Harper Green PE teacher goes into meltdown (Youtube audio recording)

kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
Forum Member
Currently being shared on my Facebook, this is a recording of the PE teacher at Harper Green ranting and raving at the kids. Justified? Too far? Good teacher? Bully?

I know you lot like your school threads, so listen and decide (It was far worse than this when I was at school btw :D)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7I504qmsBN0

Comments

• fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the kids have been playing merry hell with him. As for one of the little scrotes recording it, the school need to find out who did that and exclude him, children are not allowed to tape teachers.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    fleabee wrote: »
    Sounds like the kids have been playing merry hell with him. As for one of the little scrotes recording it, the school need to find out who did that and exclude him, children are not allowed to tape teachers.

I don't think there's any blanket ban on it (although feel free to prove me wrong with a link if there is).
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listened to it and don't understand the fuss.:confused: The teachers at my school were a lot worse than that.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see the problem with it either tbh.
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He threatened them with detension,how horrific we better get the police in! The bad thing here is that the children are secretly recording their teacher and putting it on the internet. I think putting it online is a malicious act.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I think the teachers should have more power to be honest, especially since there are so many parents who don't bring up their children properly at home. Teachers shouldn't be parents, but I realise now it's more needed than ever.
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me personally, when a teacher used to scream in my face it would do the exact opposite in the respect I wouldn't listen as it was just a load of noise going in one ear and out the other. However, that video just reminds me of a daily experience in class and nothing out of the ordinary.

99% of teachers are doing their job well but there is always one who may of had a hard time when they were younger and to then be in control themselves, they go the wrong way about teaching and with the authority they craved their whole life.
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dad once came out of a parent's evening where the teacher said I'd never amount to anything and swore for the first and last time in my hearing when he said "Never let the bastards put you down". I wonder where he is, if he's even alive today. I'd have a few things to say to him.

Given the formative years when you are in need of guidance and teaching, the sort of teacher in the audio recording isn't what you need, IMHO. Yes you need someone who is firm and strong but not abusive. Supportive, understanding, inspiring. Luckily I had one or two who made all the difference in the world. Along with the influence of my parents, if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be where I'm at in my life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine shouting is required when teaching boys PE.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    Currently being shared on my Facebook, this is a recording of the PE teacher at Harper Green ranting and raving at the kids. Justified? Too far? Good teacher? Bully?

I know you lot like your school threads, so listen and decide (It was far worse than this when I was at school btw :D)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7I504qmsBN0

And it is appropriate for you to post this how? Are you setting a good example to the children by doing this? Are you happy with the fact that the children are using their phones when they should be learning?

People who criticise teachers should try it. I wouldn't be a secondary school teacher if you paid me.

I am a primary school teacher and that is bad enough. By year 6 you get attitude from the children and parents alike. We are powerless to do anything. We have no right of reply. We have no opportunity to defend ourselves.

When you DO occasionally get a parent who appreciates all that you do (and believe me it is a lot that we do) it makes you want to weep with gratitude that someone has recognised how hard you try.

Have you stopped to question what caused this man to do this? If the children all behaved and were attentive I can safely say that this wouldn't have happened. Not unless he was ill and having a breakdown.

Maybe you should try supporting the teachers rather than persecuting them and posting such things online. Have any of the parents actually spoken to the school to see what is being done or was humiliation by Internet their first thought?

I for one feel for the man and hope the little 'treasures' and their parents are spoken to for thinking the Internet was the correct place to air this.
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I think the teachers should have more power to be honest, especially since there are so many parents who don't bring up their children properly at home. Teachers shouldn't be parents, but I realise now it's more needed than ever.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Someone talking sense!

Not all teachers are great, not all doctors are great, not all supermarket workers are great. Fair enough, there are bad eggs in every basket. But for those of us who give our lives (and yes I do give my life to my job and the children in my care) it is sooooooooo demoralising being constantly bashed by parents who should be supporting us.

So thank you once more Kitty 😘!
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    And it is appropriate for you to post this how? Are you setting a good example to the children by doing this? Are you happy with the fact that the children are using their phones when they should be learning?

People who criticise teachers should try it. I wouldn't be a secondary school teacher if you paid me.

I am a primary school teacher and that is bad enough. By year 6 you get attitude from the children and parents alike. We are powerless to do anything. We have no right of reply. We have no opportunity to defend ourselves.

When you DO occasionally get a parent who appreciates all that you do (and believe me it is a lot that we do) it makes you want to weep with gratitude that someone has recognised how hard you try.

Have you stopped to question what caused this man to do this? If the children all behaved and were attentive I can safely say that this wouldn't have happened. Not unless he was ill and having a breakdown.

Maybe you should try supporting the teachers rather than persecuting them and posting such things online. Have any of the parents actually spoken to the school to see what is being done or was humiliation by Internet their first thought?

I for one feel for the man and hope the little 'treasures' and their parents are spoken to for thinking the Internet was the correct place to air this.

This. I noticed kippeh does this a lot. She revels in other people's misfortunes and humiliation. Teachers have a hard job and certainty do not deserve some silly clown publicisng this on ds with a smile emoticon.
    Forum Member
    Lil_M wrote: »
    You felt the need to do a thread to further publicize this in order to humiliate a teacher who is up against badly behaved children. You take glee from this? You are twisted!

Well said!
    Forum Member
    Lil_M wrote: »
    This. I noticed kippeh does this a lot. She revels in other people's misfortunes and humiliation. Teachers have a hard job and certainty do not deserve some silly clown publicisng this on ds with a smile emoticon.

Maybe she should walk a week in that man's shoes. I predict she wouldn't last a morning!!!!
  • LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fairness... This is a discussion forum. It isn't like the OP recorded this themselves. I don't know why they are getting the blame lol. :D

I work in a school myself and agree with your points Safi. But at the same time I don't think the OP has done anything wrong by bringing it to peoples attention.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Learning what? How to dodge whizzing flecks of a berserk man's spittle? The youtube commentary makes it clear this is not a one-off at the school, but something widespread and ongoing, the guy is apoplectic over a non-issue, why shouldn't his antics be publicised?
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen quiet a few repugnant threads on DS over the years, this one however, gets the gold medal.

Well done OP - you must be very proud.
  • LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god. The 'I've got better morals than you brigade' is in full swing.
    Forum Member
    Learning what? How to dodge whizzing flecks of a berserk man's spittle? The youtube commentary makes it clear this is not a one-off at the school, but something widespread and ongoing, the guy is apoplectic over a non-issue, why shouldn't his antics be publicised?

I agree he should be taken to task if the school AND parents feel there is an issue but in the correct way. In my opinion, posting this, where he has no right to reply, is not the appropriate way to deal with it.

I would feel this if it were to happen in any setting, not just in a school. What is wrong with doing things the right way, giving everyone a fair hearing? THAT is what makes me cross, when people put themselves up as judge, jury and executioner.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Nice exposure so well done, the teacher should be given a medal IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And you know this is a non-issue how exactly? The recording starts while he is mid telling off, conveniently missing out the cause.
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she should walk a week in that man's shoes. I predict she wouldn't last a morning!!!!

Yes. She wouldn't last a minute nevermind a morning. Teachers have a hard job as it is.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree he should be taken to task if the school AND parents feel there is an issue but in the correct way. In my opinion, posting this, where he has no right to reply, is not the appropriate way to deal with it.

I would feel this if it were to happen in any setting, not just in a school. What is wrong with doing things the right way, giving everyone a fair hearing? THAT is what makes me cross, when people put themselves up as judge, jury and executioner.
    Well the uploader says this:
    Please let it be known all possible steps were taken, contact was made with the School, Governing Body, Ofsted and Local Authority before deciding to release this Audio Clip. There are nearly 4 months worth of recordings of every day at school. This was a recent recording hence the reason for publishing it. These kids need protecting at this school hence the reason for publicising it, the kids welfare is our top priority! The experience has been five months of hell, it was a last resort. After our initial complaint about one teacher, things went from bad to worst. So please understand we followed the correct steps, to the letter.
    If true, sounds like the school don't want to acknowledge the problem. Bet they will now though, so probably not the worst idea to put it online after all.
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are some people taking this personally? Even if you are a teacher, aren't you supposed to be speaking out about this sort of thing? Just because someone has recorded this guy, it's not a slur on you.

Not all teachers are the same. I'd hope most teachers themselves know this. Yes there's a question about pupil behaviour, there always is but I can't escape the feeling some on here appear to want to cover this up or eveb get the thread removed or shut down?

Deal with this sort of thing head on please. You are probsbly a credit to your profession - from a recording like this, I don't think this teacher is.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've not even watched it & i'm outraged.