Sagem 67320T

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just purchsed a Sagem 67320T..set up all ok..just few things Id like to know...

ITV1 sound issue..when I go up to the list from BBC1 to ITV there is no sound when I go up to channel 4 and back down to ITV the sound comes back..

at the moment it is on SW 0.9.0..will this be updated again over the air to the newer software? I have network monitoring switched on..?

On other PVR's there is a reformat disk option, is there a reformat disk option on this sagem PVR as I can't find one in the menus etc..?

any advice would be welcomed..thanks in advance..

Ive set it to record (series linked) a few things tonight on Channel4...see if it works..lol fingers crossed..:D

Comments

• Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CheekyTV wrote: »
    On other PVR's there is a reformat disk option, is there a reformat disk option on this sagem PVR as I can't find one in the menus etc..?

Yes.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=34474473&postcount=1
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody Hell Luis, you have a good memory.

Congratulations on your purchase Cheeky.

A working Sagem aint too bad.

But if your read thru the other posts in this forum, you will find a lot of "unresolved issues" and possibly anger.

I would be a little worried about your sound issue. It sounds very strange.
    If you can't resolve it after exploring all your menus and being sure it is not some other coincidental problem, I would get the unit replaced.

Dont leave it more than a few days. (7 days if you bought it online), otherwise you will only be offered a repair and it will have to go back to France.

You know what pesky retailers are like.

Don't bank on any OAD software upgrades. SAGEM are terrible with them.

I have a 64160T so cannot offer detailed advice on your unit, but quite a few of us regularly check this forum.

Feel free to drop by anytime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just purchsed a Sagem 67320T..set up all ok..just few things Id like to know...

ITV1 sound issue..when I go up to the list from BBC1 to ITV there is no sound when I go up to channel 4 and back down to ITV the sound comes back..

at the moment it is on SW 0.9.0..will this be updated again over the air to the newer software? I have network monitoring switched on..?

any advice would be welcomed..thanks in advance..

Ive set it to record (series linked) a few things tonight on Channel4...see if it works..lol fingers crossed..:D

Hi,

i've had two Sagem PVRs and both have had the sound issue on itv - I'm afraid it seems to be a glitch that has to be lived with. It is a bit annoying, but it seems to only be ITV that is happens with! If you can put up with that, I find the box in general is ok, had no real trouble with it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the responses..much appreciated!!

before the sagem I had 3 Humax 9300T stb'sand they were all just became unreliable after a recent update (I always praised the Humax 9150t and 9300t and still do, it's they just haven't got the series link timers right)...they would cut off the start and end of some programmes which was normally annoying then it started to record a programme half way through..which is just unacceptable..so I decided to go for a another brand with a simular specification as the Humax and the only one I could find in Argos was the Sagem 67320 and it was slightly cheaper...I tried the record feature on the new sagem last night and it started without any problems..

The ITV1 sound problem is only when I use the CH up button from BBC1 to BBC2 to ITV1...also if I press 3 there is no sound problem.

Returns are not a problem I asked the assistant in Argos and she said if there are any problems or faults with the stb I could swap it for something else, long as I had the receipt!

Now this Sagem HDD reformat procedure in the link above is it safe to do if there are any probs in the future??...it will not wipe the disk of any important software and leave me with a dead box?? has anyone else done it successfully?
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I did it successfully on my 64160T some months ago. 1st and only time.

See the link posted before.

You only need to do it if your disk has some corruption problem.

My unit is 15 months old.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I did it successfully on my 64160T some months ago. 1st and only time.

See the link posted before.

You only need to do it if your disk has some corruption problem.

My unit is 15 months old.

Ok thanks I will keep this in mind if any probs occur in the future..:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that the reformat process on the link above (post 2) works on the Sagem 67320T model..I tried the procedure this evening and it worked for me...I did it out of devilment to see if it would work!

The stb needs to be restarted manually once it has been reformatted then restarted..the reformat wipes everything off the hard drive ie recordings and scheduled recording and the AV settings need to reinstalled afterwards.

Im not sure if this process works on other versions of Sagem PVR/DTR/DVR so reformat with caution.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that the reformat process on the link above (post 2) works on the Sagem 67320T model..I tried the procedure this evening and it worked for me...I did it out of devilment to see if it would work!

The stb needs to be restarted manually once it has been reformatted then restarted..the reformat wipes everything off the hard drive ie recordings and scheduled recording and the AV settings need to reinstalled afterwards.

Im not sure if this process works on other versions of Sagem PVR/DTR/DVR so reformat with caution.

Does reformatting the box delete the current firmware, as I'm having frequent box crashes and I'm thinking of reformatting the box once I'v watched all recordings on the HDD and would like to be on the newer firmware after doing the reformat?

Roland
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rolandh wrote: »
    Does reformatting the box delete the current firmware, as I'm having frequent box crashes and I'm thinking of reformatting the box once I'v watched all recordings on the HDD and would like to be on the newer firmware after doing the reformat?

Roland

It didn't delete anything serious like the software or firmware on my sagem 67320t box Rolandh..it only deleted the series links, recordings, and scheduled recordings, and any settings..basically it goes into first time installation mode after a reformat. everything will need to be reset..if you do reformat make a note of series links you have etc!

The firmware and software will be the same as before (my software version is 0.9.0)...these are only changed via an over the air update..and none are scheduled for the Sagem 67250, 67320, 67500 series at the moment!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't delete anything serious like the software or firmware on my sagem 67320t box Rolandh..it only deleted the series links, recordings, and scheduled recordings, and any settings..basically it goes into first time installation mode after a reformat. everything will need to be reset..if you do reformat make a note of series links you have etc!

The firmware and software will be the same as before (my software version is 0.9.0)...these are only changed via an over the air update..and none are scheduled for the Sagem 67250, 67320, 67500 series at the moment!

Ok, thanks. for the info.

Roland
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rolandh wrote: »
    Ok, thanks. for the info.

Roland

Well good luck if you do reformat the HDD hope this resolves your problems!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well good luck if you do reformat the HDD hope this resolves your problems!

Thanks, Only really tend to use the stb for recording and watching channels that are not on Freesat, as tend to use the Freesat box more now.

Roland
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did a factory reset of my box, it didn't delete any recordings (it only wiped the channel database and reset the settings to default), the problems still persisted after the reset. Our old UMC 26" HD Ready set that we were using died last Saturday, we got a new LG 22" Full HD TV http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-m227wd-22-widescreen-multifunction-lcd-monitor-02618410-pdt.html last Sunday to replace the dead UMC one and the problem of the box crashing has gone away, it seems that the Sagem box does not like unknown brands like the UMC but is perfectly happy with the new Full HD LG set.

Roland
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    After having tried out a number of other PVRs, the 67320 seems slightly less troublesome than others.
    There is a number of things I like about it, alas there is a number of major dislikes and problems, too:
    1. it takes quite a while to come out of the standby.
    3. the EPG navigation/use is annoyingly clumsy and sluggish. VERY. Same goes for wading through the recorded library.
    4. to toggle the "Subtitles" ON/OFF three key presses are required ... very annoying.
    5. every time the Fast Forward or Rewind are used during playback, the Subtitles re-appear even when previously disabled!
    6. the Fast Forward/Rewind go 2x4x10x60x ... so far so good, but then 300x600x ... oh boy, and we're lost.
    7. the "Back and Forward skips" jump by 5 minutes, just 1 minute too much for UK adverts. Quite silly. A programmable number of minutes would be nice here.
    8. the remote seems to have been designed for some other equipment …. the most important keys (recording and replaying) are rather inconspicuous and very small.
    9. the unit “seized up” a few of times so far and the obligatory OFF/ON at the mains was needed. Pathetic.
    10. the external USB memory (a hard drive in my case) is usually recognized without any problem at first, alas it always “disappears” from the unit’s menu after a while.
    The PVR has to go through the OFF/ON or the “standby” cycles for the USB memory to be seen again. This could be due to the external memory timing out, though.
    11. Transfers to and from the USB memory are not done as background tasks, so it is not possible to use the PVR while they take place. Very limiting, considering how slow these tasks are.
    12. The Favourite channels get re-numbered (!) according to their positions in the Favourite list and some inevitably lose their original Freeview numbers, which is idiotic in the extreme.
    Especially as the channels are normally accessed by tapping in their ID number.

Some lesser problems:
    1. some of the user interface text/graphics look like something from the time of the first home computers;
    2. the use of some commands is inconsistent, eg. some features require the "OK" confirmation, while others require the Yellow key;
    3. the Hard Drive capacity/remaining space is shown as a percentage. The equivalent playing time (even just an approximation) would be more useful.
    4. the front 7-segment display is used to display "impossible" words, such as "rec" etc. Quite ugly and silly.
    5. the “series” link seems to be working well, alas there seem to be a really stupid glitch in the proceedings – occasionally the REPEATS(!) of the various episodes get recorded as well or instead.
    And the setting up of these links to ON takes ages !! Painful.

But, it is not all bad:
    1. the picture quality has been consistently good. There is always some very faint “moving” ghosting visible (from a different channel!), but that could be due to my puny aerial or the signal strength - the Crystal Palace transmitter is a few miles from here and is actually visible from where I live!
    2. the “folder” feature is very useful for skipping over “filed” programmes, esp. as navigating/wading through the recorded programmes is so sluggish.
    3. it is possible to chop/split/edit the recorded items, which is very good, alas quite inaccurate and quite clumsy again. And the editing only applies to the programmes used by the unit itself.
    4. there is no noise coming out of the box, which is SUPER. (knock on wood)
  • PTDPTD Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, agree with most of that except...
    wcarver wrote: »
    5. every time the Fast Forward or Rewind are used during playback, the Subtitles re-appear even when previously disabled!
    On mine, v.1.0.04, only after skip has been used.
    9. the unit “seized up” a few of times so far and the obligatory OFF/ON at the mains was needed. Pathetic.
    Hold Standby on the front panel for 2 secs to achieve the same end without the trauma of a mains recycle.
    11. Transfers to and from the USB memory are not done as background tasks, so it is not possible to use the PVR while they take place. Very limiting, considering how slow these tasks are.
    Quickest when it's not busy recording or live buffering. Tune to an off air channel to get the best transfer times eg BBC3 daytime, CBBC nightime.
    Some lesser problems:
    1. some of the user interface text/graphics look like something from the time of the first home computers;
    Don't you like the Teletubbies look then? ;)
    2. the use of some commands is inconsistent, eg. some features require the "OK" confirmation, while others require the Yellow key;
    Sometimes unavoidable as OK navigates folder structures that you want to drop files into.
    But, it is not all bad:
    1. the picture quality has been consistently good. There is always some very faint “moving” ghosting visible (from a different channel!), but that could be due to my puny aerial or the signal strength - the Crystal Palace transmitter is a few miles from here and is actually visible from where I live!
    This is more likely leakage back from your tv tuner via the scart cable return path.
    3. it is possible to chop/split/edit the recorded items, which is very good, alas quite inaccurate and quite clumsy again. And the editing only applies to the programmes used by the unit itself.
    I find it quite precise, at least to the nearest GOP, which is all you can expect of a pvr. It's disappointing that the full edits aren't exported to the usb file, or that there isn't any way of compacting the edits on the machine.