Good Friday Schedules

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is what the five major broadcaster have lined up for the start of the Easter weekend..

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=4&jspGridLocation=%2Fjsp%2Ftv_listings_grid.jsp&jspListLocation=%2Fjsp%2Ftv_listings_single.jsp&jspError=%2Fjsp%2Ferror.jsp&listingsFormat=L&searchDate=10%2F04%2F2009&channels=-1&searchTime=09%3A00

what a load of rubbish..:eek:

I remember when they use to make an effort over the Easter bank hoilday weekend..they just don't bother anymore Good Friday just seem like a normal Friday with a few films thrown in!

Comments

• fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    not much difference to their normal schedules then
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's The Great Escape, Bridge on the River Kwai, The Bridge at Remagen, The Longest Day and all those other tried and trusted ratings winners they always inflict on us at religious holidays.And how about Schindler's List as Belsen and Dachau were liberated in April 1945.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Being a day where quite a few people are off work you think they would put something decent on but no it all looks rubbish to me
  • M1010DM1010D Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Its a joke!

BBC1's primetime schedule is even worse than a normal Friday because Jonathon Ross isnt on :confused:

Could it be due to saving money?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan Titchmarsh on for 2 hours?! :eek:
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very poor line up. Just looks like a normal Friday to me.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,723
    Forum Member
    Another thing - why have they stopped showing Disney Time on Bank Holidays?

It used to be the highlight of the day for me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Friday is not a bank holiday. As far as I can remember we have the usual Friday schedule. The Sunday and Monday as more likely to has a few special programmes.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, many companies work on Good Friday, others operate a split holiday system where staff cover either Good Friday of the following Tuesday. Good Friday has always tended to have programmes for the kids, with some religious stuff as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Good Friday is not a bank holiday. As far as I can remember we have the usual Friday schedule. The Sunday and Monday as more likely to has a few special programmes.

Good luck to you at the bank then.....Good Friday IS a Bank Holiday....
  • ianlawnianlawn Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly I don't remember good friday ever having good stuff on it. Alan titchmarsh isn't on it's Foyles war.

What are you expecting to see over the weekend, there are a few good films there. I don't remember anything special ever being on, maybe some dramas like touch of frost or prime suspect at a guess. But nothing like royle family easter special
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CheekyTV wrote: »
    This is what the five major broadcaster have lined up for the start of the Easter weekend..

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=4&jspGridLocation=%2Fjsp%2Ftv_listings_grid.jsp&jspListLocation=%2Fjsp%2Ftv_listings_single.jsp&jspError=%2Fjsp%2Ferror.jsp&listingsFormat=L&searchDate=10%2F04%2F2009&channels=-1&searchTime=09%3A00

what a load of rubbish..:eek:

I remember when they use to make an effort over the Easter bank hoilday weekend..they just don't bother anymore Good Friday just seem like a normal Friday with a few films thrown in!

yep you got it in one, its a rubbish day for tv. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Very dull and very bland. They could have made an effort at least!
  • hessy2hessy2 Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's not even a James Bond film on!
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, Good Fridays have been like this on television for several years now.:p

It's Easter. Go out and find somewhere nice to visit. Help the struggling economy.:)
  • SlumdogSlumdog Posts: 1,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They used to have a circus show on and a full David Copperfield magic show special.

Gone are those days.....

They just don't do BIG anything anymore.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heh! Where's God?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musical wrote: »
    Good luck to you at the bank then.....Good Friday IS a Bank Holiday....

Good Friday and Easter Monday are official bank holidays in the UK.Easter Monday is also an official bank holiday in the Irish Republic. So if you are working on those days you should be receiving extra payment or time off in lieu according to your employment contract (unless you are a priest or vicar in which it comes with the job).
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Easter. It's hardly Christmas. :p It's always been the second best Christian Religious holiday.
  • ianlawnianlawn Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hessy2 wrote: »
    There's not even a James Bond film on!

Surprise! Goldeneye saturday at 9 itv1

If its just magic and circus show on good friday then thank god they don't "make an effort over the Easter"
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    Another thing - why have they stopped showing Disney Time on Bank Holidays?

It used to be the highlight of the day for me!

I also used to love Disney Time. They always showed the penguins from Mary Poppins and Bear Neccesities from Jungle Book.
    But in those days Disney never allowed their films on video or TV and the only place to see them was at the cinema when they were periodically re-released. Now everyone has them on video, dvd and blue-ray and are shown on TV.

ps....Good Friday IS a bank holiday!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Good Friday and Easter Monday are official bank holidays in the UK.Easter Monday is also an official bank holiday in the Irish Republic. So if you are working on those days you should be receiving extra payment or time off in lieu according to your employment contract (unless you are a priest or vicar in which it comes with the job).
    To be more precise: Good Friday and Easter Monday are Bank Holidays in the UK, but bank holidays are not automatically public holidays in Scotland. Public (or local) holidays are decided by local authorities in Scotland.
    Even in England, you do not have an automatic right (in law) to time off on Bank Holidays, but in practice most employment contracts do include the right to these in addition to your normal holiday entitlement.
    Although the right to a minimum number of days of holiday by law sounds good, in practice your employer can include Bank Holidays in your entitlement. See here for more details...
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eye3 wrote: »
    But in those days Disney never allowed their films on video or TV and the only place to see them was at the cinema when they were periodically re-released. Now everyone has them on video, dvd and blue-ray and are shown on TV.

ps....Good Friday IS a bank holiday!!
    Disney still do that. A lot is in the Disney vault and free television still doesnt get Disney films, other than sometime one premiere at Christmas on BBC1 about 8 years after it was first released - e.g. Toy Story 2.