Options

Denzel Washington fans, come on in....

TironTiron Posts: 8,080
Forum Member
I love this guy! One of my favorites actors ever. He is very easy on the eyes as well! ;)

Really nice interview in the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1326241/Denzel-Washington-I-wouldn-t-survived-direction-I-going.html

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    Denzel is awesome

Training Day
    Remember The Titans
    Man On Fire
    Malcolm X
    Philadelphia
    Fallen
    Crimson Tide

my favorite Denzel films ^
  • Options
    heart break kidheart break kid Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Denzel is a class act. A great film of his that is not that well known is 'Devil in a Blue Dress', based on the book by Walter Mosley.
  • Options
    Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my favourite films with him in is Ricochet and American Gangster
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denzel is a class act. A great film of his that is not that well known is 'Devil in a Blue Dress', based on the book by Walter Mosley.

Great film, by Carl Franklin. Also stars Don Cheadle & the lovely Jennifer Beals.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denzel is so cool..truely a great actor..even when the film is pants
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denzil is one of my favourite actors, love the guy. My top 3 would probably be
    Glory
    Training Day
    American Gangster
  • Options
    heart break kidheart break kid Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Great film, by Carl Franklin. Also stars Don Cheadle & the lovely Jennifer Beals.

Yeah, it's superb. Can't believe it only has a 6.5 on imdb! Cheadle is perfect as Mouse and I'm surprised that they didn't film a few more of the books (which are all pretty good) with the same cast and director.

I will watch anything that Denzel is in, but I honestly feel he is above some of the material that Tony Scott has put him in lately. Man on Fire was great and I enjoyed Deja Vu, but I found Pelham 123 a bit flat and predictable.

Top 3 Denzel films would be ... American Gangster, Training Day and Devil in a Blue Dress.
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Great to see the appreciation for Denzel. He truly is a class act.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he makes a lot of good films

in addition to the others mentioned ...

Pelican Brief
    Deja Vu
    The one about the train hi-jack that slips my mind for a moment ....(as yes Pelham 123)
    Devil in a blue dress
    Out of Time
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Him and Will Smith are my fav actos.

I don't think Will Smith is all that of an actor but he seems a really cool guy.
  • Options
    BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see him live on stage. Apparently, he's an amazing theatre actor and gave a brilliant Tony award winning performance this past spring on Broadway in something called Fences.

Maybe Kevin Spacey can pull some of his Hollywood connections and get Denzel to do a stint in the West End or the Old Vic for a few months (sorry, I can't fly to New York to watch anyone in a play). Othello, maybe? Or something by David Mamet. I think it'd be massive and the hottest ticket in London. And he's one of the few properly big movie stars who does theatre well.