The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    It's nice to see go down get some AirPlay on bbc xtra and capital xtra on a daily basis ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Wow. Some of you guys sound like complete whiners. I just gave Renegade a listen and it sounded completely fine. I'm quite addicted tbh. Alex can't win because all you guys do is complain.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Some of you guys sound like complete whiners. I just gave Renegade a listen and it sounded completely fine. I'm quite addicted tbh. Alex can't win because all you guys do is complain.

She could win if she actually invested in good producers. Sorry we appreciate quality music. I'm a fan, not a stan so I don't appreciate every song she does.

However, Can We Go Down can do better in production but I'm still jamming to it. Catch as well
  • ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    You can say what you want but (as Shoed already said) Can We Go Down is getting this really nice airplay and I love it. It's been a while since she has been on radio with her song. Last time It was with Elephant I guess? So like realy. This is good. And the song is really catchy. It's a grower also...

Im really looking forward to hearing this new "hallelujah/the silence" song and to seeing video to Renegade!
  • volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    youtube, in 10 days:
    Renegade 4000 views (6 videos combined)
    Can We Go Down 4000 views alone - smash:)! She better release video for CWGD, it might get some coverage on blogs and web
    Forum Member
    Yes CWGD video is doing so good on YT too! I hope that this is visual EP, so we can get videos to all the songs! That would be so great!
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad the new material is getting a fairly good reception, even though it is not my cup of tea at all.
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally cant wait to hear Aint That Right! She better spill tea on Jermain and RCA. When it comes to wanting to get your feeling heard its best to sing about them rather than tell them through an article cause the have power to manipulate or scrutinise what you say.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    So are we getting the video anytime soon?
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As Soe has said, once she actually releases something truly great then I'll give her nothing but praise. I like Can We Go Down even if I find the lyrics a bit cringe worthy coming from Alex. The sound is definitely the route she should be going down. Renegade however is not good in my opinion. I actually prefer Seduce You and Bounty Hunter (even if their production was poor). If Alex has any sense, she'll keep pushing Can We Go Down and not focus on Renegade as much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its crazy how times change. This time last year we were all looking forward to a new video and label.

Tbh I would love Alex to do a festival this year even if its a small platform just to get back on the public's good side. At the end of the day Alex will never be loved by the public, but really which star is. Its about showcasing your talent. Tbh I like the approach Leona took. First laying it all out bare, then looking and securing a deal, now potentially releasing a good album.
    One thing that seems weird to me is that Alex has said she "firmly has a her gloves back on" but is in a musical.
    Forum Member
    One thing that seems weird to me is that Alex has said she "firmly has a her gloves back on" but is in a musical.

Well I guess that gloves are not for her fight to get back on top of the charts. I think is more about creating new image of her. She's saying goodbye to the old Alex, now she can be truly herself. And the gloves suggest that she is a fighter, rebel, the renegade.
    At least that's how I understand it.

Oh how I can't wait for Renegade. Music video.. Also Im looking forward to Ain't That Right.
    She'll be rapping right? Wow. Fingers crossed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes going to Paris next week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any questions for her? Some reporter is interviewing her
    Forum Member
    This thread is so dead. wow.

Well she wont answer any of my questions since they're all mostly about her music..
    Does she want to release third album independent? Is the EP visual as she wanted it to be? What does she has do in Paris?
    Recently she posted something about "busy morning with Renegade" or sth. I'd like to know what was she doing... I mean. What can be done to a EP that is already finished?
    Forum Member
    Where even does the visual EP rumours come from?
    Forum Member
    There was an interview with her and she said that she is considering making visual EP. 6 songs and 6 videos.
    So those are not rumors, those are her words :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71_bUm3bEIU - 01:00
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Leona just got signed to Def Jam. 😒
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We have known for months on Leona's thread thanks to insiders, but its just now being made public. It does prove what many have said on here though, sometimes an artist will sign a deal and it gets kept under wraps.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

She was bound to be resigned. She played the game right and also sold massively globally (for a time). Everyone knows Syco ruined her (until now we hope). Alex on the other hand didn't play things right, sadly. There were other factors, but many were in her control too. It's sad she doesn't have a label backing her.
    Forum Member
    There was an interview with her and she said that she is considering making visual EP. 6 songs and 6 videos.
    So those are not rumors, those are her words :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71_bUm3bEIU - 01:00
    oh right!

(Still rumours tho since she didn't confirm it, just considering)
    Forum Member
    Yes. That's why I wonder if it will be true :) That would be good. Can We Go Down is doing just fine. Music video would be very good idea :)
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was just watching her Jessie Ware cover again. It's barely got 60,000 views and get YouTube account urself had only 41,000 subscribers. That's absolutely terrible. I'm not deluded about her return to the charts...I know it will pretty much never happen now...I'm hust happy to have her releasing music she wants to release independently. However, those numbers are awful. Once upon a time millions of people voted for her to win X Factor, and now she has barely 41,000 people subscribed to her YouTube account and struggles to get decent numbers of views on her videos. Goes to show how much went wrong for her. It's so sad.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Was just watching her Jessie Ware cover again. It's barely got 60,000 views and get YouTube account urself had only 41,000 subscribers. That's absolutely terrible. I'm not deluded about her return to the charts...I know it will pretty much never happen now...I'm hust happy to have her releasing music she wants to release independently. However, those numbers are awful. Once upon a time millions of people voted for her to win X Factor, and now she has barely 41,000 people subscribed to her YouTube account and struggles to get decent numbers of views on her videos. Goes to show how much went wrong for her. It's so sad.

She never really used that personal account properly post-Overcome. Her social media isn't growing because she's not promoting things properly.

I feel this is why she'll never come back properly, she is very out of touch with modern ways of promotion. After the label things all fell through, it showed she had no game plan, nor knew what to do. If Renegade (in terms of the photos) was released under KWL, she may have had a shot at being signed to a major.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    She seems to be really focused on the Bodyguard just on. I think musical theatre will be the road she chooses to go down. It's the happiest she's been in a long time.