'Midwife from hell' poured milk over baby as punishment for vomiting on her

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BPL2011 wrote: »
    I can kind of see why she would do this. If someone threw up on me I would probably react the same.

A baby? I have a real problem with this kind of attitude. Small children can't control these natural responses in fact I'd say there are few adults who can control the 'vomit reaction'

This woman is a total disgrace to the profession, anyone who does this kind of thing (if found guilty) should be struck off, serve a period in prison and make a face to face apology to the victim and/or the parents.

There is simply no excuse for behaving in this kind of way, even to speak of reacting this way is reprehensible.

By the way personally I like the Daily Mail its readable-ness is very refreshing.
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    There are lots and lots of things that make me furious and/or want to weep for the state of the world. This isn't one of them. The person's alleged actions, if true, are very unpleasant, but 'mid-wife from hell'? Sorry, no. Must be a slow news day.

She is accused of assaulting an infant. What kind of moron takes revenge on a helpless baby? Someone who needs sectioned or a spell in jail.
    Perhaps one day you will have a child and maybe one day it will fall into the hands of someone like this - I';d be interested to hear your reaction then.
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a1974 wrote: »
    Iv seen that done before my friend was baby sitting for is sisters kids cant remember what they did wrong? he walked up to one of them syck is fingers down is throat and threw up all over one of them:confused:

See my popst above. Your friend is a deranged individual.
    Did you do anything about it when he did this?
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    put her in prison, and never let her work with children again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    BPL2011 wrote: »
    I can kind of see why she would do this. If someone threw up on me I would probably react the same.

You do realize babies throw up all the time? It's what they do, they can't help it. If you can't deal with it without reacting aggressively then you absolutely shouldn't be a midwife.
  • EsensuelleEsensuelle Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, no. I didn't say that, did I?

I wish I hadn't mentioned the Mail at all now. The level of intelligence in the replies here is also a stark reminder of why I recently took a brief break from the forums. :rolleyes:

Bloody hell, when did you manage to take a "break," with 700 odd posts to your name all done last month? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    See my popst above. Your friend is a deranged individual.
    Did you do anything about it when he did this?

No they were little teenage bastards I think one of the threw up over the younger one and my friend did it back to him. I was shocked though
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Esensuelle wrote: »
    Bloody hell, when did you manage to take a "break," with 700 odd posts to your name all done last month? :D

Ohhhh..Fight!:D
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the allegations are true, it is not just the one thing. She has also been accuses of swearing at patients relatives, breaching confidentiality, breaking professional boundaries

Dearie me, should have read the damned link.

:o
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful. She should be sacked. Poor baby :(
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Esensuelle wrote: »

If you have to resort to personal insults because you dislike my opinion, I'm not sure why I'm bothering to reply to you.
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Why do you need to apologise for the daily mail link?

Because it's a monstrous rag that prints only semi-truths?
  • DarthDorkDarthDork Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have to resort to personal insults because you dislike my opinion, I'm not sure why I'm bothering to reply to you.

It looks like a question to me, not an insult, and your opinion wasn't even commenetd on. :)
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DarthDork wrote: »
    It looks like a question to me, not an insult, and your opinion wasn't even commenetd on. :)

Fair enough to the bit in bold, but the comment about my post count is obviously a dig and I don't appreciate it. I shouldn't have to justify the amount of time I spend on here, or why, to anyone. I feel very uncomfortable thanks to the remark and I think I'm ready to give up DS entirely, to be honest. I'm clearly too sensitive for the place and some sort of target for people like that.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a1974 wrote: »
    No they were little teenage bastards I think one of the threw up over the younger one and my friend did it back to him. I was shocked though

Sorry, but anyone who would do that clearly has some serious issues.
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjm wrote: »
    'midwife from hell', quite an exageration.

yeah there's a lot worse you could do .but if guilty should be struck off.
    My own experience on the receiving end of midwives is some were excellent,some were acceptable,and a few were cruel.
  • EsensuelleEsensuelle Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How did I insult you exactly? :confused:

Dood I'm really am not that bothered by your opinion really. I just found what you said rather funny. You're going to have a hard time on here if you're going to allow yourself to get so touchy.
    hooter wrote: »
    Ohhhh..Fight!:D

tsk tsk - stirrer! :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    chrisjm wrote: »
    'midwife from hell', quite an exageration.

Are you for crying out loud serious??

Christ, I thought she was bad but if people are prepared to come on here and defend her I despair.

That stupid, abusive horrendous bitch, and you are prepared to say that someone who abuses a new-born should be defended.

Good luck to you and I seriously hope you are not in a position where you are in charge of vulnerable babies, children or adults.:mad::mad::mad:
  • yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you for crying out loud serious??

Christ, I thought she was bad but if people are prepared to come on here and defend her I despair.

That stupid, abusive horrendous bitch, and you are prepared to say that someone who abuses a new-born should be defended.

Good luck to you and I seriously hope you are not in a position where you are in charge of vulnerable babies, children or adults.:mad::mad::mad:

A bit OTT, the FM just said he/she thought being called the midwife from hell was an exaggeration. He did not defend her actions
    Forum Member
    A bit OTT, the FM just said he/she thought being called the midwife from hell was an exaggeration. He did not defend her actions

Why in God's name though would you think it was your business to say it was an exaggeration?

What the heck does anyone expect from a midwife except care and duty - presumably this one was only a four out of ten in the badness factor.

Aawh - Now I have had time to mull it over - you're right, she wasn't that bad - she only squirted liquid in the new-born's eyes.

It's actually not that bad now that I come to think of it - at least she didn't strangle the baby - come to think of it she should be awarded for her lenient attitude to a baby!!
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -deleted- the above post made even less sense that I thought.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    There are lots and lots of things that make me furious and/or want to weep for the state of the world. This isn't one of them. The person's alleged actions, if true, are very unpleasant, but 'mid-wife from hell'? Sorry, no. Must be a slow news day.

She abused a defenceless infant , a horrible assault on a baby who has just arrived to this world .Yes, there are worse things but this is far more than unpleasant ,its abuse of power and simply a cowardly attack
    I worked with infants all my life , we were so careful to keep them warm, safe, pain free, comfy , secure and loved .I would be outraged if any of my colleagues treated them with anything less than utter respect and love .
    Forum Member
    She abused a defenceless infant , a horrible assault on a baby who has just arrived to this world .Yes, there are worse things but this is far more than unpleasant ,its abuse of power and simply a cowardly attack
    I worked with infants all my life , we were so careful to keep them warm, safe, pain free, comfy , secure and loved .I would be outraged if any of my colleagues treated them with anything less than utter respect and love .

Thanks PP for your sensible and sensitive post - some of the answers on here are making me lose my rag!!!
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has the hearing concluded yet, does anyone know? Has she been found guilty, as most people on here assume she is?
  • yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why in God's name though would you think it was your business to say it was an exaggeration?

What the heck does anyone expect from a midwife except care and duty - presumably this one was only a four out of ten in the badness factor.

Aawh - Now I have had time to mull it over - you're right, she wasn't that bad - she only squirted liquid in the new-born's eyes.

It's actually not that bad now that I come to think of it - at least she didn't strangle the baby - come to think of it she should be awarded for her lenient attitude to a baby!!

This is forum so any FM can comment on any post as long as they do not break the rules so your first paragraph is ludicrous.

In addition I did not say I thought the term 'Midwife from Hell' was an exaggeration, I was pointing out although the poster you were replying to said that, he was not condoning her actions.

I thought the midwifes alleged actions were despicable and if she is proven guilty she should be struck of the register and therefore lose her job

Your outrage has affected your ability to read people's posts properly