Options

Argos wins at Twiter when customer tweets enquiry about PS4 stock

kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
Forum Member
An inane but cheerful story of good customer service from Argos to end the day.
'Safe Badman' :- Argos wins at Twitter when customer tweets to ask if Playstations are in stock at Moss Side store.

Immy 'BADMAN' Bugti tweeted the catalogue firm to ask when the 'PS4 tings' would be back in stock - only for the company to reply in spectacular style

Hardly spectacular, but it raised a smile. :D

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/argos-wins-twitter-customer-tweets-6793743

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bear respect
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Classic, respect.:D
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair this was funny the first (hundred) time(s) but the fact that companies put young people in charge of their twitter shouldn't really be a surprise any more
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    I like it
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fm! I:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    sikkkkkkkk m8
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Title line of thread should read 'twitter' not 'twiter' OP.

Sorry, pedantic I know..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny:D
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid tweet replied with another stupid tweet. Not funny, interesting or newsworthy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stupid tweet replied with another stupid tweet. Not funny, interesting or newsworthy.

What thread would you like ste, and I'll do my best to accommodate you next time? :p
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    :D:D

Yo dat Argos dis sick! :cool:
  • Options
    Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    I once sent a letter to the Inland Revenue all in rhyme as my previous correspondences were all ignored. I had a phone call a few days later to say my letter had been all round the office and the lady on the phone said she would have loved to reply in kind but wasn't allowed. I finally got my rebate cheque after having been taxed on the wrong code for ages.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought I'd managed to erase a painfully embarrassing moment, but that tweet exchange brought it back to life in Technicolor.

Two colleagues and I were invited to a restaurant to dine with a client and his family. We three shook hands with the parents. The client then introduced his boys, about 13 and 14, both in urban street outfits (baggy jeans, baggy tops, waistcoats, backward caps, etc.). Edited: the client and his family were Taiwanese.

Both boys just nodded their heads in acknowledgement at me after I said hello. As they turned to the next colleague, he suddenly crouched a little and cocked his fingers and thumbs at them, cried loud: "WAAAAAAAAAA-sup?!"

It was obvious he borrowed it from a TV advert that was going around on the Internet at the time. A group of men in their homes whilst on phone with each other, going 'Waaassup?' Edited: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W16qzZ7J5YQ

The thing is, he said it so loud that almost everyone in the restaurant looked at us. Also, the U.S. advert wasn't commonly known in their country. The boys, their parents and us stared at him. The trying-to-be-hip colleague finally realised it didn't go down as well as expected. He straightened up, and held his hand out politely to the boys.

The boys looked at their parents who nodded not-so-subtle furiously, for them to accept the handshake. The boys looked at each other and went to the table, openly ignoring the colleague who still had his hand holding out for a handshake. The mother, clearly embarrassed, grabbed his hand and shook it. We laughed awkwardly, shaking our heads at an invisible thought, "Kids these days, eh?"

Every time I remembered this incident, I cringed. I still don't know what possessed him to do that. He just wasn't the type. He was usually serious and sensible.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    I thought I'd managed to erase a painfully embarrassing moment, but that tweet exchange brought it back to life in Technicolor.

Two colleagues and I were invited to a restaurant to dine with a client and his family. We three shook hands with the parents. The client then introduced his boys, about 13 and 14, both in urban street outfits (baggy jeans, baggy tops, waistcoats, backward caps, etc.). Edited: the client and his family were Taiwanese.

Both boys just nodded their heads in acknowledgement at me after I said hello. As they turned to the next colleague, he suddenly crouched a little and cocked his fingers and thumbs at them, cried loud: "WAAAAAAAAAA-sup?!"

It was obvious he borrowed it from a TV advert that was going around on the Internet at the time. A group of men in their homes whilst on phone with each other, going 'Waaassup?' Edited: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W16qzZ7J5YQ

The thing is, he said it so loud that almost everyone in the restaurant looked at us. Also, the U.S. advert wasn't commonly known in their country. The boys, their parents and us stared at him. The trying-to-be-hip colleague finally realised it didn't go down as well as expected. He straightened up, and held his hand out politely to the boys.

The boys looked at their parents who nodded not-so-subtle furiously, for them to accept the handshake. The boys looked at each other and went to the table, openly ignoring the colleague who still had his hand holding out for a handshake. The mother, clearly embarrassed, grabbed his hand and shook it. We laughed awkwardly, shaking our heads at an invisible thought, "Kids these days, eh?"

Every time I remembered this incident, I cringed. I still don't know what possessed him to do that. He just wasn't the type. He was usually serious and sensible.

HaHaHaHaHa....major cringe!!!! That's so funny :D:D:D
    Ahh, adults these days...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    So that's where Scary Movie got it from. I never knew that!
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Cringe worthy.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm.. not sure I liked the notion of proper news sites trying to become Buzzfeed. Soon all news sites will just be clickbait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Cringe worthy.

To be fair, somebody at Argos was so obviously taking the piss with that reply, so to that end it raised a smile. :D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's great, somebody in customer services with a good sense of humour :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once sent a letter to the Inland Revenue all in rhyme as my previous correspondences were all ignored. I had a phone call a few days later to say my letter had been all round the office and the lady on the phone said she would have loved to reply in kind but wasn't allowed. I finally got my rebate cheque after having been taxed on the wrong code for ages.

Thanks for informing us about that...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Love it :D
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I think that's great, somebody in customer services with a good sense of humour :)

Yes, it makes the world a little bit of a brighter place :)
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    What thread would you like ste, and I'll do my best to accommodate you next time? :p

Boobs?