Options

EE - Is Nick Really Dead?

Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Charlie Cotton character seems a bit dodgy to me by the fact we don't know much about him.

Im not denying hes Nicks son but more the fact that he could be working with Nick to fake Nicks own death in order to con Dot.

I just have these suspicions

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I think it's pretty much dead cert (no pun intended) at this point that he's not really dead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This whole thing stinks of "scam" so I'd be willing to bet that either this Charlie is an imposter or else is a young Nick Cotton in the making.
  • Options
    cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Declan Bennett ( Charile Cotton) seems to suggest on a Soap Squawk interview that
    Nick is alive
  • Options
    twintwin Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are that Charlie Cotton is not really a Cotton and that he has been sent to Dot by Nick (who is not dead) to con his Mum.
    The only thing though is she has nothing to be conned out of, as she has no money and its a council house.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    twin wrote: »
    My thoughts are that Charlie Cotton is not really a Cotton and that he has been sent to Dot by Nick (who is not dead) to con his Mum.
    The only thing though is she has nothing to be conned out of, as she has no money and its a council house.

That's a good point I don't see what Nick would achieve from pretending to be dead. So I do think there is more to this than we are lead to believe and I have a feeling it isn't just Nick conning his old Ma again. Maybe he has to pretend he is dead because he is mixed up with some nastier people than he is.
  • Options
    cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twin wrote: »

I wish Dot would just have a easy life and have a bit of happiness in her life, she needs a friend who she can rely on. I guess Charile is going to be a bad egg >:(
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Pope an atheist?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    That's a good point I don't see what Nick would achieve from pretending to be dead. So I do think there is more to this than we are lead to believe and I have a feeling it isn't just Nick conning his old Ma again. Maybe he has to pretend he is dead because he is mixed up with some nastier people than he is.

Maybe Charlie, being either his actual son or an acquaintance of Nick's, is taking advantage of the fact that he's gone and has decided to go ahead with this "plan" he's been cooking up.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big and Little Nick are planning the long con of the century on Dot. The policewoman and the Reverend's nephew are paid stooges, being paid danger money for their part in the risky scheme.

As the funeral begins, Little Nick makes sure Dot is front and centre of the coffin. Disco lights start rocking the church, a disco ball descends from the roof, and the coffin opens to the sound of Thriller. Cue a 12 minute dance off between Big Nick and Little Nick. The shock of it all leads to Dot keeling over.

With Dot now out of the way, Big and Little Nick have nothing in the way of them inheriting the tenner she got out of the ATM earlier. Great success.