Reception Sutton Coldfield

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone had problems with analoge and freeview (channel 5) reception this afternoon from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter..I'm 9 miles from the transmitter

Analogue is still showing a blue screen on my TV as off air

Channel 5 on freeview is back now

anyone else in the West Mids have any problems?

Comments

• FranglaisFranglais Posts: 3,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    everything fine here......but then I'm not in the West Mids area :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    We've had a few problems this afternoon.
    Mainly the itv channels were off air for about 10mins.
    Also noticed Channel 4 and a few other channels off also.
    They're all back on now however, the EPG seems to be wrong on a few of the channels.
  • MindeeMindee Posts: 22,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have lost Channel 4 and ITV 1/2/3 completely for 10 mins this afternoon but channel 5 is OK.

Have been having intermittent loss and (analogue) interference from Sutton Coldfield over the last few days.

Pleased to know someone is having similar trouble and it's not just me.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    From Digital UK:

TX - Sutton Coldfield

Region - Central

Analogue - BBC 1/2, ITV, Ch 4 Possible poor reception & Short Service Breaks & Service Shutdowns May-09

Digital - Mux 1, 2, A, B, C, D Possible poor reception & Short Service Breaks & Service Shutdowns May-09

Radio - BBC Radio 1-4, Classic FM, BBC DAB and Digital One Possible poor reception & Short Service Breaks & Service Shutdowns May - Aug 09
  • dpwykesdpwykes Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    CheekyTV wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems with analoge and freeview (channel 5) reception this afternoon from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter..I'm 9 miles from the transmitter

Analogue is still showing a blue screen on my TV as off air

Channel 5 on freeview is back now

anyone else in the West Mids have any problems?

FYI

Analogue 5 is not actually broadcasted from Sutton Coldfield,

It is broadcasted from a transmitter just outside of Lichfield

Darren
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpwykes wrote: »
    FYI

Analogue 5 is not actually broadcasted from Sutton Coldfield,

It is broadcasted from a transmitter just outside of Lichfield

Darren

yeah I know analogue Channel 5 is broadcast from Lichfield, I was on about freeview channel 5 which is broadcast from Sutton Coldfield...and I know Lichfield doesn't broadcast a freeview service

the analogue problems I was having were for BBC1,2 ITV and Ch4...they were all fuzzy and so was Channel 5 from Lichfield..it seems to be all ok now..:)

I totally lost Channel 5 from freeeview for a bit of time this afternoon while Columbo was on..:D

Sorry if my orginal post was a bit unclear to begin with!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I had problems earlier on this afternoon, at about 2-3 pm. couldn't get channel 5, fiver, five us, qvc, lost ITV and other channels for a bit as well.

Though my humax box was broken until my nan phoned up in a fluster cause her tv wasn't working either.

My friend also had problems with her pvr earlier on in the day. I came online to see if I could find anything about the sutton colefield transmitter having any work done, but I couldn't find anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Problems again today.
    Channels going off air intermittently all day.
    All ITV channels off air (except CITV).
    All Ch4 channels off air (except E4+1, Film4 and 4Music).
  • Mark CMark C Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problems again today.
    Channels going off air intermittently all day.
    All ITV channels off air (except CITV).
    All Ch4 channels off air (except E4+1, Film4 and 4Music).

There is major engineering work this summer at Sutton Coldfield. A temporary mast has been built, and some services are being transferred to that, so that DSO upgrade work can continue on the main mast. I'd expect lots of interruptions for a few months, if not right up to DSO itself in Sept 2011.

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/suttoncoldfield/dso/index.php
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CH5 EPG has disappeared with DSO. I'm in Devon. All other channels are retuned fine. Comments welcome.