Inside Soap with free mini-mag

Tom MillerTom Miller Posts: 1,257
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have any of you read this week's Inside Soap mag?

"We put 50 of your most burning questions to the people who know the real answers - soap's big bosses!" I'm curious to see what they asked!

http://www.insidesoap.co.uk/in-the-mag/

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Oooh. I like when they do these little side-magazine bits inside it. I will go check it out and see if there is anything that interests me in it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a quick look and read some of them in WH smiths earlier. They had questions for all the soaps. I only read a few of the Eastenders questions and Corrie ones.

Most of the ones for Eastenders are all DS actually. Eastenders questions were answered by Brian Kirkwood.

There was questions on Max and Tanya getting back together? Looking highly likely after car crash, there lives change after it and has a huge impact on them. Brain Kirkwood compared them to Den and Angie. Really?

Question on Max and Janine getting together?
    Brian Said he is aware of the chemistry and thinks it would sparks would fly, but no plans as yet. He said Janine is going to have some fun with her Grandmother though.

Will The mitchells stay the central family in Eastenders? yes king of the square Phil, Brian actually said that, Shirley queen or something, and the two boys carrying on the Mitchell crown.

yusaf, Zainabs ex, possibly being Syed's dad,
    It's possible because he was around before Mazood.

Have all the dogs been kidnapped :D, No they havent but they cost alot and they would rather spend the money on characters rather than animals.

Is Derek Branning going to be introduced? short answer no not in the near future because Brian likes Carol and Max are battling away to be head of the Branning family.

The Main corrie ones that I read and remember, answers given by Phil Collinson

Who is taking over the Rovers when Liz goes? Becky and Steve are staying in the pub as there at the heart of it, there will be a new licensee what Liz is, but it's not Claudia as thought. Phil Collinson said not to believe everthing you read in the papers.

Most interesting question I thought. Who will the licensee be?

Will Carla and Peter get together.
    He said something like 'He really loved there story and how the audience took to it. They have a good connection, and it was absolutely not the end of the road for them two.

Why did John stape go away half way through the story?

It was always planned in the story for John to take a break so Fizz could mess up in her own way and get into some trouble, without John being around, so he was sent away.

This one is already on DS somewhere too
    Will Sally and Kevin be like Ken and Deidre and get back together? No there is more stories with them apart and would be a disservice if they were to just get back together.

All the producers got asked if they would ever change the theme tune to the soaps. They all said never for that one.

All got asked If audience feedback matters and how much does it influence them and the writers choices.

All got asked if they discuss plotlines with the actors and if they ever get upset with the storylines

Thats all I have and is the gist of the questions that I read and remembered. I don't know if anyone else has the magazine or saw it can quote the answers properly or what the other soap questions was.
  • ToriabelleToriabelle Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    I have the magazine but the bonus mag bit seems to be missing in mine.
    kerry1681 wrote: »
    Will Carla and Peter get together.
    He said something like 'He really loved there story and how the audience took to it. They have a good connection, and it was absolutely not the end of the road for them two.

As much as I like Peter and Leanne together I think it made an interesting storyline with Peter & Carla so it'd be good if they do continue with it.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirkwood's comment about the Mitchells is predictably disappointing:yawn:

King Phil? 'King hell, more like..:rolleyes:
  • Gene HackmanGene Hackman Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Max and Tanya... boring... unless he has an affair with Janine Malloy.
    Why isn't there a NEW family rather then relying on old ones and rebuiling new ones (The Moons) at the expense of popular famlies (The Slaters).