How do you solve a problem like Daybreak?

Comments

• southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daybreak could really do with John and Kate this morning.

Daybreak have the exclusive interview with the woman who confronted the Woolwich terrorists and Lorraine Kelly keeps interrupting her, then into the break Aled attempts a joke!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    southlad wrote: »

Daybreak have the exclusive interview with the woman who confronted the Woolwich terrorists and Lorraine Kelly keeps interrupting her, then into the break Aled attempts a joke!!!!

It was poor wasn't it? Kelly is so obviously out of her depth. I think on a day like today they should either opt for 100% coverage of the main story with competent presenters or just keep it in the news bulletins. This mix and match approach is awful.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And Kate never interrupts or speaks over anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've just watched the second interview with her and TBH, at times, it was hard to know if it was her or Lorraine that was there she was interupting her so much.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,923
    Forum Member
    Repeats of Wackaday should be shown instead.

#It's good to know you're ready and you're wideawake!#

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the second interview with her and TBH, at times, it was hard to know if it was her or Lorraine that was there she was interupting her so much.

Bring back Dan Lobb with Christine Bleakley or have John Stapleton present with Kate Garaway.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was poor wasn't it? Kelly is so obviously out of her depth. I think on a day like today they should either opt for 100% coverage of the main story with competent presenters or just keep it in the news bulletins. This mix and match approach is awful.

It's a shame to see someone so out of their depth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth do they insist on giving the vile Katie Hopkins air time? :Since when was she an authority on childhood obesity? :mad:
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 110 posts on this subject and no-one has yet solved the problem as far as I can see:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're back and 15 minutes in and already Kelly showing how woefully inept she is. Aled is not much better. This politician talking about cleaning up politics was so unsure of himself and obviously didn't believe a word he was saying a 10 year old could have nailed him. :mad:
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    So 110 posts on this subject and no-one has yet solved the problem as far as I can see:D

Easy - get rid of it - awful start to the day.
    Watch Sky or BBC1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have the latest Daybreak figures?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see Laura Tobin doing more presenting. Shes very natural and I think she's got a cheeky sense of humour. Lovely to look at too obviously but I genuinely think she has talent.
  • YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Laura Tobin doing more presenting. Shes very natural and I think she's got a cheeky sense of humour. Lovely to look at too obviously but I genuinely think she has talent.

Have to disagree, unfortunately. Yes, she is lovely to look at. But to me she comes across as fake and insincere. Every time she starts her piece, she always starts with an inane giggle. She's too bright and cheery for me - even when the weather's atrocious. But then, I suppose that's what's needed on breakfast tv
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about use the format of Good Morning America, or have This Morning take its slot?, BBC have the News themed show, C4 have the comedy shows, C5 have the kids shows so itv could do a pop culture news show with real news mixed in

07am - This Morning (with more news headlines)
    10am - Jermany Kyle
    11am - Loose Women
    12am - National News (similar to 6 & 10pm news)
    12.30 - Local News (same as above)
  • stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gingerjack wrote: »
    Replace Lorraine (brown nose) Kelly , with Ranvir in shorter skirts:p

And low cut tops....:D
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have the latest Daybreak figures?

Jogging along at 700,000 against the BBC's 1.5-1.6 million,in other words no improvement on the GMTV days.
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Worth a try I think. Back in the GMTV days I thought Andrea Mclean should do some presenting, but never really had a chance. But she has proved more than capable at presenting Loose Women.

I think they need to try different presenters, over the summer may be a good time, and why not Laura?

Andrea Mclean would be a terrific choice to present the Lorraine show, if she is away for the summer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Worth a try I think. Back in the GMTV days I thought Andrea Mclean should do some presenting, but never really had a chance. But she has proved more than capable at presenting Loose Women.

I think they need to try different presenters, over the summer may be a good time, and why not Laura?

Andrea Mclean would be a terrific choice to present the Lorraine show, if she is away for the summer.

Andrea McLean used to fill in on GMTV Today quite a lot during 2007/2008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thetvworld wrote: »
    Andrea McLean used to fill in on GMTV Today quite a lot during 2007/2008

Yes I remember her doing some, I would have said more occassionally though.

I did think she was good though, I'm not surprised she's been a success on Loose Women. Unfortunately I'm never in when that is on. Like I said, get her to present Lorraine in the summer hols:)
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    They really should just put it out of its misery. How many more tinkering with presenters or facelifts or schedule changes or feature slots etc etc etc, can you take before you just say, this is an utter waste of time.

Morning shows like GMTV are past their sell-by-date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they must insist in keeping Kelly ( why?:confused::confused:) they could at least insist she listens to her interviewees. Young lad just being interviewed about being impaled on a fence just said he didn't feel any pain just shock. 15 seconds later Kelly says 'you must have been in agony'.

I caught the crossover part of Daybreak and Lorraine yesterday and for a while seriously thought it was her that won Wimbledon! She banged on about how she'd predicted it and the in her usual modest way showed a montage of her basically saying Murray over the last two weeks. Oh, and I also heard her say to Richard Madely that he looked fantastic and just as youthful as when he first appeared on TV. Specsavers love!

Please, please get rid of her and her repetious inanities schreeched in that increasingly high pitched voice. She is such a simpleton :mad:
  • Tarriq IbrahimTarriq Ibrahim Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Did anyone see the interview with John Barrowman at 8.25? I know he was born in Scotland and speaking to someone from your native country can bring out your accent but it was cringeworthy hearing him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a positive note, it's been good to see Helen Fospero on the show more recently.

I still believe there is a future for this type of morning show, they just haven't got the right mix of presenters since Fiona left IMO.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they must insist in keeping Kelly ( why?:confused::confused:) they could at least insist she listens to her interviewees. Young lad just being interviewed about being impaled on a fence just said he didn't feel any pain just shock. 15 seconds later Kelly says 'you must have been in agony'.

I caught the crossover part of Daybreak and Lorraine yesterday and for a while seriously thought it was her that won Wimbledon! She banged on about how she'd predicted it and the in her usual modest way showed a montage of her basically saying Murray over the last two weeks. Oh, and I also heard her say to Richard Madely that he looked fantastic and just as youthful as when he first appeared on TV. Specsavers love!

Please, please get rid of her and her repetious inanities schreeched in that increasingly high pitched voice. She is such a simpleton :mad:

Yeah, she is awful, she just waits for the first opportunity to speak instead of listening to her guests.