Options

Person of Interest S2: US Pace

Comments

• Options
    originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    This:
    xander63 wrote: »

Felt a real sense of doom on the horizon.

absolutely love this show. the breaks have been a royal pain in my backside, as this is really the only show i look forward to watching atm. Glad season 3 has been announced, just hope they can keep up the quality.
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or were there more breaks this season?
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to be an interesting end to the season.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally i'd expect a few below par episodes per season but POI has never had a below par episode, thats how good this show really is, In Extremis was another cracking episode.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great episode, and I agree much darker and foreboding than usual. The polonium in the drink was pulled from a real life murder case too.

The only downside has been the breaks in the season as there's so much going on that you easily forget what 's happened a couple of weeks ago. Will definitely have to replay the whole lot before season 3 starts though. :p
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zero Day! Best episode of the Season!

Possibly the best episode of any show this year, hat's off to the writers and actors. Gonna have to watch one a few times to get my head round it all! 10/10

Wow!!

Whoever ever not watching this show, you need to have a serious word with yourself!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent episode. Btw, nice touch with the opening credits. ;)
    Finally, I hope that Carter now realizes that she can't trust anyone in the precinct...well...except for Fusco.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Excellent episode. Btw, nice touch with the opening credits. ;)
    Finally, I hope that Carter now realizes that she can't trust anyone in the precinct...well...except for Fusco.

Yes it was a great episode, loved the opening credits too.

The computer is as much a part of the show as the other characters.

All the strands coming together. I liked the way Root was 'rooting' for the computer. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was a great episode, loved the opening credits too.

The computer is as much a part of the show as the other characters.

All the strands coming together. I liked the way Root was 'rooting' for the computer. :)

You're so right. The machine is as much a part of the show as the other characters. Hell, even I was 'rooting' for it. Is that weird? :p

Everything about this episode just clicked with me. This season of POI really kicked it into high gear. Fantastic series.
  • Options
    Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a fantastic show. Characters, acting, plot, emotion, twists. It has it all!

I'll be gutted when Season 2 is over. :(
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaz22 wrote: »

I'll be gutted when Season 2 is over. :(

This

It's a shame it can't be on every week. Let's just hope that season 3 won't be the last.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another fantastic episode, this season is even better than the first. As said above, it will suck when season 2 is over, but the wait will be worth it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    that "can you hear me" at the end gave me goosebumps for some reason!!

absolute quality, this is the one show i keep telling people to watch. pure quality.

cant wait for this seasons last episode. i actually, for once, trust a tv show to give us a really damn good finale!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that's the way you write a season final.

If only Glee had PoI's writers.

I LOL at the wedding bit, and the 'turn right in 100m' bit.

Not sure what is happening with both Root and Research getting phone calls.

A great series.
  • Options
    Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely love his show but I found the episode a real let down. No Lionel and who actually moved the machine. Very disappointed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely love his show but I found the episode a real let down. No Lionel and who actually moved the machine. Very disappointed.

The machine moved its self, node by node. Probably moved each node to separate locations.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I loved all the 10 o'clock, 4 o'clock business - very gamey :)

Something I'm confused about though:

machine deletes non-relevent data each day at 12am
    root wanted to free the machine by halting this daily deletion so machine to retain its memories
    machine set up that company of data inputers, and each day (before deletion time) it would print out its memories and then have the bods type that info back into its system - thus the machine found a way to retain its memories
    ---- all this I get ---

but when they enter the nuclear silo place and find the machine gone, Fitz says he freed the machine ages-n-ages ago (iirc 3 yrs). So wouldn't his action of "freeing the machine" meant the machine was now retaining its memories ?! So why the heck did it need to set up that data inputing company.

Am I missing something, is my timeline skewy. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you kidding me? This final episode was excellent. I actually watched it again a couple of more times last night. It was amazing how much more you pick up from the first viewing. I recommend, if you can, that you rewatch the episode. Btw, the machine moved itself. ;)

In the meantime, Carter has really put a target on her back with HR something that Lionel (btw, I missed Fusco these last two weeks) warned her about. She saved Elias much to his surprise. I don't see her backing down in her pursuit of HR. I wonder if she now has an ally in Elias? After all, HR did try to have him killed. Carter has crossed another line.

I am so looking forward to Season 3. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so many different sub plots, HR/elias/carterfusco, root, research, wheres the machine moved too, the lady in charge, plus of course john and lionel.

cannot wait till series 3, see how this all merges together :)
  • Options
    DerekMcVDerekMcV Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Personally I loved all the 10 o'clock, 4 o'clock business - very gamey :)

Something I'm confused about though:

machine deletes non-relevent data each day at 12am
    root wanted to free the machine by halting this daily deletion so machine to retain its memories
    machine set up that company of data inputers, and each day (before deletion time) it would print out its memories and then have the bods type that info back into its system - thus the machine found a way to retain its memories
    ---- all this I get ---

but when they enter the nuclear silo place and find the machine gone, Fitz says he freed the machine ages-n-ages ago (iirc 3 yrs). So wouldn't his action of "freeing the machine" meant the machine was now retaining its memories ?! So why the heck did it need to set up that data inputing company.

Did the virus within the virus created by Harold change the machines code so it has evolved and now has an agenda of its own - hence the call to root at the end
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The machine moved itself.It created orders for it to be moved in pieces ("node by node"), and the guy based in the "nuclear" facility carried those orders out, thinking that they were genuine. It was explained in the episode...
    zwixxx wrote: »

It's skewy ;)

Finch created the virus three years ago, he did not "free" the machine three years ago. That did not happen until some weeks back when the China-based villainous company released the virus and infected the machine... The virus caused the machine to eventually perform a reset, but Finch's "virus in a virus" allowed the machine to changed its own code so that it could defend itself, leading to it setting up the "memory company" and having itself moved etc. ...
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Finch created the virus three years ago, he did not "free" the machine three years ago. That did not happen until some weeks back when the China-based villainous company released the virus and infected the machine... The virus caused the machine to eventually perform a reset, but Finch's "virus in a virus" allowed the machine to changed its own code so that it could defend itself, leading to it setting up the "memory company" and having itself moved etc. ...

The confusion clouds have parted :cool:

btw: methinks the call to Root at the end might just be all in her head. :eek: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that's the way you write a season final.

If only Glee had PoI's writers.

I LOL at the wedding bit, and the 'turn right in 100m' bit.

Not sure what is happening with both Root and Research getting phone calls.

A great series.

*pulls up*

*shoots*

"Congratulations"

*drives off*

Best bit of both seasons easily.
  • Options
    Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

I also thought Greer would have been in this episode, has his story now finished?
  • Options
    Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent finale although probably not as good as last season's final episode (in my opinion).

Any theories on who the mystery woman is? I thought it was going to cut to her at the end but they didn't give it up that easily. New foe or someone we already know?