9150T (1.00.10 software)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I bought a 9150T from Argos at the end of September had it for around 7 weeks, after awhile had problems with recordings sticking, anyway this model had a software version of 1.00.06 from 30th June 2008.

anyway due to the problem I was having I exchanged this for another 9150T from Argos yesterday, on inspecting the status menu, it has a software version of 1.00.10 and dated 8th September 2008..

The loader version on both models is the same a 4.35

I just wondered why the different software versions between the two same models that I have had..does anyone know why?

this is even before the fan software update is due to begin next week!

Comments

• Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CheekyTV wrote: »
    I bought a 9150T from Argos at the end of September had it for around 7 weeks, after awhile had problems with recordings sticking

Can you explain what you mean by "recordings sticking"?
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    I just wondered why the different software versions between the two same models that I have had..does anyone know why?

this is even before the fan software update is due to begin next week!
    Humax will have booked the OAD broadcast slot weeks ago once satisfied with the fan-fix firmware. Nothing stops them from applying that to production units immediately.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nvingo wrote: »
    Humax will have booked the OAD broadcast slot weeks ago once satisfied with the fan-fix firmware. Nothing stops them from applying that to production units immediately.
    But 1.00.10 doesn't have the fan fix. It would be interesting to know what was changed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you explain what you mean by "recordings sticking"?

On playback of a recording it would "freeze" for a few seconds then carry on for a bit then do the same thing..i did all the usual stuff like rebooting ect but nothing seemed to cure it, although it was fine on Live TV..sorry my PVR terminology isn't up to scratch..lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On playback of a recording it would "freeze" for a few seconds then carry on for a bit then do the same thing..i did all the usual stuff like rebooting ect but nothing seemed to cure it, although it was fine on Live TV

Thanks, that is a perfectly reasonable explanation of an unusual problem. My guess would be a faulty disk drive. Hopefully your new one will be OK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, that is a perfectly reasonable explanation of an unusual problem. My guess would be a faulty disk drive. Hopefully your new one will be OK.

Yeah thanks Martin I hope so..I'm gonna try it out tonight, see what happens but I think it will be ok!

here is another question from someone who is a bit thick on this software update business..when they go from software 1.00.06 to 1.00.10 does that mean four known software issues have been "fixed" or something upgraded?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when they go from software 1.00.06 to 1.00.10 does that mean four known software issues have been "fixed" or something upgraded?
    It means that 4 intermediate versions have existed for some reason. It may have been for testing or some other internal purpose. It is impossible to know what has been changed without reading the release notes which don't seem to be available. Perhaps someone with contacts at Humax can help. Barry??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    On playback of a recording it would "freeze" for a few seconds then carry on for a bit then do the same thing..i did all the usual stuff like rebooting ect but nothing seemed to cure it, although it was fine on Live TV..sorry my PVR terminology isn't up to scratch..lol

Does your replacement record ok?

Tell me you don't live in Scottish Borders and the problems didn't start between 6th and 20th November? (The reason I say this is because a number of Borders DigiHome owners cannot record properly after digital switchover, although Lvie TV is still OK. I had no issues for over 3 years prior to switchover!).

I am considering buying a Humax 9150T tomorrow to see if it works at my location.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does your replacement record ok?

Tell me you don't live in Scottish Borders and the problems didn't start between 6th and 20th November? (The reason I say this is because a number of Borders DigiHome owners cannot record properly after digital switchover, although Lvie TV is still OK. I had no issues for over 3 years prior to switchover!).

I am considering buying a Humax 9150T tomorrow to see if it works at my location.

No I don't live in the Scottish Borders region..I'm in the West Midlands and get my signal from Sutton Coldfield, the new box is working ok for now it recorded Harry Hill and Animals in the Womb all on time and played them back perfectly with no cut offs, but will see how it goes this week!

yeah I have read about the problems people are having with Digihome PVRs in the Borders..sounds a bit weird to me..yeah try a Humax 9150 they are good little boxes..plus there is a software update for the fan noise issue this week too! If it plays up you can always take it back and say it is faulty, and try something else..:D
  • BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It means that 4 intermediate versions have existed for some reason. It may have been for testing or some other internal purpose. It is impossible to know what has been changed without reading the release notes which don't seem to be available. Perhaps someone with contacts at Humax can help. Barry??

Release notes, and software should appear on the support site sometime this week.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry wrote: »
    Release notes, and software should appear on the support site sometime this week.

There would appear to have been some problems with getting this sorted......however

The fan fix update is on air, my unit is set to search at 12 noon....just switched it on, and it reports a successful update to version 1.00.12.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the software update just after 10am this morning and it updated the 9150T just fine, can't hear anything from the fan now..but can hear a slight hum from the hard drive..hope that's normal?..but other than that it's great..:)
  • LTTLTT Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well having got my 9150 just a couple of days ago I changed the default update time to noon to get the update.

Having successfully updated it's now so quiet, great! My box is in the bedroom and i'd wanted a humax for a while but fan noise stopped me so really glad the update exceeded my expectations!

So the box is now far less noisy than my old inverto. Just hoping this box is more reliable i.e. library loss and missed recordings, if so i'll be very happy!

Also scheduled 2 recordings to test noise - still not a peep even with 2 recordings happening :D