The Walking Dead S3 (US Pace)

Comments

• The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    It gobbled her up completely? And people say this season they've done away with the stupid shit :D
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It gobbled her up completely? And people say this season they've done away with the stupid shit :D

I assumed fat zombie ate the juicy parts and while Rick was going all Rambo on the walkers (They pushed him too far:D) other members of the group cleaned up what was left of her at the same time they cleaned up what was left of T-Dog.

They then buried the bits in one of the two filled grave, leaving the third empty for when they found Carol uneatables. As the graves were not named, Daryl mistook Lori or T-Dog's grave for Carol's, leaving the flower.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assumed fat zombie ate the juicy parts and while Rick was going all Rambo on the walkers (They pushed him too far:D) other members of the group cleaned up what was left of her at the same time they cleaned up what was left of T-Dog.

They then buried the bits in one of the two filled grave, leaving the third empty for when they found Carol uneatables. As the graves were not named, Daryl mistook Lori or T-Dog's grave for Carol's, leaving the flower.
    Why leave the greedy walker alive if they had been into get Lori's remains?
    From the blood trail he had dragged her body over to where he was lying or even if he had eaten her where she died he was only across the other side of the room.

The most likely explanation for what is burried in Carols grave I think is that it's part of T-Dog. They just assumed that some of T-Dogs bones were from Carol (who had been mostly eaten) due to the scarf being there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Why leave the greedy walker alive if they had been into get Lori's remains?
    From the blood trail he had dragged her body over to where he was lying or even if he had eaten her where she died he was only across the other side of the room.

The most likely explanation for what is burried in Carols grave I think is that it's part of T-Dog. They just assumed that some of T-Dogs bones were from Carol (who had been mostly eaten) due to the scarf being there.

Ahhh - now that makes perfect sense:D:D:D Bits of T-dog in both graves, Daryl puts a flower on what is Carol's grave even it it contains bit of T-Dog. Empty Grave for Lori.

Doesn't explain where Lori's bones are but MUCH better than my explaination. Thanks:D
  • DesricheDesriche Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Re the graves, there's an interview with Robert Kirkman here

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/11/walking-dead-robert-kirkman-say-the-word/

And he says
    The graves are empty. Which seems like a waste of time spent digging holes...
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desriche wrote: »

And he says

Seems a bit odd that as they say the characters did not find any bodies yet we saw them find (most of) T-Dog.

I suppose it's possible that when they went back to remove T-Dogs body it (like Lori) had been fully eaten.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Seems a bit odd that as they say the characters did not find any bodies yet we saw them find (most of) T-Dog.

I suppose it's possible that when they went back to remove T-Dogs body it (like Lori) had been fully eaten.

I'd of expected them to have buried T-Dog because they knew where he was.

It is strange that they'd dig holes for no bodies... With Otis they just made a mound of rocks back at the farm.
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    The fat zombie was on one hell of a binge with Lori. Just one walker managed to eat a whole Lori - bones and all!

Left only the bullet and a bit of clothing behind?

And Carol - all they found is a scarf. Have they assumed she died as well for they appear to have stopped looking for her. One little scarf and thats it - she's dead!

And why go through the whole effort of digging graves if they have no intention of putting remains in them? Doesn't make sense.

We are talking the walking dead here though - hmmmm maybe sense doesn't come into it.

Simply enjoy!
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Desriche wrote: »

And he says
    WinterLily wrote: »
    And why go through the whole effort of digging graves if they have no intention of putting remains in them? Doesn't make sense.

We are talking the walking dead here though - hmmmm maybe sense doesn't come into it.
    I think Robert Kirkman has it wrong.

They dug the graves (this we saw). If nothing was inside them, then there would be no 'mounts' atop the graves as all the dirt they put in would have filled the holes to the top again (and it would all be nice and flat ~ which it wasn't).

There was no reason for not buying T-Dog, his remains were seen, they ought to have figured out who it was. Carol and Lori; okay I can accept that. Don't know so much about Lori's body, but maybe they buried Carol's scarp (it just took up more room underground that it would have anywhere else). Tardis in the making..?
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samboy wrote: »
    I don't know who it could be on the phone and haven't read the comics, but I'm a bit dubious that its Carol because how would she know what number to call?

I do think she's alive though, it would be unfair to have her killed off-screen for what has been quite an important character in the series.....

Agreed, I think shes still alive. Shes also become a more resiliant character since the end of the last series. I was always hoping she would have a romance with Daryl.

Infact, I still do hope she gets together with him. I think it would be an off-beat yet plausible relationship given thru what they've been thru together. Unfortunately, when I saw Maggie get on his bike, it flashed thru my head that Daryl & Maggie might get it on whilst away on a mission...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    Agreed, I think shes still alive. Shes also become a more resiliant character since the end of the last series. I was always hoping she would have a romance with Daryl.

Infact, I still do hope she gets together with him. I think it would be an off-beat yet plausible relationship given thru what they've been thru together. Unfortunately, when I saw Maggie get on his bike, it flashed thru my head that Daryl & Maggie might get it on whilst away on a mission...

I do hope not.

Maggie and Glenn are perfect together. Maggie has no interest in Daryl, nor he her.

Daryl and Carol, I think great friends more plausible than romantic - but I wouldn't rule it out and would be happy with it. They are two of my favourite characters and I love the comfort they already give each other. A romantic or physical relationship would be an extension of that.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    mr muggles wrote: »

I do hope not.

Maggie and Glenn are perfect together. Maggie has no interest in Daryl, nor he her.

Daryl and Carol, I think great friends more plausible than romantic - but I wouldn't rule it out and would be happy with it. They are two of my favourite characters and I love the comfort they already give each other. A romantic or physical relationship would be an extension of that.

Daryl is way out of Carol's league.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daryl and Carol have the most chemistry because they are both so reluctant to face up to their feelings for each other. I detest those who say Carol is too old. I wonder if Melissa had her long hair would people be so upset about it.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what an awesome episode!

Loved the little chase in the woods between Merle and Michonne.

Can't believe Glenn and Maggie got caught!:eek: Hope they don't get tortured.

Loved the ending with Daryl finding Carol. You could see how much she means to him with the way he was acting before he opened that cell door.

Michonne reaches the prison! Can't wait to find out what happens next week!:eek:
  • Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea is such an annoying woman, always shagging the most vile human beings possible. Expect to see her with Merle next who is proving to be even more psychotic each week.

Really well set up for next week - thought the whole phone call stuff was a bit of an anti-climax but the prison should get interesting with Michonne telling them about Woodbury.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, a decent episode again with a lot of fascinating story, but I think finally a bit of a come down, from all the exhilaration of the previous eps. Time to reflect on some of the shit that's happened, and with lot's of goodies to come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Another fantastic episode.

I can't believe Glenn and Maggie have been kidnapped.

Now that Michonne has met up with Rick and everyone, she will tell them where they are and all hell will break loose. I wonder which side Andrea will be on though? More likely to be the Governor, as lets face it, she never really fit in with Rick's group and they treated her like shit. I don't blame her one bit for thinking the Governor is a nice guy because so far, he's been nothing but nice to her.

Loved the Carol and Daryl reunion. Those saying she's too old or out of his league are deluded. Love and relationships aren't built solely on age and looks and I happen to think Daryl looks like he's got a face like a bag of spanners and Carol is way more attractive than he is.

Can't wait to see the Rick and Michonne team together. The best scene in this episode for me was when Michonne was casually standing next to all the walkers with a basket full of formula. How can Rick not love her for that? :D
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh just watched this weeks which sets us up nicely for next week. Loved the scene with Daryl and Carl talking about their mums. Andrea just just cock-drunk and needs a wake up call.

I was a bit surprised Michonne seemed surprised that the walkers stayed away from her when she was covered in walker blood. Glenn and Rick worked that out in Season one.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I don't blame her one bit for thinking the Governor is a nice guy because so far, he's been nothing but nice to her.

But she threw away the person who kept her safe for months, forgetting the old saying, "dance with the girl what brung ya". Some women will step all over other women for the chance of a shag. Who's to say Andrea shagged Shane not just because she wanted to, but at least in part because she knew he was Lori's "boyfriend"? I wouldn't be too surprised to see her foolish head in a fish tank before too long.

Croctacus wrote: »
    I was a bit surprised Michonne seemed surprised that the walkers stayed away from her when she was covered in walker blood. Glenn and Rick worked that out in Season one.

Not to mention the 2 walkers she kept chained as pack-rats and camouflage.

Apart from the Michonne scenes, I thought this episode was flat. The interminable phone calls were boring. I did amuse myself with the notion that David Morrisey's American accent is a dead ringer for that of Liam Neeson.

Bring on the next episode....
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindset wrote: »

Not to mention the 2 walkers she kept chained as pack-rats and camouflage.

Apart from the Michonne scenes, I thought this episode was flat. The interminable phone calls were boring. I did amuse myself with the notion that David Morrisey's American accent is a dead ringer for that of Liam Neeson.

Bring on the next episode....

Well quite!
    Forum Member
    But she threw away the person who kept her safe for months, forgetting the old saying, "dance with the girl what brung ya". Some women will step all over other women for the chance of a shag. Who's to say Andrea shagged Shane not just because she wanted to, but at least in part because she knew he was Lori's "boyfriend"? I wouldn't be too surprised to see her foolish head in a fish tank before too long.

I think Andrea wasn't given enough information to go on from Michonne about why she was so reluctant to stay in Woodbury. Andrea is at deaths door and they nurse her back to health, find a comfortable bed and all of a sudden Michonne starts banging on about how they have to leave without one piece of evidence why. I would think she was crazy too in the same situation. I like Michonne but so far we have learnt she is not the best communicator but would win a scowling competition hands down.

As for Andrea sleeping with Shane, he taught her how to empower herself through teaching her about guns. Plus he was hot. Shane wasn't sleeping with Lori at this point in the story either. Lori just discarded him as soon as her hubby came back from the dead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    Lori is still a 'series cast member' so would be contracted untill the end of this season. So there would be no problem.

For Lori maybe but not the others like Shane, Dale and Sophia
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I think Andrea wasn't given enough information to go on from Michonne about why she was so reluctant to stay in Woodbury. Andrea is at deaths door and they nurse her back to health, find a comfortable bed and all of a sudden Michonne starts banging on about how they have to leave without one piece of evidence why. I would think she was crazy too in the same situation...

It makes little sense to me to abandon a trusting relationship with a reliable ally, whose instincts had served to keep them both alive for months, for this. Michonne shouldn't have had to do much persuading for Andrea to continue to trust her judgement. Evidently the mere prospect of a shag is worth more than a faithful friendship to a user like Andrea.

As for Andrea sleeping with Shane, he taught her how to empower herself through teaching her about guns.

I think Andrea saw that as foreplay, not empowerment.
    Forum Member
    It makes little sense to me to abandon a trusting relationship with a reliable ally, whose instincts had served to keep them both alive for months, for this. Michonne shouldn't have had to do much persuading for Andrea to continue to trust her judgement. Evidently the mere prospect of a shag is worth more than a faithful friendship to a user like Andrea.

I think Andrea saw that as foreplay, not empowerment.

Michonne was making little to no sense and I don't blame Andrea for not listening to her. Andrea isn't privy to the information that Michonne has on him and she didn't even tell her about her suspicions about the Governors group killing the soldiers. Are we to believe that Andrea is suddenly a mind reader as well as a pretty good shot? I think Andrea genuinely likes the Governor, I don't think it's just "a shag", as you put it. Michonne was too hot headed to stop for a second and explain anything, and wouldn't listen to Andrea's reasons why she wanted to stay in a safe environment.

BIB, and the problem with that IS? For the record, I think it was a little of both. It's always interesting when a woman expresses any kind of sexuality she's labelled a ****, a **** etc. A man does it and he's the epitome of everything good and just. Shane was sleeping with his best friend's wife and attempted to sexually molest her, yet Andrea's the bad guy for wanting a leg over? :D
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found myself a bit distracted by Andrea's sleeves this week, I don't normally notice continuity errors (make that almost never) but her straps were all over the place in her first scene. I've started to find the Governor attractive, heads in boxes notwithstanding. I don't blame Andrea at all for getting it on with him.

I hope the phone calls were just to bring Rick to his senses, loved Daryl's man to man with Carl, had forgotten that Merle was Daryl's brother. And really liked Michonne's appearance at the fence - especially since she had the baby supplies with her, she's going to be a terrific addition to the group.