Options

Striclty Come Dancing in HD, well some of it anyway.

SpaceCandySpaceCandy Posts: 1,038
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Looked great as it always does however, did anyone else notice that the dancing studio(celebs in training) segments are always what appears to be upscaled shots ?

Could just be me, but I find it really annoying.

Comments

• Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that has always been the case with those segments, for the past 2 years at least, not good really.
  • Options
    MasteriserMasteriser Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    I think that has always been the case with those segments, for the past 2 years at least, not good really.
    It has been that way ever since SCD went HD in 2006.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    mbruce01 wrote: »
    studio(celebs in training) segments are always what appears to be upscaled shots ?

I misread that the first time and thought it said upskirt shots, lets be honest its the only reason blokes watch it. :D
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that such shots - training, hand held interviews etc - were SD - was the main reason that the results show was not at first in HD. As it included a lot of such material rather than live studio action. It took the percentage of SD v HD content over the limit.

They have shown the results show in HD in the past year ior two. But not sure if they relaxed the rules or upped the pure HD content.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have shown the results show in HD in the past year ior two. But not sure if they relaxed the rules or upped the pure HD content.

I think common sense prevailed. Same with the Dorothy programme, the results show definitely more than 25% with all the dog stuff being in SD!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else notice that the on screen graphics (point scoring etc.) were also upscaled? They have always looked crisper and clearer (HD) in previous series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't understand the logic of still having SD segments when the main show is broadcast in HD. Would it hurt to have a HD camera filming the extras?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanMan01 wrote: »
    I just don't understand the logic of still having SD segments when the main show is broadcast in HD. Would it hurt to have a HD camera filming the extras?

It would not hurt at all. It is more a budget constraint, that and the availability of an HD edit suite to assemble the insert pieces.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Masteriser wrote: »
    It would not hurt at all. It is more a budget constraint, that and the availability of an HD edit suite to assemble the insert pieces.

I'm sure the BBC can cut someone's wages slightly for a few £10k HD cameras and an £8k Mac Pro..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't confuse domestic kit with professional kit. Yes the cost of the latter has come down hugely of late, but they do not edit on Mac Pro. I am not sure if the Canon Digital SLR's (as used on House) are considered good enough for HD by the Beeb, they certainly would not allow the use of Sony's HDV format.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Masteriser wrote: »
    Don't confuse domestic kit with professional kit. Yes the cost of the latter has come down hugely of late, but they do not edit on Mac Pro. I am not sure if the Canon Digital SLR's (as used on House) are considered good enough for HD by the Beeb, they certainly would not allow the use of Sony's HDV format.

Well if cost is the issue they have in the past....

http://www.apple.com/uk/pro/profiles/fullonfood/