Options

Iran, next country to be attacked by the u.s.a ??

JustmadeitJustmadeit Posts: 7,512
Forum Member
Could you see iran being the next country to be invaded by the usa government as part of their plans to further their empire ?

Comments

• Options
    ThinWhitePukeThinWhitePuke Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    When Palin gets in in 2012 anything is possible
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have it on good authority that Anglesey is next.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should go for North Korea first. They've been begging for a fight.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

Iran is now almost completely surrounded by countries that are either allied to or occupied by the Americans. Turkmenistan is their only friendly border.

It's just a matter of time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    When Reagan, Clinton and and Dubya 's (Bombya'd be more appropriate) father was in charge the US didn't bother threatening NK but it was when Bombya decided that NK was part of the Axis of Evil (Why? They only said they wanted nukes as well) as Israel, Russia, China, India, Pakistan, France, Britain AND USA have them as well. But I noticed that when NK said they WOULD defend themselve AND retaliate, the USA suddenly ended the 'excercises'.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    When Reagan, Clinton and and Dubya 's (Bombya'd be more appropriate) father was in charge the US didn't bother threatening NK but it was when Bombya decided that NK was part of the Axis of Evil (Why? They only said they wanted nukes as well) as Israel, Russia, China, India, Pakistan, France, Britain AND USA have them as well. But I noticed that when NK said they WOULD defend themselve AND retaliate, the USA suddenly ended the 'excercises'.

NK is a very convenient bargaining chip for both the USA and China.

Bush declared NK as an enemy just so the Chinese would butt out of his affairs if he promised to leave them alone.

The Chinese like having NK there. They are like China's little ankle-biter.
  • Options
    starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oil ?

you bet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I doubt America will attack Iran directly more likely they will lend assistance to others to do it, I suspect that Israel will be the ones who destroy the Iran reactors, Mossad have already started killing Iran's leading nuclear scientists so I think ultimately it will be Israel that destroys the nuclear plants
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd bet money on Iran being the next country to have "democracy" brought to them. Venezuela's looking good for a few years time too.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justmadeit wrote: »
    Could you see iran being the next country to be invaded by the usa government as part of their plans to further their empire ?

Only if Saudi Arabia says "Either do it, or wave goodbye to one of your most strategically placed military bases and a guaranteed supply of oil"!
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the world is now wise to the MO of America and to a lesser extent the UK. I don't think there is any legitimate reason to invade Iran.

Yes there are questionable aspects of Iran such as possible state sponsored terrorism but this is not enough of a reason to invade them. It just smacks of the US government wanting to control the way the world works (from oil to politics) no matter who stands in the way.

If people thinks the US has justification to invade Iran, please do list them and consider the extrapolation to some point in the future where they might justify invading the UK.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justmadeit wrote: »

What empire do you think they have at the moment? Which countries are members of the "American empire"? I can't think of any. What do you mean by empire - do you just mean influence?
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Palin gets in in 2012 anything is possible

If...
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iran or NK, which to choose.....at the moment I think NK is top of the list, even more so if NK attacks the South again (and how bad it is). Dont forget the US and S.Korea are playing at war games right now close to the border with NK.....and the North Koreans dont like it.

If that kicks off, I will get my tin hat.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iran is a country with many factions - held together by force rather than consent. I find it hard to believe that after their experiences in Iraq they'd invade Iran. The Iran government would have to do something really bad to provoke such a response.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Iran is probably at the top of the list, after all they have major oil reserves. However it wont happen, at least not for a while after the mess that is Iraq and Afghanistan. More likely the US will resort to it's age old tactics of subversion and trying to stir up opposition within the country. Only if Iran provokes a response (say a direct attack on Israel) will the US retaliate with direct action.

North Korea wont be on their hit list whether they would like it to or not, after all it may well have nuclear weapons. If NK strikes first then that will be a different matter.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    cosmo wrote: »
    Yes.

Iran is now almost completely surrounded by countries that are either allied to or occupied by the Americans. Turkmenistan is their only friendly border.

It's just a matter of time.

No it isn't. Russia (and probably China) would spit chips if they did and everyone else knows it. The US wouldn't risk it (unless son of Bush of son of Bush got in to office!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No it isn't. Russia (and probably China) would spit chips if they did and everyone else knows it. The US wouldn't risk it (unless son of Bush of son of Bush got in to office!).

Palin will likely get in in 2012 given Obama's unpopularity and if you think Bush was bad wait till she gets in :o

Plus with her scary lack of understanding of geography, she would end up nuking North Shields instead of North Korea :eek:
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palin will likely get in in 2012 given Obama's unpopularity and if you think Bush was bad wait till she gets in :o

Plus with her scary lack of understanding of geography, she would end up nuking North Shields instead of North Korea :eek:

I can't see it ever happening. Yes, Bush was a moron but that dumb bitch is on a completely different level of stupidity. Surely the American population will wake-up and come to realise this.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not conviced America will need to invade - the Iranian regime is doing a pretty good job of killing itself from within.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member

lol- funny- bu true!!

Hopefully she won;t, but...