Queen in Hospital

Comments

• PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    She is not even My Queen and I have respect for an 86 year old woman who is unwell >Hope she feels better soon .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DSWNSM wrote: »
    Look, just because people don't have the same opinion as you about the Queen it doesn't mean you have to have a go at anyone. :rolleyes:

I'm sure if she was fed up with it all she would have quit by now.

Its not as easy as that, you cannot just quite if you feel like it. Her quitting would be big.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope you get well soon Ma'am.

Having the Norovirus at any age is bad enough, but at 86 it's going to be serious. I hope she makes it........

Didn't she visit a hospital recently ? If so, I'd lay odds that's where she picked it up from.
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is 86 and still gets up everyday to travel miles and miles to talk to people and shake hands over and over. You might not think that hard work but I could not do it at 55 let alone 86

Well if all she is doing is talking to people and shaking peoples hands then that is the easiest job in the world, at 86 anyone can do that :p
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if all she is doing is talking to people and shaking peoples hands then that is the easiest job in the world, at 86 anyone can do that :p

I would like to see you do it day after day, year after year, decade after decade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    Its not as easy as that, you cannot just quite if you feel like it. Her quitting would be big.

Why ? what's to stop her saying "that's it, i've had enough" ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see you do it day after day, year after year, decade after decade.

Talking to people and shaking their hands :confused: yeah ok i'll take the job then. I could name a hundred jobs harder than that.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Why ? what's to stop her saying "that's it, i've had enough" ?

She takes her position seriously is probably the answer you're looking for.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she gets better soon

My poor 83yr old Mum had this last week :( Good job she was here visiting us ,where we could look after her or else she would've been all on her own
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ic wrote: »
    I bet she works harder than a lot of the gobshites on here.

I'd stay away from gambling if I was you, I don't think you'd be very successful at it.:D
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking to people and shaking their hands :confused: yeah ok i'll take the job then. I could name a hundred jobs harder than that.

Yes and at the end of their day they don't have a cook, cleaner, chauffeur and nanny either....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or wipe her own bum.

Didn't/doesn't Charles have a servant holding and shaking his when he goes to the loo?! I'm sure I once saw a news story of which that was part of the revelation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    Or wipe her own bum.

Didn't/doesn't Charles have a servant holding and shaking his when he goes to the loo?! I'm sure I once saw a news story of which that was part of the revelation.

Surely they don't have people wiping their own asses. Why would they let people do that ? it would be the most embarrassing thing ever. :p
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or wipe her own bum.

and you really believe everything that you see/read in the media?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that's what people up north called their mothers!:D

You address the Queen as Ma'am, pronounced 'Marm' (reminds me of that line from Waiting for Godot: 'Calm! Calm! The English say 'Cawm'!')

i was told it was Mam as in Jam, not Ma'am as in arm
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or wipe her own bum.

it was a story about having someone put toothpaste on his toothbrush for him, and it was recently proven false along with countless of other silly rumours
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    i was told it was Mam as in Jam, not Ma'am as in arm

You're right, whoever told you was correct. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and you really believe everything that you see/read in the media?

No, but I can more than quite easily believe that.
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    tothegrand wrote: »

Sorry, but surely she can do as she wants?

If she refuses to continue doing the job then really who is actually going to do anything about it?

They can't physically force an 86 year old woman to do something, they won't shoot her if she refuses to go out and meet some school kids, they are hardly going to lock her up. If they did then all she would have to do is throw in a few "fu*ks" in to a speech and they'd soon get rid of her.

If she woke up tomorrow and decided she'd had enough all they would do is honour that and move on to the next over privileged person in line. Yes it would be a big thing (for those who care, I personally won't bat an eyelid) but you can't force someone to do these things. If she hated it she would have stepped down long ago, she would make sure she wasn't suitable for the job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    it was a story about having someone put toothpaste on his toothbrush for him, and it was recently proven false along with countless of other silly rumours

'Proved false' by the royal PR spin machine more like.

'It's okay people it wasn't really true, because we say so. Now back to your caves serfs.' Oh okay your lordship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    She'll be shitting rusty water at the moment. I had gasto last year and it was awful.

I feel sick:eek:
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on Sky News says " We should all wash out hands after being to the loo" :eek:.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she is not everybody is equal I don't care who you are

I think you'll find that is not how it works.

She's the Queen, and will get the best there is.

It is an awful illness, but hopefully she will soon recover.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I think you'll find that is not how it works.

She's the Queen, and will get the best there is.

It is an awful illness, but hopefully she will soon recover.

she will be sore for weeks..hope she has some good cream to put on :o
  • icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look, just because people don't have the same opinion as you about the Queen it doesn't mean you have to have a go at anyone. :rolleyes:

The last time I looked this was a public forum .If people can wish her dead and bad will I can have a go at anyone I want .If you don't like it you're in the wrong place .