Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    One of my best friends now lives in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, who came downstairs one morning to find an envelope on his doorstep. Opens the envelope and inside reads a handwritten card along the lines of:

'Hi guys, we have just moved into the neighborhood and we wanted to give you notice of a house-warming party we are having next weekend, so it might get a little noisy. You are more than welcome to attend, but in the mean time we hope you enjoy this gift as an apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you.'
    Signed Dave Grohl and Jordyn Blum.

Next to the card on the doorstep was a bottle of Cristal Champagne. There was one on every doorstep on the street. Guy's a class act.

Never heard anything but good things about that man, a total class act
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    :o

You never can really tell, I guess.

You can't. I met Rolf Harris years ago at a craft fair. Both he and I were there as chauffeurs and bag-carriers for our partners. I had heard that he didn't like to be "recognised" when he was off-duty, and so I didn't talk about painting or cartoons, or Jake the Peg. We just had a pleasant chat for about 15 minutes while we were bored. He came across as shy, but polite and very funny, in a subtle way. When the charges became public, my gob was well and truly smacked.
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    You can't. I met Rolf Harris years ago at a craft fair. Both he and I were there as chauffeurs and bag-carriers for our partners. I had heard that he didn't like to be "recognised" when he was off-duty, and so I didn't talk about painting or cartoons, or Jake the Peg. We just had a pleasant chat for about 15 minutes while we were bored. He came across as shy, but polite and very funny, in a subtle way. When the charges became public, my gob was well and truly smacked.

I knew someone who interviewed him for a magazine within the last decade or so and seemed to have a positive opinion of him as a nice guy and a professional. But then she was nearer his age -(actually older than him) and possibly the interview was mostly done on the phone.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was surprised about Rolf, but I wasnt surprised about Savile.
  • tellymadmantellymadman Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Shane Richie lives near me and is very stuck up. Gives the don't you know who I am treatment. Dame Judi Dench is lovely. Shane Lynch is nice
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I saw this quote from the late B.B. King. A lot of people in showbiz could learn from his words:
    “When you get on that stage, you’re KING KONG! The stage is yours and you should own it and protect it. You are the best! The minute you leave that stage, leave that ego and that attitude right there on that stage. Don’t ever take it with you. It’ll be there, waiting for you next time! Cause no one wants to deal with someone who carries that ego around.”
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3093594/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-s-red-hot-s-PR-firm-split-Sheridan.html

Rather surprising if true given all the positive comments about her on this thread.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3093594/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-s-red-hot-s-PR-firm-split-Sheridan.html

Rather surprising if true given all the positive comments about her on this thread.

Maybe Sheridan is one of those people who is great with her fans (quite rightly) and just doesn't have much time for PR people! Who does? I mean what do PR people do? Apart from Edina Monsoon's input 'We PR people!!!!' I'm not really any the wiser! :D
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shane Richie lives near me and is very stuck up. Gives the don't you know who I am treatment. Dame Judi Dench is lovely. Shane Lynch is nice

I can imagine that Shane Richie is not a very nice person.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Met Olly Alexander from Years and Years about about an hour ago on a train, genuinely lovely guy
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Sheridan is one of those people who is great with her fans (quite rightly) and just doesn't have much time for PR people! Who does? I mean what do PR people do? Apart from Edina Monsoon's input 'We PR people!!!!' I'm not really any the wiser! :D

Circulate stories in the media about how nice Sheridan is. :p
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    Circulate stories in the media about how nice Sheridan is. :p

It seems the people on here who've said nice things about her - have met her first-hand - without the interference of these 'PR' people.

I'm neither one way or the other on her to be honest - I find her a bit too omni-present for my liking (familiarity breeds contempt and all that!) but I'd take the word of a joe-public that has met her face to face than the word of some highly paid 'PR' person (who is only saying what they say because they're paid for it)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Cilla's PR works overtime for her!

On the subject of Titchmarsh, Bbc Wm's Mollie Green was at Chelsea this week, & recorded a few interviews with celebs including Titchmarsh, I'd be interested to know if that sort of interview with your average local radio bod is covered within your PR.

The interviews were conducted on the press day, which was Monday, but from what Mollie was saying on air, that any old celeb turned up!

Would I be correct in thinking that 'press day' doubles up as the day that celebs can turn up & not be bothered by us rank & file?

Wouldnt class the likes of Titchmarsh & Jo Lumley as 'press' would you?
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was waiting for someone to stick the boot in with Sheridan (not you, dodrade). Seems that the British media can't let anyone go too far to the top without ripping a shred off them. A 'source' said this or that- nothing concrete. Just speculation. Typical. She could have split with her agents/ PR for all kinds of reasons. Could be that they've engineered this because they've lost a popular client and don't like it.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Budgerigars please! :p

I remember Geoff Capes getting a bit shirty with Noel Edmonds on Swap Shop many years ago when Noel referred to them as Budgies and Geoff insisting that they should only be called budgerigars. I thought at the time he didn't come across as too pleasant.
    He always struck me as abrupt and up himself. That sports day in Whitehaven he was just like a fat has been and was only there for his fee.
    On a different note, has anyone met Grace Jones? I'd love to know what she's like in person.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An interesting one is Jon Pertwee. For about 15 years after he stopped being Doctor Who, he hated being reminded of it and my friend Tony asked him at a steam rally at Kendal about his time on the show and for all he wasn't nasty, asked him to talk about Worzel Gummidge instead. However, in the last few years of his life, JP was more than happy to go to conventions and act in character.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    He always struck me as abrupt and up himself. That sports day in Whitehaven he was just like a fat has been and was only there for his fee.
    On a different note, has anyone met Grace Jones? I'd love to know what she's like in person.

Of course I haven't met her .....sorry but someone told me she was very lightfingered.
    Has anyone else heard that about her? :)
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well that article doesn't really suggest she's 'hard to work with' because she's an unpleasant person or acts in a not very nice way. It talks more about her partying lifestyle which points more to maybe an issue with her work ethic.

That maybe it's her getting on too well with people that is the problem?
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course I haven't met her .....sorry but someone told me she was very lightfingered.
    Has anyone else heard that about her? :)

Light fingered! You mean she stole things?
  • gladysbachgladysbach Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Who cares what these people are like! Why imbue the sort of work they do with such importance. Special people are those who care for others with no thought for themselves.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    An interesting one is Jon Pertwee. For about 15 years after he stopped being Doctor Who, he hated being reminded of it and my friend Tony asked him at a steam rally at Kendal about his time on the show and for all he wasn't nasty, asked him to talk about Worzel Gummidge instead. However, in the last few years of his life, JP was more than happy to go to conventions and act in character.

Poor old Jon Pertwee was terrified of being typecast, and always felt that he had stayed in the role too long. It took him a long time to embrace his "inner Doctor" after he had finished the job.
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    He does come across as a very nice person & what a personal anecdote about a celeb! Best 1 yet Id say!!

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Light fingered! You mean she stole things?

Well.............. suppose I do.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gladysbach wrote: »
    Who cares what these people are like! Why imbue the sort of work they do with such importance. Special people are those who care for others with no thought for themselves.

YOU do obviously.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't be posting in the Showbiz forum.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor old Jon Pertwee was terrified of being typecast, and always felt that he had stayed in the role too long. It took him a long time to embrace his "inner Doctor" after he had finished the job.

You didn't see him on TV much after WG, didn't you, the odd guest role & interview, that was it.

(I haven't forgotten the Dr Who 80's & 90's stuff. I was classing those as guest roles!)