new channels

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
Forum Member
✭✭
ive had talk talk freeview for past 6 months and keep getting message to update box 4th sep ive noticed that theres a new itv prog comeing oct is there a web site that tells you woat new channels are comeing soon ples help any one:)

Comments

• niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive had talk talk freeview for past 6 months and keep getting message to update box 4th sep ive noticed that theres a new itv prog comeing oct is there a web site that tells you woat new channels are comeing soon ples help any one:)

This is all I've found:
    http://www.freeview.co.uk/articles/help/freeview-tv-guide-channel-updates.html

Nothing about what new channels are coming.
  • kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 2,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing about what new channels are coming.

ITVBe, CBS Action, TBN, Pop+1
  • David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The big channel shake-up today is a Freeview thing - which affects YouView, of course, because most of what we see is Freeview. It is moving the children's and news channels to different slots to make room for new entertainment channels. Your box should receive these new channels automatically as they appear, but it might be as well to do a manual channel scan this afternoon to make sure because so many channels are moving.

Of channels known to be coming, CBS Action is one that subscribers already get as an internet channel if they take the Plus package. Whether that continues remains to be seen. This is conjecture on my part, but I would not be surprised to find that the four current free internet channels (CBS Reality +1, CBS Action, CBS Drama and Horror) all move to Freeview as space becomes available on the transmitters.

The other new one, TBN, is a religious channel.

Channels come and go all the time. If they are successful, they stay. If they are not, they tend to disappear quite quickly. Some so-called 'channels' are really placeholders for something else that the broadcasters have up their sleeve, but are not ready to launch yet.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITVBe is new but it's bound to be rubbish so I've left it out of my favourites list.
  • jedi.warriorjedi.warrior Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    If CBS Action disappears as an internet channel I will be Pi$$ed as ware we live we can only get 25 or so freeview channels from the areal, we cant even get CBS reality, or Pick, or Quest, or DAVE! so we have to rely on the internet channels to get Action and the only way to watch DAVE is through the catch up service on the box,

Gee its great living in the armpit of no ware:D