Chinese Take Away Tonight

I know there is a thread about Chinese Buffets.... but I hope I am asking a different question.....

I am having a Chinese tonight and want to try something different. My "usuals" are:

Singapore (Hot and Spicy) Fried Rice/Chow Mein
Chicken Satay
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Chicken Curry
Chicken Fried Rice/Chow Mein

(i know, I obviously like chicken):rolleyes:

Am not too keenon Foo Youngnor Chop Suey....

Any recommendations?

Thanks
xx

Comments

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about something in black bean sauce?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linz1973 wrote: »
    I know there is a thread about Chinese Buffets.... but I hope I am asking a different question.....

I am having a Chinese tonight and want to try something different. My "usuals" are:

Singapore (Hot and Spicy) Fried Rice/Chow Mein
    Chicken Satay
    Sweet and Sour Chicken
    Chicken Curry
    Chicken Fried Rice/Chow Mein

(i know, I obviously like chicken):rolleyes:

Am not too keenon Foo Youngnor Chop Suey....

Any recommendations?

Thanks
    xx

Yes Linzy, ive recommendation for you dont have it.. Honestly my stomach suffers the day after?xx
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twofnine wrote: »
    Yes Linzy, ive recommendation for you dont have it.. Honestly my stomach suffers the day after?xx

I don;t seem to be too bad with Chinese, tbh..... sometimes an Indian "gets me" though!
  • JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooooh! i love chinese, why don't you try a fillet steak in cantonese sauce, it's fab.

i also love chicken chow mein, and it's relatively healthy!
  • TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beef in a szechuan's sauce is gorgeous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lemon Chicken or chicken and Pineaple goes down well in my house. Beef in mushrooms is yum too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lemon Chicken or chicken and Pineaple goes down well in my house. Beef in mushrooms is yum too.

always wanted to try lemon chicken but never had, what's it like? is it deep friend like sweet and sour?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JOHNOR wrote: »
    always wanted to try lemon chicken but never had, what's it like? is it deep friend like sweet and sour?

No, it is thin strips of chicken in a sauce. It is not too sharp and the sauce is thick, nice mixed with the rice. that is how it is served in our local chinese.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... I decided on having their Thai Sweet Chilli Chicken with Cashew nuts and egg fried rice. They have a very small Thai selection....

It was hot and spicy but delicious.... I must give some of your other suggestions a try some time....

Thanks for your responses.

Now I feel so sluggish and tired after eating too much!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    im having chicken chow mein and bbq ribs tonight:p Im gonna have to tell a few porkies at rosemary conley slimming club on tuesday lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linz1973 wrote: »
    Well.... I decided on having their Thai Sweet Chilli Chicken with Cashew nuts and egg fried rice. They have a very small Thai selection....

It was hot and spicy but delicious.... I must give some of your other suggestions a try some time....

Thanks for your responses.

Now I feel so sluggish and tired after eating too much!

mmmm! what else did you get?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JOHNOR wrote: »
    mmmm! what else did you get?

OH got curried chicken breast with chips and we shared the rice and chips... out local gives out such big portions of food..... I won't need to eat anything else for the weekend:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i feel like spring rolls and king do ribs, i am going to order my chinese now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one portion between two people (still too much though)

1 portion boiled rice
    1 chicken curry
    1 Beef & mushroom curry
    1 sweet/sour chicken
    1 pancake roll

Ummmmmmmmmm :D