Why didn't you just go to Waitrose?
  • Sigh_no_moreSigh_no_more Posts: 101
    Forum Member

Because I shop in Tesco.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were they laughing because Tesco has made another billion pounds. I sometimes think customers are more rude than the staff. I'am glad I don't work in a shop, or I would have told some people what I thought of them by now. Shop workers are not robots.
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they have sedan chair parking by the parent and child bays there?
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Swarfega wrote: »
    It's freakin' Tesco for crying out loud. Sod where it is in the world. They employ the same sort of people and pay similar wages all over the country. Why the hell you'd expect it to turn into Fortums simply due to its location is beyond me.
    I'd hate to work in Canary Wharf, being paid an inch above minimum wage having to serve over paid *ankers who seem to think they deserve simpering service due to their level of income.

What I want to know is why these "professionals" were shopping at Tesco in the first place, shouldn't they be lording it around Waitrose? :D
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    It takes two to tango. You're the one threatening to write a letter, some poor soul could lose their job because you've been put out.

Try reading Dickens' A Christmas Carol. Did you plan to give them a big tip?

No one will lose their job. Drama much. However, maybe benefit will be had if they do get a word in their ear about how to act when at work.
    Forum Member

Duh .. you got in first. :(

:D
    Forum Member
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    What I want to know is why these "professionals" were shopping at Tesco in the first place, shouldn't they be lording it around Waitrose? :D

Stereotyping much!

Do you think all the poors shop in Aldi?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    No, city professionals who needed to use the shop.

Woah there. I'm a professional - how does that make me any more deserving to shop somewhere if they've just had an unexpected shutdown? No more so than a mum with two tired children or an old lady who has nothing left in her house after being snowed in for 3 days.

You might be stressed, tired and even eager to get home. But you have an option to shop somewhere or not. You take your chances, you make your choices.
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Were they laughing because Tesco has made another billion pounds. I sometimes think customers are more rude than the staff. I'am glad I don't work in a shop, or I would have told some people what I thought of them by now. Shop workers are not robots.

Excuse me, I was not rude. I simply noted the situation and went about my business. Having thought of the situation once at home I have decided to make a complaint.
    Forum Member
    Stereotyping much!

Do you think all the poors shop in Aldi?

Funny you should say that as I've noticed that Aldi seem to build their shops in the poorer areas. :p
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    No one will lose their job. Drama much. However, maybe benefit will be had if they do get a word in their ear about how to act when at work.

Maybe they'll just laugh. Go read the "Retail Workers - What do customers do that annoys you?" thread. They'll eat you alive with your attitude.
    Forum Member
    DoinkBot wrote: »
    Woah there. I'm a professional - how does that make me any more deserving to shop somewhere if they've just had an unexpected shutdown? No more so than a mum with two tired children or an old lady who has nothing left in her house after being snowed in for 3 days.

You might be stressed, tired and even eager to get home. But you have an option to shop somewhere or not. You take your chances, you make your choices.

You seem to have missed my point. It was not who was waiting to shop that was the issue it was the behaviour of the staff.
    Forum Member
    Maybe they'll just laugh. Go read the "Retail Workers - What do customers do that annoys you?" thread. They'll eat you alive with your attitude.

I fully expect they would laugh. Hopefully this would be noted for their PDR with sanctions following.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Duh .. you got in first. :(

I didn't quiet mean what you did though;), Waitrose is the other supermarket in Canary Wharf - if Tesco was shut I'd have just gone there instead of hanging about. *shrug*
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can`t take this thread serious im afraid,if it was me waiting i would have at least asked what the hold up was without taking any "ire" home with me and posting about it on a forum.
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Yup disrespectful. Long cues outside the shop and staff making it clear they would rather lark about than get back in the shop and get the job done. Not exactly the kind of standard I expect from a shop in Canary Wharf

How high is your horse?
    Forum Member
    20th inst
    Dear Sir

I wish to complain in the strongest possible terms. I'm a very busy professional, so as one professional to another, I trust you accept my version of events in the absence of any factual evidence. Flogging isn't good enough for them.

Yours

OP
    Forum Member
    How high is your horse?

I see nothing elevated about having basic manners.
  • SwarfegaSwarfega Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is wrong with expecting staff acting professionally?

Seems you have the wrong end of the stick.

Not at all - I work for M&S and I personally have high expectations of how I work and how my staff work. However I also know that Tesco don't necessarily employ the same levels of service that the higher end stores do.
    I do shop in Tesco and am very aware of that difference. Yes I would like that Tesco staff should act in an appropriate manner, but frankly I don't expect it. In your experience you saw Tesco's level. They don't care.
    But what actually irritated me is your stance of stating that 'professionals' at Canary Wharf require better service than this. Why? Why not every customer? Do pillocks with far too much cash deserve more simpering service than the average joe in the street?
    Yes by all means fire off an email/letter to the powers that be, I would support your insistance that Tesco basic level of customer service is improved - but don't for the love of God, base it on what the customers do for a living.
    Forum Member
    20th inst
    Dear Sir

I wish to complain in the strongest possible terms. I'm a very busy professional, so as one professional to another, I trust you accept my version of events in the absence of any factual evidence. Flogging isn't good enough for them.

Yours

OP

What another strange response. Assumptions much!
    Forum Member
    I fully expect they would laugh. Hopefully this would be noted for their PDR with sanctions following.

Management will laugh at your attitude. What's your plan, to organise a hostile takeover of Tesco back in the City?
  • frangipanefrangipane Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How high is your horse?
    Not high enough to reach the Qs on the spelling shelf, it seems
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    What another strange response. Assumptions much!

So convey yourself better. All I think of you now is that you give your own children performance reviews and will sack them if they get more than 3 warnings. Child number 2 is on chimney sweep duty for Christmas Day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but it was very clear that a large number of professionals needed to use the shop and the staff acted like they couldnt give a shit. As I said, not what you expect in Canary Wharf

This thread has made me laugh. OP, are you really so humourless that you can't see how pompous this sounds?

'large number of professionals'. How were the shop staff to know what job you do? And why should they care?

And why is Canary Wharf special?