. :D

He was obviously trying to avoid her as he was watching her as she walked into resus. His face was a picture when Charlie grabbed him for resus. Even Charlie asked if he had a problem with it! Looks as though Charlie and Zoe are going to put two and two together soon. Especially Zoe.
    Their glances soo gave them away.. And fletch was clearly concerned when Zoe said she was stressed, it was just the way he watched her for ages when she walked away.
    Those two need their heads knocking together . As I said before I was shouting at the tv at them!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also I don't know why she's snapping at Fletch.. It was her decision to end it.. He hasn't been unreasonable.. Just told her he loved her. Sort yourself out woman !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also I don't know why she's snapping at Fletch.. It was her decision to end it.. He hasn't been unreasonable.. Just told her he loved her. Sort yourself out woman !!!

She's been annoying me for the last few weeks, abortion not withstanding, even before he went on holiday.

Fletch wasn't himself last night, he was quite downbeat and lacked his normal 'Fletch-ness' for want of a better word. Haha. I don't want him to be like that, like you say she ended it and she's acting like it's all his fault. Fair enough act like a manager but it was bordering on bickering last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been annoying me for the last few weeks, abortion not withstanding, even before he went on holiday.

Fletch wasn't himself last night, he was quite downbeat and lacked his normal 'Fletch-ness' for want of a better word. Haha. I don't want him to be like that, like you say she ended it and she's acting like it's all his fault. Fair enough act like a manager but it was bordering on bickering last night.

No he definitely wasn't himself. He seemed sad.not quite sure whether tess is sad/ upset that its over.. One minute she's ok with him then she's blanking him! That wasn't managing, she completely acted as though he wasn't there. I'm not sure that they'll ever have that boss/ employee thing again.. Can't work tess out at the moment . He's only ever been honest about how he feels.. She never has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he definitely wasn't himself. He seemed sad.not quite sure whether tess is sad/ upset that its over.. One minute she's ok with him then she's blanking him! That wasn't managing, she completely acted as though he wasn't there. I'm not sure that they'll ever have that boss/ employee thing again.. Can't work tess out at the moment . He's only ever been honest about how he feels.. She never has.

I loved the banter they had. I'm so eager to see this scene in the corridor where he asks about her appointment. I keep watching the autumn preview clip. It's not on this week and Fletch apparently isn't in it on the 14th so think we may be waiting a while for scenes whether awkward again or otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the banter they had. I'm so eager to see this scene in the corridor where he asks about her appointment. I keep watching the autumn preview clip. It's not on this week and Fletch apparently isn't in it on the 14th so think we may be waiting a while for scenes whether awkward again or otherwise.

Yes I have watched the autumn preview clips.. Seems they have a lot of 'chats' . Am interested to know how he finds out about the appointment . Maybe tess and fletch aren't forgotten about after all . Can't believe have to wait possibly three weeks for it!! They are driving me mad.. Hate not knowing what's going on with those two. Really hope they get back together
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as though it's going to be a few weeks, I'm debating whether to watch a previous episode of Tess and Fletch in happier times.

I do love the one where Fletch shadowed the paramedics, their cheeky texting and her concern for him when he came back. When she called him Adrian in front of Jeff and Zoe. He was trying not to grin like a school child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as though it's going to be a few weeks, I'm debating whether to watch a previous episode of Tess and Fletch in happier times.

I do love the one where Fletch shadowed the paramedics, their cheeky texting and her concern for him when he came back. When she called him Adrian in front of Jeff and Zoe. He was trying not to grin like a school child.

Yeah that was sweet. Have been watching older ones on you tube. It looks like they do have a lot of screen time together in the previews!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also watched waiting for a star to fall again.. Zoe definitely curious as to why fletch is asking about her!! She was a bit taken aback
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also watched waiting for a star to fall again.. Zoe definitely curious as to why fletch is asking about her!! She was a bit taken aback

I wish she had said something at least then it would have made it a bit more interesting. She was probably thinking, "Why is he taking such an interest?". Come on, figure it out woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was definitely looking at him at the end as if to say, why the interest. She was definitely having a think . I think it was more than
    She thought shed given too much away