Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    Mudsie wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just realized I haven't thanked lovelylaura and Jenn for the additional comments they made awhile back regarding Johnny's DnD show. It was great to hear from both of you, esp.for those of us who couldn't attend the shows for whatever reason. I have a few more questions, if that is OK:

-did he do the Q&A each night or only at the first show?
    -What were some of the questions, besides the one where he was asked for the five words that best described him?
    -did Leigh perform at all on her night at the show? Haven't seen her in any of the videos that have shown up on YT
    -please tell us about the pant splitting episode? LOL Reminded me of Barrowman, as it happened to him at one of his shows. At what point in the show did it happen?
    -did JP come out to talk to people afterwards, or did people do the stage door thing?
    -Did anyone get to talk to Jon at the shows he attended?

I think that's all, LOL, but I'll probably think of something else later. Thanks in advance!!!!

I also want to thank you both, as well as kqv for all of the great videos that you've put up on YT. Such a treat for those of us who weren't there! I can hardly wait for his DnD album now. What a voice!!!:)
    Cheers, Mary

Hey! Leigh and her husband (I think his name is Domenick Allen?) performed with Johnny when she was there but I can't remember what song they sang. The trousers split in the second half of the show after he danced quite enthustiastically to Born On A Horse... Johnny said they had been fitted but he didn't wear those trousers in the dress rehearsal and didn't realise what would happen, haha! He then asked the audience whether he should carry on or pop backstage for a couple of minutes to change them and we all made him stay :p

He came out to talk to us a couple of times but couldn't talk for long as he was having vocal problems due to the air conditioning in the Hippodrome and wanted to save his voice for the shows. He was very lovely though, as always, and hugged us all :) I personally didn't talk to Jon after DnD, although I know some did, but I have spoken to him a few other times (including after the ACL cabaret in Leicester Square on Monday) and he's an absolutely lovely guy; such a sweetheart! :) DnD week was amazing, I can't wait for the album!!
  • jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all,
    Just realized I haven't thanked lovelylaura and Jenn for the additional comments they made awhile back regarding Johnny's DnD show. It was great to hear from both of you, esp.for those of us who couldn't attend the shows for whatever reason. I have a few more questions, if that is OK:

-did he do the Q&A each night or only at the first show?
    -What were some of the questions, besides the one where he was asked for the five words that best described him?
    -did Leigh perform at all on her night at the show? Haven't seen her in any of the videos that have shown up on YT
    -please tell us about the pant splitting episode? LOL Reminded me of Barrowman, as it happened to him at one of his shows. At what point in the show did it happen?
    -did JP come out to talk to people afterwards, or did people do the stage door thing?
    -Did anyone get to talk to Jon at the shows he attended?

I think that's all, LOL, but I'll probably think of something else later. Thanks in advance!!!!

I also want to thank you both, as well as kqv for all of the great videos that you've put up on YT. Such a treat for those of us who weren't there! I can hardly wait for his DnD album now. What a voice!!!:)
    Cheers, Mary

Hey! It was no problem :) I think your questions have pretty much been answered - the pants splitting happened on the first night, but didn't happen again (unfortunately :p)

There wasn't really a stage door, just the door you walk into to get to the performance room. The room itself is in the upstairs section of the Hippodrome, so the odd time you saw him walking up the stairs and in before the show, or leaving to go up to the terrace afterwards. He came over to one of our tables on Tuesday to chat for a little bit, and also stopped briefly on Friday outside the room (where there was a seating area and a bar) and I think possibly Saturday too but I can't actually remember! Some of us also talked to DTC who was there Tuesday and Saturday (can't remember if it's been mentioned before!)

Jon was sitting right behind my table during one of the mid-week shows which was a little embarrassing because we weren't exactly quiet in our appreciation of the show :o but he was whooping and yelling out too so it was okay :D

And you're more than welcome for the videos! I need to watch them again at some point :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some Chryedians and I are doing an online scavenger hunt called GISHWHES - it's totally abnosome! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody help me please, because I'm confused. I just saw a picture of DTW snogging Janine. I thought he was gay?

xxxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also just read about DTC's return. Speaking from the POV of a fan of the show, not just of Chryed, he has created some of the best characters and storylines I have seen personally in my time watching the soap. Glad he's taking the reigns.

xxxxx
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Somebody help me please, because I'm confused. I just saw a picture of DTW snogging Janine. I thought he was gay?

xxxxx

His sexuality is "complicated" apparently -_-

Rather than keep him gay or make him bisexual, they've decided to make him "complicated" :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His sexuality is "complicated" apparently -_-

Rather than keep him gay or make him bisexual, they've decided to make him "complicated" :rolleyes:

"Complicated"? "COMPLICATED"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Their whole friggin' soap is "complicated"!!!!!!!!!!! Let me guess, DTW is really gay, but has to pretend he isn't for his parents? Or, he's just pretending to be straight so as to get Janine's money? :rolleyes:

Thanks for replying though Laura.

xxxxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    For some reason I can't get onto Facebook tonight to go to the Ellitridge appreciation page, so I thought I'd come here to wish a fabulous Saturday to those of you who are going to Johnny and Jon's final ACL shows. Have a wonderful time!!!!!So wish I could have made it across the Pond to see the show during the last few months, but c'est la vie! I did see Chorus Line back in the 80s ( I'm soooo old, lol) but it would have been great to see Johnny as Zach!

Let us know if anything special happens at the end of the show to celebrate JP and JT's exit.

What I'm looking forward to now if seeing what kind of post-Zach look Johnny comes up with after August 17!!:)

Cheers, Mary
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason I can't get onto Facebook tonight to go to the Ellitridge appreciation page, so I thought I'd come here to wish a fabulous Saturday to those of you who are going to Johnny and Jon's final ACL shows. Have a wonderful time!!!!!So wish I could have made it across the Pond to see the show during the last few months, but c'est la vie! I did see Chorus Line back in the 80s ( I'm soooo old, lol) but it would have been great to see Johnny as Zach!

Let us know if anything special happens at the end of the show to celebrate JP and JT's exit.

What I'm looking forward to now if seeing what kind of post-Zach look Johnny comes up with after August 17!!:)

Cheers, Mary

Hello!! I had a really great weekend seeing their last shows - for the matinee some of us sat near Zach's seat that he sits in for most of the show, at the back of the stalls. Johnny makes loads of off-mic comments in character as Zach, and it was all I could do not to burst out laughing! And then we were front row for the very last show - nothing different happened except Johnny put his arm around Scarlett just before the lights went out at the end of the show.

Some have already seen the post-Zach look! A few people stayed at stage door long after the rest of us left :p and Johnny came out with his beard already shaved and hair cut! DTC and Laurie Brett were also there to see his last show :)

I hope they enjoy their holiday, they damn well deserve it after 6 months of shows with literally no break or days off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Marc've seen at a festival this weekend, but no pictures.
    This man is so difficult to grasp as the air, you think you have it but do not
    have. I like!
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member

Cheers, Mary

Hi Mary, Johnny & Jon's final shows were fantastic although emotional! I think Johnny saved the best til last - he was incredible with so much energy and "fire in his belly"!

At the end of the matinee during the standing ovation, Johnny put his finger up and mouthed "one more"!

The cast were really emotional during the evening performance when they sang What I Did For Love, I'd never seen them so emotional before, they were all crying so much.

It was great to see Jon covering a proper role too and a really fitting end for his ACL journey! He was really funny as Greg especially the way he delivered the "feeling her boobs" line lol :D

Lovely to see DTC and Laurie out supporting Johnny and Jon too, and also great that Jon had his mum and sister over from Canada as well :)

I'm really going to miss seeing Johnny & Jon in ACL :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Listening Honesty and Just the way you are by Billy Joel
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a reminder that Nitin's episode of Who Do You Think You Are? airs this Wednesday.

Apparently
    One of his grandparents was married at 6 years of age
  • who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Just a reminder that Nitin's episode of Who Do You Think You Are? airs this Wednesday.

Apparently

Thanks Towers I'll pop that in my planner it should be interesting.

Nina will be on this on Wednesday evening...

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week36/big-stars-little-star
    at 8pm itv. Not my type of thing but I'll watch for Nina and it is for charity.
  • sxcbaybee123sxcbaybee123 Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »

Apparently

Hey folks!! Hope you are all okay on here, sorry I've been a bit of a stranger.

To cut a long story short, I lost my dad a few months ago so everything's been a bit odd and muddled for the last few months.

Anyway, I had to come on and reply to this post because I watched the show last night and loved it
    I mean his grandparents getting married at 6 and 10 and then his poor mother losing all of those brothers and sisters! :cry:

But anyway, it wasn't until this morning that I found out that I have another 6-degrees of separation style claim to fame with a EE cast member.

I live in Coventry and my mum turned around to me today and said that my sister had wanted her to watch the show because there was somebody on it that she would remember and lo and behold, my mum used to know Nitin's parents!

They ran another newsagents where my nan used to live and my mum and aunties were very friendly with them. Apparently, Nitin's dad always used to ask how my nan was and was very friendly with my sisters when they were growing up too.

I knew Nitin was from the city but I never imagined that my family would have a connection with his. It was such a surprise to find out.

As I say, I'm sorry for being away for so long and I confess that I don't watch EE any more (To be honest, I haven't watched it since the boys left! :o) and I'm not too hot on Johnny and Marc's projects either at the moment. Is there anything exciting going on that I should know about?
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To cut a long story short, I lost my dad a few months ago so everything's been a bit odd and muddled for the last few months.

Anyway, I had to come on and reply to this post because I watched the show last night and loved it
    I mean his grandparents getting married at 6 and 10 and then his poor mother losing all of those brothers and sisters! :cry:

But anyway, it wasn't until this morning that I found out that I have another 6-degrees of separation style claim to fame with a EE cast member.

I live in Coventry and my mum turned around to me today and said that my sister had wanted her to watch the show because there was somebody on it that she would remember and lo and behold, my mum used to know Nitin's parents!

They ran another newsagents where my nan used to live and my mum and aunties were very friendly with them. Apparently, Nitin's dad always used to ask how my nan was and was very friendly with my sisters when they were growing up too.

I knew Nitin was from the city but I never imagined that my family would have a connection with his. It was such a surprise to find out.

As I say, I'm sorry for being away for so long and I confess that I don't watch EE any more (To be honest, I haven't watched it since the boys left! :o) and I'm not too hot on Johnny and Marc's projects either at the moment. Is there anything exciting going on that I should know about?

It was indeed a great programme :) and it was lovely to learn not just about Nitin's family history but more about the culture as a whole, even just little things like the fact that India didn't keep records of births and deaths like we did in the UK a hundred years ago. It also reminded me how great Nitin is and how the 'Masood family' as a whole really gelled as a group of actors.

Lucky you, having a connection to the great Masoods. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hi! Sorry to hear about your dad ((hugs)) hope you're okay.

That's cool about your connection to Nitin! I can't remember if I ever mentioned this but my mum told me last October that her friend's daughter works with Marc's sister - random but kinda cool! :p

I don't watch EE anymore either, don't worry :p As for Johnny/Marc projects, off the top of my head, Johnny's just finished a 6 month run at A Chorus Line at the Palladium, is recording an album and is also doing panto at Christmas, while Marc's appearing in an episode of Midsomer Murders at some point, possibly December.

Must admit, I haven't really engaged with any Chryed related stuff for ages - can't remember the last time I watched a clip! Although part of it is probably due to a new couple I'm obsessing over - Dean and Castiel from Supernatural :sleep::cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Hi! Sorry to hear about your dad ((hugs)) hope you're okay.

That's cool about your connection to Nitin! I can't remember if I ever mentioned this but my mum told me last October that her friend's daughter works with Marc's sister - random but kinda cool! :p

I don't watch EE anymore either, don't worry :p As for Johnny/Marc projects, off the top of my head, Johnny's just finished a 6 month run at A Chorus Line at the Palladium, is recording an album and is also doing panto at Christmas, while Marc's appearing in an episode of Midsomer Murders at some point, possibly December.

Must admit, I haven't really engaged with any Chryed related stuff for ages - can't remember the last time I watched a clip! Although part of it is probably due to a new couple I'm obsessing over - Dean and Castiel from Supernatural :sleep::cool:

BIB: Thanks Jenn (and you, towers :)), it's been awful but I think I'm slowly getting better and coming to terms with it now.

I've never watched Supernatural but after being on Tumblr for so long, it's difficult to ignore and so I'm totally up to date with all of the plot lines and pairings, to the point where it feels as though I'm an avid fan. :D

I'm Johnlock (Sherlock), Doctor Who 50th and Larry Stylinson at the moment. It's so difficult keeping up with more than one pairing at a time! I'd forgotten what fandom felt like. It's bloody stressful at times! :D:D

But as I said on Tumblr a few weeks ago, fandoms have been the one thing that has stopped me going insane in the last few months. it's been lovely to dip my toe back in old fandoms again (I even went back into my Boosh phase for a while, after 4 years of being away from it.

That's really cool about your mum's friend's daughter. She's one very lucky girl! :)

After Nitin's episode last night, I am thinking about a Chryed rewatch, I haven't really watched any clips since they left. It only seems like two minutes since they left the square, hand in hand to the tune of SBM, but it was 10 MONTHS ago. I can't believe they've been gone that long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB: Thanks Jenn (and you, towers :)), it's been awful but I think I'm slowly getting better and coming to terms with it now.

I've never watched Supernatural but after being on Tumblr for so long, it's difficult to ignore and so I'm totally up to date with all of the plot lines and pairings, to the point where it feels as though I'm an avid fan. :D

I'm Johnlock (Sherlock), Doctor Who 50th and Larry Stylinson at the moment. It's so difficult keeping up with more than one pairing at a time! I'd forgotten what fandom felt like. It's bloody stressful at times! :D:D

But as I said on Tumblr a few weeks ago, fandoms have been the one thing that has stopped me going insane in the last few months. it's been lovely to dip my toe back in old fandoms again (I even went back into my Boosh phase for a while, after 4 years of being away from it.

That's really cool about your mum's friend's daughter. She's one very lucky girl! :)

After Nitin's episode last night, I am thinking about a Chryed rewatch, I haven't really watched any clips since they left. It only seems like two minutes since they left the square, hand in hand to the tune of SBM, but it was 10 MONTHS ago. I can't believe they've been gone that long.

Haha, I'm on tumblr 24/7! It's thanks to that website I started watching the show - I watched like 8 seasons in three months :o I'm not really part of the fandom as such but I reblog lots of things and I even read fic - something I never thought I'd do with any fandom outside Chryed!

I'm not sure I follow you on tumblr...do I?? What's your url?

Tomorrow it'll have been exactly a year since we found out they were leaving :eek::eek: well, probably a year once it reaches midnight!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Haha, I'm on tumblr 24/7! It's thanks to that website I started watching the show - I watched like 8 seasons in three months :o I'm not really part of the fandom as such but I reblog lots of things and I even read fic - something I never thought I'd do with any fandom outside Chryed!

I'm not sure I follow you on tumblr...do I?? What's your url?

Tomorrow it'll have been exactly a year since we found out they were leaving :eek::eek: well, probably a year once it reaches midnight!

A year??! Like I said, it only seems like two minutes. How time flies, eh?

My tumblr is here. Follow me if you like, I'll definitely follow you back, if I'm not already. I have a feeling that I am, though. :)
  • shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all.

Long time no speak. Hope everyone's well.

Can hardly believe its been nearly 10 months since Chryed left. EE is in a bit of a rut at the minute but lets hope DTC can improve things. It is a bit better recently and with David Wicks and Ronnie returning it look like its on the up.

So Lily is doing well. She's 2 next month which I cant quite believe. Jayden is a wee tearaway as well. He's 1 in November but by then i'll be on the verge of adding 2 new additions to our rapidly growing family. I remember writing in here back in March when I found out I was pregnant again!!!! but I don't remember saying it was twins. Well it is and im 28 weeks gone but boy am i massive. Stuff i wore when pregnant twice before fitted me but as im bigger earlier due to twins so im having to get much bigger maternity wear. Anyway my sister's surrogate gave birth in June to a beautiful boy call Mark and myy brothers wife had her baby on NYE a girl called Megan. So a i have 2 new bundles of joy in the family. Dylan and Megan by my brother and Mark by my sister. My twins are both boys so we'll go one more time to try for a sister for the 3 boys and 1 girl we'll have soon. 12 weeks to go or earlier. Probably wont go full term, which is something as i feel with this pregnancy and my 2 previous ones, ive been pregnant forever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A year??! Like I said, it only seems like two minutes. How time flies, eh?

My tumblr is here. Follow me if you like, I'll definitely follow you back, if I'm not already. I have a feeling that I am, though. :)

I know, it's madness :eek:

Aha, I am already following you! Cool :cool: I'm here, just in case :p
  • AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (from the fans who brought you ChryedCon)

What?
    A weekend of Chryedians across the world coming together online to remember and celebrate the awesomeness of EastEnders’ Christian and Syed. Expect discussions, videos, quizzes, pictures, fanfic and memories, plus anything else you’d like to throw into the mix.

When?
    19th and 20th October 2013.

Where?
    HERE! In the ‘Waiting For Chryed To Get It On’ discussion thread on Digital Spy. :D

While everyone is welcome to just turn up on the day and join in the fun, the organisers are hoping to put together a few scheduled events for maximum participation. If you would like to contribute something, it would be great if you could let us know. And if you have any ideas or requests, please feel free to get in touch.

Email: info@chryedcon.co.uk
    Twitter: @ChryedCon
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/310674525672010/
    LiveJournal: http://chryed-con.livejournal.com
    Tumblr: chryedcybercelebration.tumblr.com
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    (from the fans who brought you ChryedCon)

What?
    A weekend of Chryedians across the world coming together online to remember and celebrate the awesomeness of EastEnders’ Christian and Syed. Expect discussions, videos, quizzes, pictures, fanfic and memories, plus anything else you’d like to throw into the mix.

When?
    19th and 20th October 2013.

Where?
    HERE! In the ‘Waiting For Chryed To Get It On’ discussion thread on Digital Spy. :D

While everyone is welcome to just turn up on the day and join in the fun, the organisers are hoping to put together a few scheduled events for maximum participation. If you would like to contribute something, it would be great if you could let us know. And if you have any ideas or requests, please feel free to get in touch.

Email: info@chryedcon.co.uk
    Twitter: @ChryedCon
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/310674525672010/
    LiveJournal: http://chryed-con.livejournal.com
    Tumblr: chryedcybercelebration.tumblr.com

Wooooo hoooo! I'm totally there! :D
  • AussieEnderAussieEnder Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Hello Chryedians :)

Very happy to read about a ChryedCon online......Don't have to catch a plane :D Also the Saturday is Marc's Birthday so a double celebration!!!