Tracks so bad they are good?

mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
Forum Member
✭✭
heard this today on radio 1, grimmys mix tape thing....

i dont get it... how can this have been top ten? (#8) imho it ticks all the wrong boxes for being a hit, so what was its appeal? having said that i like its audacity and find it rather amusing...

azzido da bass - dooms night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cYwggM2UGk

what are your nominations for tracks that are so bad - theyre good!

Comments

• JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr. Oizo - Flat Beat
    Got to number 1. Think the puppet, Flat Eric, helped this to be a hit and it probably got a following from all the bass heads out there, but there's not really much to it.

Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Love Missile F1-11
    Got to number 3. This group were widely slated from the press at the time, but I quite liked them. Can't put my finger on why, with all the sound effects thrown in the mix, but it seems to work somehow.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor Swift- 22, We are never ever getting back together.

MariahCarey-touch my body
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    Cotton eye Joe by the rednecks
    or Safety dance by men without hats. The video is terrible
  • Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Cheeky Girls - "Cheeky Flamengo" - I love the line "My body is on fire", is it refering to the flamengo dance or the 1989 Romanian Revolution they were caught up in ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIF6ALk6SlE
  • James_Walker2James_Walker2 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Hazell Dean - Whatever I Do (Wherever I Go)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2glrm_8C-E
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paralyzed, by The Legendary Stardust Cowboy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viK3i0fRDRs
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »

To this we would sing 'I would die in Aberdeen' (the da ba dee part)
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,623
    Forum Member
    I don't care what anyone says but 2 Unlimited - No Limit was one of my favourite songs at the time, and I still think it sounds awesome even with the repetitive lyrics.
  • James_Walker2James_Walker2 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    I don't care what anyone says but 2 Unlimited - No Limit was one of my favourite songs at the time, and I still think it sounds awesome even with the repetitive lyrics.

I had their "No Limts" and "Real Things" album's in the 90's. Loved them.
  • jake_moore08jake_moore08 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    O-Zone - Dragostea din tei
    B*Witched - Blame It On The Weatherman
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Mr. Oizo - Flat Beat
    Got to number 1. Think the puppet, Flat Eric, helped this to be a hit and it probably got a following from all the bass heads out there, but there's not really much to it.

Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Love Missile F1-11
    Got to number 3. This group were widely slated from the press at the time, but I quite liked them. Can't put my finger on why, with all the sound effects thrown in the mix, but it seems to work somehow.
    Sigue Sigue Sputnik - that's a blast from the past! Caused mayhem wherever they went and quickly became a tabloid whipping boy. I recall them coming to Cov Poly SU and triggering a massive fight. They didn't last long.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Sigue Sigue Sputnik - that's a blast from the past! Caused mayhem wherever they went and quickly became a tabloid whipping boy. I recall them coming to Cov Poly SU and triggering a massive fight. They didn't last long.

There was a near-riot at one of their concerts, hundreds of people screaming and yelling and banging on locked doors, demanding to be let through...luckily the keys were found and they manged to escape...