Christmas jingles/idents

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Which radio stations have started their christmas jingles and idents yet?...

I know Radio 1 has nothing festive on air yet (they can be really fussy when it comes to Christmas)..plus I had BRMB on the other day and I didn't hear any Christmas idents, but have heard them playing christmas songs though, I always thought the two went together...:D

Comments

• SteveBentleySteveBentley Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CheekyTV wrote: »
    Which radio stations have started their christmas jingles and idents yet?...

I know Radio 1 has nothing festive on air yet (they can be really fussy when it comes to Christmas)..plus I had BRMB on the other day and I didn't hear any Christmas idents, but have heard them playing christmas songs though, I always thought the two went together...:D

Radio 1 have had that ad for DAB radios which are annoyingly similar in style to the stuff Music 4 did for them last year using Brian Blessed

http://www.music4.com/musicservices/catalogue/519/bbc-radio-1/christmas-idents.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Radio 1 are using xmas beds, they have been for a few days now, because Edith was comenting on the fact, and laughing at them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RadioDaz wrote: »
    Radio 1 are using xmas beds, they have been for a few days now, because Edith was comenting on the fact, and laughing at them.

I think beds are not really jingles as such, they are just a long piece of music that the DJ just jabbers over until the next song, i heard Ferne and Reggie the other day and they played a christmas bed for about 10 seconds Reggie took it off because he wasn't in the Christmas mood..:rolleyes:..but I was thinking more of the short xmas jingles that identify the station etc...Radio 1 are odd when it comes to generic Christmas imaging..I remember one year i think 2001 when they never bothered at all with it..I think they banned it that year..lol
  • bringbackGalaxybringbackGalaxy Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gold have actually had some money invested in new jingles, including an Xmas one!
  • Ant LAnt L Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 1 started their Christmas imaging today. Moyles is using his Christmas theme from the past few years and the Radio 1 logos have been festived up a bit.