Forum Member
✭✭
What a dissapointment.

Comments

• Options
    rjmachinrjmachin Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just the pilot that is not in HD?

edit:scrap that. Just taken a look in DigiGuide and none of the espisodes are marked as HD.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rjmachin wrote: »
    Maybe it's just the pilot that is not in HD?

edit:scrap that. Just taken a look in DigiGuide and none of the espisodes are marked as HD.

I'm sure it's an error. The pilot repeat on the 10th is shown as HD on Digiguide.
  • Options
    michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    I'm sure it's an error. The pilot repeat on the 10th is shown as HD on Digiguide.

Diguiguide often seems to show the same data as the Sky planner - presumably both come from the broadcaster. Hopefully It is just a mistake on living's part!
  • Options
    zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine Sky investing in a new show and not taking the HD option, surely a mistake with the guide data.
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After all the advertising they have been doing, why would it not be in HD?! Though i hope its proper HD and not One Tree Hill 'HD'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zantarous wrote: »
    I can't imagine Sky investing in a new show and not taking the HD option, surely a mistake with the guide data.

Probably ordered and paid for when VM were running the channel:)
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jde-tv wrote: »
    After all the advertising they have been doing, why would it not be in HD?! Though i hope its proper HD and not One Tree Hill 'HD'

I have never seen OTH, is it not good HD?
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Sky press release when Living HD was announced.
    Upcoming highlights on LIVING HD include the current series of Britain's Next Top Model, presented by Elle Macpherson, which concludes with the first ever live final on 4th October. Also l,aunching on LIVING HD in October are brand-new US drama Nikita and Four Weddings spin-off Party Wars. They join the existing LIVING line-up, which includes CSI: Miami, CSI: Vegas, Ghost Whisperer, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Criminal Minds, Medium, and Supernatural – all in glossy, pin-sharp HD.
  • Options
    michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm I just noticed that Medium does not have the HD marker either tonight or next week, but is has been shown in HD up to now.

In fact in the next 8 days hardly any shows seem to have EPG markers (not even the widescreen or stereo markers let alone HD) on any of the Living channels. I think Living are doing a Eurosport and not bothering to put the markers on the EPG.

Comon' Sky how can you expect broadcasters to get this stuff right if you cannot be bothered to keep your own channels in line?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »

Its shocking, one of the worse HD programs currently showing.

If people thought battlestar galactica looked crap in HD have a look a one tree hill, its like VHS tape in places. But the DVD's of previous seasons are crap too so not surprised.
    Shows like this look really good in HD, shame on the producers of this show for filming it like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if chuck will be in HD, season 4 starts on living in a couple of weeks, according to digiguide its not going to be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if chuck will be in HD, season 4 starts on living in a couple of weeks, according to digiguide its not going to be.

What date for chuck? As the third season has just finished on Virgin one/the one channel this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sauspud wrote: »
    What date for chuck? As the third season has just finished on Virgin one/the one channel this week.

Chuck season 4 starts 14/10 on living.

Season 3 finale on channel one is this coming Monday.

Check out the PLP

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/tubetalk/plp/
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »

no its awful! The filming of OTH isnt that good anyway, and tbh it looks worse in HD! I dont know if its the same for all CW shows as i havnt seen any others in HD?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a "Never Miss" e-mail which said it was in HD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    jde-tv wrote: »
    no its awful! The filming of OTH isnt that good anyway, and tbh it looks worse in HD! I dont know if its the same for all CW shows as i havnt seen any others in HD?

The only CW show i watch is Smallville and that's actually pretty decent in terms of HD.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i looked on epg for nikita and it says HD so im guessing it is which doesn`t surprise me. can`t believe chuck will be back on so soon, can`t wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Well i looked on epg for nikita and it says HD so im guessing it is which doesn`t surprise me.

What EPG are you looking at? Just checked on sky's epg and no sign of HD (or Widescreen) on the pilot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sauspud wrote: »
    What EPG are you looking at? Just checked on sky's epg and no sign of HD (or Widescreen) on the pilot.

It's bad enough a US import isn't being marked as HD but for a modern broadcaster not to even go widescreen is totally g*sh!! Do they still live in 1995?
  • Options
    TechnixTechnix Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The VM customer magazine states it will be in HD: http://electric.virginmedia.com/1T4ca20dea91b74012.cde (Page 11).
  • Options
    gerdavgerdav Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Sunday's repeat at 8pm is tagged as HD and widescreen, I'd be suprised if tomorrows premiere is not HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerdav wrote: »
    Sunday's repeat at 8pm is tagged as HD and widescreen, I'd be suprised if tomorrows premiere is not HD.

Have seen that and taking no chances. So I'm taping and watching sundays episode. Also I have enough taping today and with Chuck starting next week on thursday I would be better following the sunday repeat.
  • Options
    digigriffindigigriffin Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the sky website listings it is now flagged as HD for tonights pilot
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is tonight's episode in HD?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276