Andrew Mitchell's 'Plebgate' bicycle in charity auction

IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
Forum Member
✭✭
Andrew Mitchell's 'Plebgate' bicycle in charity auction

Last updated Sun 28 Apr 2013

The former International Development Secretary and Chief Whip Andrew Mitchell has donated his bike to a charity auction. The sale of his bike will raise funds for Nyumbani UK who works with children affected by HIV and Aids in Kenya.

Mr Mitchell's bike was made infamous when he was stopped from riding it across the cobbles outside Number 10 and had an altercation with a police officer as a result...

Source:- http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-04-28/plebgate-bicycle-in-charity-auction/

There's one bid for £200 at the moment. I like the basket lol...how random...just thought I'd share :) I guess its regarded as a famous bike but how you'd know it was his bike, I have no idea? how much do you reckon its worth?.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    It's a bit strange. I think if I was him I wouldn't want to draw more attention to the whole incident by auctioning the bike. At least the money is going to charity - I suppose he might get a bit of good press for that.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit strange. I think if I was him I wouldn't want to draw more attention to the whole incident by auctioning the bike. At least the money is going to charity - I suppose he might get a bit of good press for that.

Yeah, would someone really brag about owning an MPs bike in the first place? I'm sure the bike is decent enough but it does seems random. Its certainly good to know the money is going to charity though.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    It's amazing the way an arrogant tosser has managed to reinvent himself as a poor hard-done-to victim with a heart of gold. :rolleyes:
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Is he buying another bike on expenses?
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The phrase 'on yer bike' did come to mind when I read about it lol bad pun, I know...sorry :o (:D)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I guess its regarded as a famous bike but how you'd know it was his bike, I have no idea?

it's the bell !

instead of going 'dring, dring' it plays a recording of 'f--k off out my way, do you not know who I am'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Yeah, would someone really brag about owning an MPs bike in the first place? I'm sure the bike is decent enough but it does seems random. Its certainly good to know the money is going to charity though.

I certainly wouldn't be boasting about owning his bike. I guess it's just a publicity stunt to generate some good press for him. I just see it as unnecessarily bringing the whole thing back up again and I don't really see why he would want to. For me nobody involved came out of 'plebgate' looking particularly good - I wouldn't be in any hurry to remind people of the incident. I will be interested to see just how much someone is willing to pay for it.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    It's amazing the way an arrogant tosser has managed to reinvent himself as a poor hard-done-to victim with a heart of gold. :rolleyes:

1) He was innocent

2) It's for a good cause

Or do you think everybody with different politics than you are orcs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for him, especially as it now seems he was completely innocent
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    1) He was innocent

2) It's for a good cause

Or do you think everybody with different politics than you are orcs?

1) He was an arrogant tosser regardless of the specifics of the plebgate incident.

2) Auctioning off something involved in such an incident smacks more of self-publicity than altruism.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for him, especially as it now seems he was completely innocent

Indeed, and at least any money raised is going to charity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's one bid for £200 at the moment. I like the basket lol...how random...just thought I'd share :) I guess its regarded as a famous bike but how you'd know it was his bike, I have no idea? how much do you reckon its worth?.

it's currently at £1,020.00