George Michael/Wham week - A bit of a rant

louloubelle1978louloubelle1978 Posts: 703
Forum Member
✭✭
Right I appologise before I start...

But WTF is up with tonights episode??? George Micheal/Wham have produced some of the greatest pop songs of all time and yet most of tonights lot managed to murder them :mad:
If I had to exempt anyone from contributing less than a 10 person body count to this horror show massacre, it has to be Joe and Jedward. Jedward because they at least managed to capture the cheesy fun poppiness of the song, an element that Mr Micheal said was the appeal Wham had.
Pains me to say, but I've liked Stacy and Olly in previous weeks, but tonight I've been:eek:
These guys on this show are hoping to be today's massive next big thing - pop stars in the making. If they can't master these types of classic pop songs, then god help them (or us)
This week would have been a great week to showcase this, but the evening was just woeful.

All this is of course in my humble opinion:) and I guess I'm cheesed off at how some of my fave songs by one of my fave singers/group/writer were handled:o

Comments

• Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wham were a poor man's John and Edward...
  • missSkymissSky Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    just goes to show how poor the standard is.
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all sounded like a group of pub singers tonight.

I felt like it was new years eve and everyone was bazooked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree, had high hopes for this week but I think it's the worst I've ever seen.

Will now listen to some GM, to remember how it's supposed to be done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    George Michael is a legend. His voice (seen him live too) is amazing. Above all, he has perfect pitch and timing. I said to hubby before the show - "none of them will be able to cope with George", and they didn't! Ollie was embarrassing. Lloyd couldn't get the perfect timing of "Faith"...and Joe did well, with an Elton George song, which in my opinion he sang better than Elton, but didn't touch George's version.

Danyl did the best - because he didn't try to compete - he took a great hit and gave it a twist. Tonight sorted the men from the boys.....about time too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Agreed. Almost impossible to compete with George Michaels vocals and the show suffered as a result. Not Danyls biggest fan but thought he was the best by far
  • marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking watching joe that this is really good but why is he singing an Elton John song in George Michael week. If they're going to sing random stuff then what's the point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Blonde wrote: »

Sweet.
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    Mr Blonde wrote: »

bulls$it

come back when J&E has had the success wham! has had (and i mean just Wham!)
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marie67 wrote: »
    I was thinking watching joe that this is really good but why is he singing an Elton John song in George Michael week. If they're going to sing random stuff then what's the point.

Who cares really, when atleast it provided a performance that wasn't woeful.

It's gone so BB now the show that they might as well introduce the "BB can change the rules at any time" rule ;)