Options

Person of Interest Season 1 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    Locke_JohnLocke_John Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving this show. Episode 8 was probably the weakest of the lot but it was still decent.

I'm loving how many ex-Lost cast members are appearing on it, hopefully they manage to get Terry O'Quinn in for an episode or so :)
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Locke_John wrote: »
    I'm loving this show. Episode 8 was probably the weakest of the lot but it was still decent.

I'm loving how many ex-Lost cast members are appearing on it, hopefully they manage to get Terry O'Quinn in for an episode or so :)

God, I hope not. He ruins every episode of Hawaii Five 0 he appears in.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not watched Hawaii Five O yet, but he was amazing in Lost.
  • Options
    tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Episode 9 was a good one, glad to see the lady detective get a few more scenes.
  • Options
    jayzee786jayzee786 Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latest episode was absolutely terrific! Is the the finale then? because on Wiki it says that it was picked up for a full season which 24 episodes ithink?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Thought this weeks episode was the best yet on one level, particularly the dynamic between Carter and Rees (am I the only one that thinks this could develop into something more), but worried that they gave too much away only to be 10 episodes in and with another 12 at least to go in the first season as far as i know, not sure where the direction they are headed as the whole cat and mouse thing appeared to be the only long running thread....I know this is a bit confusing sorry!
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless I missed something g, wasn't Detective Carter pregnant in the first half dozen episodes Then all of a sudden the baby bump vanished and nobody mentioned it.
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um...If you rewatch those episodes it's very clear that Carter is not pregnant. Very clear.
  • Options
    ellie1997ellie1997 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its watchable, you dont have to pay close attention and everything tends to be neatly wrapped up at the end which is always good for me with my low concentration :)

I agree with whoever said Jim Caviezel had some terrible lines, and I do think he is a very poor actor. I also noted an amazing likeness between the characteristics and movements of Finch to C3PO....
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Um...If you rewatch those episodes it's very clear that Carter is not pregnant. Very clear.

If you rewatch the first couple of episodes the characters even make reference to her being pregnant. Can't really get much clearer then that!
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally up to date with this, it was quite low down on my must see list but latest episode was great.

The thing that makes me laugh is when Finch says at the beginning of every show about them picking up the numbers of people like you and me (even though he is hardly some regular guy) instead of the big attacks for example but then we have drug lords, politicians, multi million pharmaceutical company owners,mafias, judges, and goodness knows what, hardly the 'you and mes' of the world :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally up to date with this, it was quite low down on my must see list but latest episode was great.

The thing that makes me laugh is when Finch says at the beginning of every show about them picking up the numbers of people like you and me (even though he is hardly some regular guy) instead of the big attacks for example but then we have drug lords, politicians, multi million pharmaceutical company owners,mafias, judges, and goodness knows what, hardly the 'you and mes' of the world :D

In actual fact, he says people like you - not you and me.

Also, the victims often are normal people who are affected by the actions of less normal people such as mafia, politicians and the other groups mentioned (the last episode being a prime example, the four people being hunted were all fairly normal people)

That episode was however awesome. I do agree though, I'm not really sure which direction this takes now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a reminder that episode 11, 'Super', airs tonight in the US.
    :)
  • Options
    DerekMcVDerekMcV Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this has not been picked up in the UK yet?

One of the best of the new shows - good action, good stories –– Episode 11 shades of rear window. Looks like it will run right through with ep12 due 19/1/12 & ep13 on 2/2/12.

Really like Michael Emerson’s portrayal of Finch – at times shades of Ben from lost at his manipulative best.

Given a JJ Abrams show, I suspect it will turn into a multi-dimensional story like Fringe & lost.
    For example -is the machine alive with its own motives (Sky net – Eagle eye).
    What happened to Reese (Jason Bourne- Jack Bauer type back story) & was Finch involved. How Finch was injured & what happened Ingram (Brett Cullen) – also in Lost as Goodwin who Ben got rid of because they were both after Juliet.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    DerekMcV wrote: »
    Given a JJ Abrams show, I suspect it will turn into a multi-dimensional story like Fringe & lost.

Fringe and Lost were not on CBS, the most "old school" of the US networks. CBS will not allow Person Of Interest to evolve into anything that fans of "cool" television really like. That would scare too many of the older viewers CBS likes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is getting better and better as it goes on. I love this show
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Locke_John wrote: »
    It is getting better and better as it goes on. I love this show

Couldn't agree more. A thoroughly enjoyable show which is amazing given this wasn't even on my radar of things to watch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is getting interesting now, with the cop now on side and Reese spying on Finch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No US episode again last week :(

Just as it gets good they mess around with the schedule! Bah!!
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's new this week. :D
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Episode 13 entitled Root Cause, stand out episode to date. Gripping episode.

Looks like the duo have new adversary for future shows. :)
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope that this show gets renewed for a second series. It's going from strength to strength
  • Options
    tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    xander63 wrote: »
    Just watched Episode 13 entitled Root Cause, stand out episode to date. Gripping episode.

Looks like the duo have new adversary for future shows. :)

Yeah it really was something special that episode. Glad this show has built up my interest with absolutely no hype.
    am i right in thinking "root" is already very close to the two guys and has a knack of playing both the patsy and her client for fools.... I think Miss Morgan is "root".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    What did everyone think of yesterdays episode? I was surprised to see Astro acting, I didn't expect much but he wasn't exactly bad. He was pretty much playing himself so that didn't need much acting. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did everyone think of yesterdays episode? I was surprised to see Astro acting, I didn't expect much but he wasn't exactly bad. He was pretty much playing himself so that didn't need much acting. :p

Watching it later on so i'll report back :D