How was your Bank Holiday Weekend?

maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
Forum Member
Mine was terrible. I have had the worst cold in my life, every time I swallow it feels like I am swallowing broken glass and I have had streaming eyes and really bad nasal congestion all weekend! All my plans for this weekend have fallen by the wayside. How did everyone else fare?

Comments

• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worked on Saturday and working today.

Some of us don't get bank holidays.
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Worked on Saturday and working today.

Some of us don't get bank holidays.

Aww sorry about that TheTruth. To be honest I'd much rather have been working than the way I have been feeling this weekend :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ok, just bored lol

hope your better soon OP
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    ok, just bored lol

hope your better soon OP

Thanks Orangemaid, throat feeling better today, just in time for me returning to work tomorrow....typical
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spent all afternoon driving down the A1.
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I worked whilst my family had a BBQ
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Didn't want today off, nothing planned, doing something next monday,
    lets have these hols added to our leave and I can use it when I want.
    Forum Member
    lola_skye wrote: »
    I worked whilst my family had a BBQ

Ooh, good weather down your way then? Lucky you.
    howardl wrote: »

Excellent idea!
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been to see people so it was quite good.
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Mine was brilliant went on a lovely walk in the sunshine and saw some friends I've not seen in ages on Saturday then went to an all day music festival yesterday. Today has been spent recovering!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    It was noisy. It seemed like all of my neighbours in the street spent the whole weekend doing DIY or gardening so lots of lawnmowers, strimmers, hammering and drilling. I understand that people are using the longer weekend to catch up on jobs and it wouldn't bother me normally but I wasn't feeling great and I wanted to just rest in quiet.
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Restful after traveling back from Scotland on Saturday we had the best week ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I worked.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been great... Lot's of sun and lots of good company.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely. Went to the theatre, went out with friends and even enjoyed the lovely weather today. All in all satisfying. I don't feel sorry for saying so either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was terrible. I have had the worst cold in my life, every time I swallow it feels like I am swallowing broken glass and I have had streaming eyes and really bad nasal congestion all weekend! All my plans for this weekend have fallen by the wayside. How did everyone else fare?

Hope you feel better soon maid. All my plans have fallen by the wayside too, but I don't have your excuse, just pure laziness. Been sleeping and watching TV all day :blush::D
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine has been mostly lovely. I have been in an eating disorder unit since 10th April, and I had my first overnight leave from Saturday morning until yesterday evening.

So on Saturday my dad drove us home in the morning, and then we went to visit my gran for the afternoon. My aunt and uncle were there too, and we had lunch together and then played Scrabble and had tea with her.

Yesterday I went shopping with my dad, got lots of lovely new things (dress, flip-flops, jelly shoes, ring, hairbands, Despicable Me..., some things to use in Art Therapy, etc), had lunch with my dad. In the afternoon we played Banangrams (new addiction, so much love for this game...) and then cooked dinner before I had to come back to the unit.

Today I have found hard, so not so good, but the actual day was nice. The occupational therapists do trips with us, so 3 of us went to London for the day. Started at Tate Modern (but didn't go in, not enough time), wandered down the river bank, across Tower Bridge, lunch outside St Paul's, walked towards London Eye and Big Ben, through a ridiculously crowded market, then went to Costa before coming back. T'was lovely wandering around London.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to read you are not that well OP.

I had a load of work on so I did that first thing, then I went for a 2 hour brisk walk.
    After that called in at my daughters new house and helped her clean up a bit.
    I am now at home picking on a hot cooked chicken and drinking a glass of white.
    Looking forward to Game of Thrones later on tonight.

I hope you feel better soon.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    Mine has been mostly lovely. I have been in an eating disorder unit since 10th April, and I had my first overnight leave from Saturday morning until yesterday evening.

So on Saturday my dad drove us home in the morning, and then we went to visit my gran for the afternoon. My aunt and uncle were there too, and we had lunch together and then played Scrabble and had tea with her.

Yesterday I went shopping with my dad, got lots of lovely new things (dress, flip-flops, jelly shoes, ring, hairbands, Despicable Me..., some things to use in Art Therapy, etc), had lunch with my dad. In the afternoon we played Banangrams (new addiction, so much love for this game...) and then cooked dinner before I had to come back to the unit.

Today I have found hard, so not so good, but the actual day was nice. The occupational therapists do trips with us, so 3 of us went to London for the day. Started at Tate Modern (but didn't go in, not enough time), wandered down the river bank, across Tower Bridge, lunch outside St Paul's, walked towards London Eye and Big Ben, through a ridiculously crowded market, then went to Costa before coming back. T'was lovely wandering around London.

That was a good read, I am glad you enjoyed your day out with the family.
    All the best x
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    howardl wrote: »

I'd love to have 8 extra days added to my annual leave, to take when I want. My unit closes down so I can't work Bank Hols. But we never do anything so I wouldn't mind so much working. Though it was nice this morning when I didn't have to get up at 5.30.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uneventful
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dull, I didn't get out of my pyjamas.
  • BowmaniBowmani Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    They need to ban all uk bh's. They're not neccessary.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Smithy1204 wrote: »

for some reason I always thought you were a man!
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant :D out fri night for a girls night out, worked sat morn and finished at 3 went straight to the pub garden and then to a bbqq sat night. Had a quiet sunday with Mum and then today was out from 11 ish till 8ish in Brighton was great big group of friends ate out listened to live music did some shopping and went on the pier like a bunch of 6yr olds :D