Panasonic TX-42S20B

I am a bit confused about this plasma TV, I am really interested in treating myself to a new TV so I have been reading various forums about this TV some say it's a NeoPDP panel and others say it is not, even the Panasonic website says its a NeoPDP panel...can someone officially confirm if this a NeoPDP panel..?

Plus id like to know more about the issues I have read about "floating blacks and image retention"..reading about this has put me off a little bit buying a plasma, would this TV be a good buy or will I be regreting my purchase two months in?

If I got one of these TV's Id only use it for TV and DVD's, Im boring as I don't do Xboxes or WII and all that gaming nonsense..lol..:D

Some advice on this model TV would be most appreciated, perhaps someone who has this model would be fantastic.

Comments

• DeadManDeadMan Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swings and roundabouts. Despite what they claim plasma TV's still suffer from image retention. I had Cartoon Netowrk on for an hour last night and it has take all day for it to fade away from view. Floating blacks and posterisation are also an issue for me. I love the deep blacks and natural look of plasma. But I am regretting going this route now. I know LCD's have issues but they are easier to cope with IMHO.

Oh yeah and some folks are sensitive to phospor lag (I am) and see blue/yellow flashes when they move their eyes about the screen.