Options

If Little Mix were to break up, what kind of solo careers do you see them having?

StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I always used to think Perrie would be the only one who sttod a chance of making it on her own, but Jade has ben coming on and seems confident and very strong vocally recently - a proper little popstar. She's very pretty too, really grown into herself - although that's true of all of them.

Comments

• Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I can see them being together as a musical act for their whole lives, but eventually I can see Jesy having a talk show, would love that, she's very entertaining. Leigh Anne maybe in fashion. I don't know. I think they'll keep releasing albums for a long time, even if they take big breaks in between.
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesy and Leigh-Anne would totally 100 percent flop, no chance of solo success ever.

I'm not sure Jade would fare too well, depends on the song. I could see Perrie being successful, shes the only one I would say could have a solo career, but Jade has potential
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix are simply better together.
  • Options
    si29uksi29uk Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Short ones
  • Options
    xhannahlongxxhannahlongx Posts: 5,620
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »

This^^

I can't see them ever disbanding for good but if they had a break;

Perrie: Solo music career
    Jade: Judging (similar to Cheryl with the odd solo release)
    Leigh: Fashion designing
    Jesy: Chat show panellist or maybe completely out of the public eye?
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member

Agree 100% on this.

If the girls were to split up, Perrie is the only one who would most likely succeed in having a #1 solo single. The only way any of the girls could sustain a career as a solo artist would be if they followed in Cheryl's footsteps and became a judge on X Factor. Otherwise I doubt any of them would sustain a successful solo career.

Whose to say any of the girls couldn't make the transition from pop star to full time songwriter for other new artists, or move into fashion/TV presenting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not totally into their fandom so what is the breakdown for their solo fanbase? That is, how do they rank in terms of who's the most popular one? Jesy seems to be very popular online.

Like in 5th Harmony Camilla seems to've been Marmite (loved or hated), or how in Girls Aloud or the Spice Girls, everyone had their favourite member. Do Little Mix fans have something similar?
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perrie- Frontwoman for a rock band. Property renovation, which she already said she wanted to do in their new book.
    Jesy- talk show host on either radio or tv. She's a natural and her speaking voice is very good for either.
    Leigh Anne - will have her own fashion line but will also be a successful feature artist
    Jade - will try a solo music career, and a stint in theater. She will become a MP at some point.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

100% this.
  • Options
    ShowbizLoverShowbizLover Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perrie- Frontwoman for a rock band. Property renovation, which she already said she wanted to do in their new book.
    Jesy- talk show host on either radio or tv. She's a natural and her speaking voice is very good for either.
    Leigh Anne - will have her own fashion line but will also be a successful feature artist
    Jade - will try a solo music career, and a stint in theater. She will become a MP at some point.

I can see Jesy being an actress! I think she'll be great.

They are better together but I think at some point they will do their own thing whilst still being together.

I think Jade would be a great judge, song writer or even be amazing in the west end or broadway as this what she did before LM.

Perrie is definitely going down the Cheryl route, being in high profile relationships and the media will constantly talk about her so I think she'll probably have the best solo career . The difference is, Perrie has an INCREDIBLE voice. No shade.

As for LA, I can see her having a very high end clothing line and making a name for herself in fashion because she always looks great. I must say, her voice for me was the strongest on Glory Days and Get Weird so I wouldn't write her off as a flop solo artist.
  • Options
    xhannahlongxxhannahlongx Posts: 5,620
    Forum Member
    I'm not totally into their fandom so what is the breakdown for their solo fanbase? That is, how do they rank in terms of who's the most popular one? Jesy seems to be very popular online.

Like in 5th Harmony Camilla seems to've been Marmite (loved or hated), or how in Girls Aloud or the Spice Girls, everyone had their favourite member. Do Little Mix fans have something similar?

The great thing about Little Mix is that there's no lead singer and they genuinely are best friends so the fanbase catches onto that too and loves them as a group. Leigh and Jade seem to be the most liked by non-fans judging on Twitter and Perrie and Jesy are the most talked about by the public. There doesn't seem to be a divide in the fanbase for the most popular, they're near enough probably quite equal with Perrie maybe edging it slightly.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me, Jade seems like the breakout star although, as others have said, they all have solo potential, much more than the members of any other girl group. I just think Jade has 'it' and could easily 'do a Cheryl'. Perrie could also go down this route, thanks to her powerful voice (although that is hardly a prerequisite to be a 'singer' these days, is it?).

I personally don't see Jesy or LA having massive solo music careers. I think they would be better 'media personalities' (talk shows, radio, fashion, reality shows, soaps etc).

Hopefully this never happens, though, and they stay together for many more years as the are an awesome foursome :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The great thing about Little Mix is that there's no lead singer and they genuinely are best friends so the fanbase catches onto that too and loves them as a group. Leigh and Jade seem to be the most liked by non-fans judging on Twitter and Perrie and Jesy are the most talked about by the public. There doesn't seem to be a divide in the fanbase for the most popular, they're near enough probably quite equal with Perrie maybe edging it slightly.

That's exactly it.
    Hopefully this never happens, though, and they stay together for many more years as the are an awesome foursome :D

Little Mix have progressed so much as it is. I want to see where this goes over the next few years as they change and their music changes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really excited about their success too. They really are having a Girls Aloud run with reinventions and all. I can't wait to see what their music evolves into on future albums, there are so many more genres they've only dabbled in so far. They've really come into themselves these last two years as a group with presence and a sound.
  • Options
    MayaJMayaJ Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people underestimate Leigh Anne.

She has the MOST radio friendly voice out of all the girls (didn't say powerful) and she is a good song writer. She's said her and Jade write lyrics whilst Perrie and Jesy come up with melodies. I remember also watching a reaction video of their recent performance. The guy who was reacting to the video happens to work in the music industry as a producer/sound guy. As soon as he heard LA's voice, he said she has a great voice for the studio and is what every producer wants. This is why she gets so many lines and just shines.

So yeah she can have a good future career in fashion but she can have the music and the fashion just like her idol Rihanna.
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl is not the strongest singer in Girls Aloud and Zayn was not the strongest in 1D.

So I guess Perrie being the strongest singer doesn't mean that she will have the most sucess?
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix have progressed so much as it is. I want to see where this goes over the next few years as they change and their music changes.

I love how diverse they are genre-wise. They've proved thus far that they can take on bubblegum pop, R&B, Motown/soul and now even a more dance/house sound on GD. I really want them to try a pop-rock sound, a la Kelly Clarkson, at some point.
    MayaJ wrote: »

She has the MOST radio friendly voice out of all the girls (didn't say powerful) and she is a good song writer. She's said her and Jade write lyrics whilst Perrie and Jesy come up with melodies. I remember also watching a reaction video of their recent performance. The guy who was reacting to the video happens to work in the music industry as a producer/sound guy. As soon as he heard LA's voice, he said she has a great voice for the studio and is what every producer wants. This is why she gets so many lines and just shines.

So yeah she can have a good future career in fashion but she can have the music and the fashion just like her idol Rihanna.

The thing about LA is that no-one thinks of her as a bad singer, but I think it is because the other girls have more distinctive voices than her, so they naturally stand out. However, I wonder if those music industry guys were picking up on the fact that her voice is actually more adaptable than the others girls'? She may not have Perrie's power or Jade's range, but they don't have her versatility.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MayaJ wrote: »

I love Leigh Anne...she would make a great Bond girl. But she can stay with LM to do that. In fact LM can do the theme song!
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I guess Perrie being the strongest singer doesn't mean that she will have the most sucess?

I dont know about "success" but I dont think Perrie has ever exhibited that aggressive, pushy diva personality that is needed to be a solo artist.
  • Options
    MayaJMayaJ Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The thing about LA is that no-one thinks of her as a bad singer, but I think it is because the other girls have more distinctive voices than her, so they naturally stand out. However, I wonder if those music industry guys were picking up on the fact that her voice is actually more adaptable than the others girls'? She may not have Perrie's power or Jade's range, but they don't have her versatility.

I think that's a great way of putting it....adaptable. Actually I don't think there's that much of a difference between Jade and LA's range. Confidence is very key when singing and it appears Jade from the start is a lot more confident with her voice than LA. However this new era is proving LA is more confident than ever.

I also agree about LA's versatility. Looking at the last 2 albums especially, she raps in ADIDAS, belts her heart out in SLS and LMOM and her tone shines in Black Magic. Similar with GD, she raps in Power, her tone sounds beautiful on Your Love where she also shows good range as well as Touch Acoustic. You can tell she's all for the ballads and she's always listed the ballads on their albums as her favs. If they were all to ever go solo, I see her doing a song like Hate That I Love You with a male feature and also Take A Bow.