Options

Do you like to be out and about early?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mountain_RunnerMountain_Runner Posts: 1,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way. I get up quite late because if I got up early is have a long boring day ahead. At present its raining so I'm stuck indoors on the Ipad getting bored.
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love being up early. I used to have terrible sleeping patterns (4am - 12pm-ish), but when I was in hospital last year I switched completely. We had to be up at 6am in the Acute ward for weigh-in and I liked it, so even when I moved to the Progression side of the ward and no longer had daily weigh-ins I started getting up early. I used to set my alarm for 5am, be up, dressed and ready by 5:45am-ish, play some Bananagrams (a word game) to relax, read, do some uni work, go down to the garden, and have much energy by about 7:30am, it's my favourite part of the day. :)

I'm on medication now which makes me sleep for ages (around 11-12 hours every night) so I tend to wake up around 9am now, and I miss that part of the day.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I am up during the night and I'm no use to anybody before noon.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    No I hate it. I need a good 45 minutes in bed before I even consider getting out.

When I left for work this morning, my neighbour was washing his car at 7.45 on a Bank Holiday. Go back to bed man!
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I am up during the night and I'm no use to anybody before noon.

Exactly like me
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I often worked a 3 shift system so I used to sleep at various times.

These days I go to bed very late and get up very late. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i had late night and set the alarm to get up..I like going out first thing as it's quiet..I hate busy times round the shops, get back then ..Up early for work anyway in the week so im used to getting up..I do like having lie in too though but my lie in is between 8 and 9,30 , or when my bladder wants emptying lol
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always up early it's the best part of the day even on holidays
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    I'm an early bird, even on holidays I'm up by about 7am at the latest. I love it when im up and the rest of the house is asleep especially in the summer when I can sit out in the garden with my coffee listening to the birds.
    Agree.

I now have to be up by 7 am, at the latest.

Even just gone 5 past, and I feel like a **** :D
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. Generally I like to get things done before midday. Whether it's shopping or a trip out, I like to start early and get back for lunch if possible. I prefer not to take the car out after that as some scum-sucking low-life wazzock of a neighbour will shove his old wreck into my parking spot.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Yes. Generally I like to get things done before midday. Whether it's shopping or a trip out, I like to start early and get back for lunch if possible. I prefer not to take the car out after that as some scum-sucking low-life wazzock of a neighbour will shove his old wreck into my parking spot.

Sounds like you're living for your car man...
  • Options
    zedzzedz Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Love an empty beach first thing in the morning
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate early mornings. I always have. Even as a child I'd have to be dragged from my bed :D I always wake up between 5-6am, take the dogs to the yard then go back to bed until it's time to get ready for work. I prefer going out in the afternoon and evening - the light and the birdsong is incredible :)
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    If we go to the shops we are there early, 9am or so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zedz wrote: »
    Love an empty beach first thing in the morning

just scanned reading that i thought you said bench then i would have said do you like drinking your booze on the bench :blush::D
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like early mornings but just can't be ARSED getting up but when i am they are glorious the lovely breakfast, the promise of a new day, the smell of the bush, the birds singing the fist pee of the day or the first stretch
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    i like early mornings but just can't be ARSED getting up but when i am they are glorious the lovely breakfast, the promise of a new day, the smell of the bush, the birds singing the fist pee of the day or the first stretch

Fist pee?...:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If we go to the shops we are there early, 9am or so

me too..or i go straight from work , it's still early :D

Welcome back btw :D
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Did Ebony get banned for excessive hamster chat?...

The mods are cracking down on that...
  • Options
    1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly the only mornings I feel like sleeping on is work mornings. Come the weekend can't wait to get up.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fist pee?...:o

Never mind that...the smelly bush?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I've had a good sleep then early is fine, but I do hate routine
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    I am definitely an early morning person, I am up four mornings a week by 5am and in the gym by 6.45.

I do find myself dozing off around 2pm, but most foreign country's have a siesta around that time so it seems natural to have a cat nap in front of the TV, and I wake up feeling refreshed after a quick doze. :)
  • Options
    tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, there is nothing better than going for a long walk down to the beach at around six in the morning. Everything is calm and peaceful, I can watch dolphins and seals and there is nobody to bother me. Best time of the day and then the rest of the world wakes up and ruins it.

I totally agree with the above. I am fortunate in that I work from home (graphic design), and stick to the same routine 7 days a week - I am up early every morning and off with my two doodles, we usually have a six mile long beach all to ourselves. Which is just as well as my nine month old Labradoodle greets every person and dog as a long lost relative and our walks can sometimes take forever:blush:.

I come home do a little work in my office, and we are out again in the afternoons - bliss...

I am glad I live in Northumberland, the most sparsely populated county in England and our many beaches usually have just a handful of people on them at most.