Options

Looking. UK pace, returns 5th Feb 2015

Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,676
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm sure there was a thread somewhere but cannot find it!

Anyway the fab Looking is back tonight on Sky Atlantic. Cannot wait!

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did nobody watch? First 2 episodes were really good.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on my list of shows to watch. I enjoyed the first series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the first two episodes. It's just as good as it was, if not slightly better. Have the other 2 episodes from the US downloaded, will probably watch one of them tonight.
  • Options
    GlitterGlitter Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this show :)

Just watched episodes 3 and 4, really enjoyed them. I think I'm liking season 2 more than the first season as they are really developing the characters more than before, as I suppose we know who they are now. Loving Eddie and Agustin is a lot more likeable this season.

Loved all the stuff about Romford lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the characters. Yes they are all flawed in their own ways but they are believable. I love the scripts and how it is filmed, its like it isn't scripted if that makes sense.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering it's a show where nothing really happens, I do enjoy it.

I'm normally a big fan of Russell Tovey but he's definitely the weak link in the cast for me unfortunately. Can't put my finger on why, but it just isn't working for me for some reason.
  • Options
    stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Looking.
    Not much happens, granted, but it's nice to seem some likeable gay characters on TV isn't it?
    Patrick is just adorable.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Lovely surprise last night when I found out it was another double bill :D.

I love this show. So pleased that Augustin has had a personality transplant and the show has improved massively because of it. He really was the weak link last year. Patrick is still all kinds of adorable, and Doris needs to be my friend ASAP! :D
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    That sex scene with Patrick and Kevin was HOT!!
    The show has really found its feet this season
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick and Kevin is only going to end in tears. Kevin won't leave his boyfriend (John I think?) and if I was patrick I would not trust Kevin anyway.

I feel sorry for John.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could watch this all day. It's so easy to watch. I feel like the characters are my friends. And yes Patrick and Kevin are HOT!!!
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also think Patrick and Kevin will end in tears. Nice to see Patrick finally coming to his senses. I'm firmly in the team Richie camp without being too twilighty!

Have to say I like the new characters also.
  • Options
    SweetkittyukSweetkittyuk Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I love this show, discovered by accident a few weeks ago and watched season 1 in one go, then season 2 started!
    The characters are great especially Patrick. It also helps that they are HOT! :)
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    I also think Patrick and Kevin will end in tears. Nice to see Patrick finally coming to his senses. I'm firmly in the team Richie camp without being too twilighty!

Have to say I like the new characters also.

...but he hasn't though, has he.

Kevin has him round his little finger and a little tear and the correct empty promises whispered in to Patricks ears and he is back under the spell.

I feel that Kevin knows exactly what he is doing and that he is not very nice man.

"Why didn't you come and say hello?" <rolls eyes smiley>
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Patrick and Kevin are endgame.
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling Augustine is Patrick's end game, he certainly goes out of his way to sabotage any relationship Patrick has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no US pace thread so I can't post anything about Episode 5 which I've now seen.

I'll just have to wait until it is aired here before commenting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think UK has pretty much caught up with the US now as we get episode 5 this Thursday!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only starting watching this over the past week but I'm hooked. Devoured season 1 very quickly and now up to episode 3 or 4 (can't remember) of season 2. I agree with others, season 2 is a huge leap in terms of development, especially Augustine. Eddie is also a welcome addition; eye candy and brilliantly scripted and acted. I too feel like I'm hanging with friends and immediately want to go to San Francisco and hang out. Where can I find myself a friend like Dorris? She for me is easily the star of the show, she's bloody fantastic!
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gray_v wrote: »
    I've only starting watching this over the past week but I'm hooked. Devoured season 1 very quickly and now up to episode 3 or 4 (can't remember) of season 2. I agree with others, season 2 is a huge leap in terms of development, especially Augustine. Eddie is also a welcome addition; eye candy and brilliantly scripted and acted. I too feel like I'm hanging with friends and immediately want to go to San Francisco and hang out. Where can I find myself a friend like Dorris? She for me is easily the star of the show, she's bloody fantastic!

I agree, Eddie and Doris are fabulous aren't they?

Took me a while, but I've just realised that Daniel Franzese (Eddie) is Damian from 'Mean Girls'. Knew I recognised him from something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually am not keen on Eddie as a character, although I did recognise him as Damian from Mean Girls right away.

She doesn't even go here!
  • Options
    GlitterGlitter Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great episode :-)

Patrick and Richie still have such good chemistry, really hope they end up together but Richie is so cautious now as he doesn't want to get hurt again, which is understandable.

Didn't miss Dom or Lynn this week, they are my least favourite pairing I think.

Loved Eddie and Agustin :-D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad PatricK was off with kevin at the start of the episode,and just walked off. Kevin had a choice, he either dumps Jon for Patrick, or loses Patrick.

I LOVE this show so much, its my fave thing on tv.
  • Options
    ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with last week's episode which, for me at least, highlights precisely why Looking is streets ahead of Cucumber.

Patrick's Hallowe'en party was like watching a car crash, and when he got on the chair and began his drunken rant, you knew things were going to go from bad to worse. But we understood precisely why: he's conflicted over his feelings for Kevin and Richie, with both of whom he had what he thought were relationships with potential, then he lost them both (for different reasons).

Contrast that with Cucumber, where Henry is relentlessly destructive to pretty much everyone around him, screwing up his relationship when he has it, then rejecting the person who loves him … for no apparent reason.

Looking may not be perfect, but it's charming, funny and the characters feel real. I just hope it survives - because I don't think it's rating that well in the US … :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I've seen this, it serves as a good reminder that the next episode was on last night in America so should be available online for me to find later tonight.

I agree, you knew that's how the party was gonna go. Alcohol + microphone will always = bad!