Ashes to Ashes Musical Errors

13»

Comments

• airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    Can I join in the anal comments please! Its not a music one but last week Gene made a comment and ended the sentence with "End of". I dont think this quirky (yes I do find it irritating), little phrase was in the English language that far back was it? Isnt it a kind of "chavvy" type thing which was much later. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Much like the "you're doin' my 'ed in" quote which again is not a saying I recall being used back in 83.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member
    James2001 wrote: »
    You didn't look up very well then- the single was released in May 1984!

I can't remember what I googled, glad about that, I was convinced it was 1984 and it was released after Relax and I can remember buying that with my ex, who I went out with in 1984.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    A little off topic.......:o, but have just finished watching the first episode of this series' A2A....... and what struck me.... apart from them being a little flexible with the music..... was some of the terminology..... referring to the bloke in hospital as being 'spazzed up'......... there was another thing that was said but cant remember off the top of me head :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    shelby67 wrote: »
    A little off topic.......:o, but have just finished watching the first episode of this series' A2A....... and what struck me.... apart from them being a little flexible with the music..... was some of the terminology..... referring to the bloke in hospital as being 'spazzed up'......... there was another thing that was said but cant remember off the top of me head :sleep:

Sorry, what's your point? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Sorry, was on phone to an airline, so just being a bit random...... I didnt like the terminology thats all. 'Spazzed up' meaning spastic...... nowadays, cerebal palsy. Didnt feel it necessary.:(
    Forum Member
    shelby67 wrote: »
    Sorry, was on phone to an airline, so just being a bit random...... I didnt like the terminology thats all. 'Spazzed up' meaning spastic...... nowadays, cerebal palsy. Didnt feel it necessary.:(

Oh right!
    Btw, I wasn't saying the language was acceptable in my above post, I just didn't get what your point was :o
    I think the point from the language is that's how "cruel" and un-PC things were in '83...
  • AM ScannerAM Scanner Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Anyone notice that the outdoor scenes had been filmed in the autumn with leafs on the ground and some trees bare even though the Election was held in June that year!
    Forum Member
    AM Scanner wrote: »
    Anyone notice that the outdoor scenes had been filmed in the autumn with leafs on the ground and some trees bare even though the Election was held in June that year!

I can't say I noticed, BUT it's kinda funny when you think about it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member
    AM Scanner wrote: »
    heyjude wrote: »
    Glad it's not just me then :D

I thought that 2 Tribes was 1984, as it was a holiday song from that year, but when I looked it up, it was indeed 1983.

I would like to point out that the General Election was on 9th June 1983, as it was my birthday but I was too young to vote :p - but they showed the car going through Autumnal leaves:confused:

Yep :p
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 39,949
    Forum Member
    CheekyTV wrote: »
    Having just watched the first 2 new episodes of Ashes to Ashes I found some errors.. I gather it's set just before the General Election of May/June 1983 and yet I heard Katrina and the Waves, Walking on Sunshine a No8 hit from May 1985, and Cyndi Lauper's Girl Just Want To Have Fun a No2 hit in January 1984...come on BBC you know better than this...lololol!!

or am I being anal and thinking too much here...:D...:eek:

not anal at all...I find it irritataing, but only really enjoyed the first series so am prob just being too picky:eek:
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    Can I join in the anal comments please! Its not a music one but last week Gene made a comment and ended the sentence with "End of". I dont think this quirky (yes I do find it irritating), little phrase was in the English language that far back was it? Isnt it a kind of "chavvy" type thing which was much later. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    airfix wrote: »
    Much like the "you're doin' my 'ed in" quote which again is not a saying I recall being used back in 83.

"Doing my head in," I am fairly certain is not a phrase that was around in the 80s-but, "End of," is surely just short for, "End of story!" which was in use in the 80s.
  • matthew57matthew57 Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Doing me head in" was definitely in use in Liverpool in the eighties.