Options

Ola's not coming back, is she?

Comments

• Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes yes! I would be very much on board with this :cool: say cya to Anton and Aliona and we have 14 male/female pros, perfect!

Awww Aliona is my favourite. Isn't Kristina older and tours with Robin Windsor?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB....What a strange thing to say. :confused:

I'm with you DiamondDoll. All the female pros are sexy. Though if Ola leaves (and/or Kristina), I bet they tart up one of the remaining girls to be the new "sexpot" - sexier Latin outfits etc. Whoever's got the biggest boobs I guess.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    It's a problem for the show going forward. Brendan looks as though he has had enough. You go back a few years and looks at the Pro's the current bunch are a bland bunch.

We don't know what the current pros are like. There isn't much training footage and they have less control over music choices and therefore choreography than in the past so have less chance to stamp their personality on the show.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't know what the current pros are like. There isn't much training footage and they have less control over music choices and therefore choreography than in the past so have less chance to stamp their personality on the show.

That may be the case but the lack of personalities amongst the Pro's is increasingly an issue. If you lost for instance Brendan / Ola / Kristina / Anton the show would have a serious problem. I believe that Thom was lost due to his partner. If he had been with Ola or Kristina he would have made it to Blackpool.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    I'm with you DiamondDoll. All the female pros are sexy. Though if Ola leaves (and/or Kristina), I bet they tart up one of the remaining girls to be the new "sexpot" - sexier Latin outfits etc. Whoever's got the biggest boobs I guess.

You and I sure are in agreement tonight.:D

Off to watch I'm a Celeb....catch you soon. :)
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obvious her last series the way they talk.

Her and James have plans for their own dancing schools.

She needs a break to be put on the shelf. New dancers to be given a chance.

Kristina needs to bog off too, stayed around too long like a bad smell.

Jannet is where it's at.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she wants kids, needs to enjoy her life now and be a mum.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

None of the female pros are sexy, especially not the interchangeable eastern europeans.
  • Options
    pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    She has to go as next year it'll most likely be 8 male and 7 female pros, and I think she's the odd one out now. No great loss - I think this group minus Ola plus Robin will be perfect.
  • Options
    Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    She'll be back if they can get Tomasz Schafernaker. They'd be perfect together.
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    Next year there should be more female celebs than males, so if Ola is out then Trent will stay, and Robin will be back.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    None of the female pros are sexy, especially not the interchangeable eastern europeans.

Isn't Ola Eastern European?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »

Oh I think Iveta is a stunner - more cleavage, more bare midriffs and hardly-there costumes (and maybe a chat with the producers to play it up) and voila, a new Ola. Aliona's gorgeous with fab legs. (Iveta's legs are pretty amazing too.) It's all in how they're featured - I have complete faith in the production department that they can do ANYthing they want with our opinions. I really don't think the odd male pensioner (not their prime demographic anyway) is all that concerned with which buxom blonde he's supposed to be looking at - the producers will figure out where to direct his eye.

ETA Now that I think about it, THAT's why they put Iveta with Thom instead of Natalie, who suited his height better. And that opening segment where she suggestively rubs his shoulder with her hand, like the beginning of a Bond movie or something. Betcha they continue with the theme and she's our new sexpot. (though personally I prefer Aliona)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's good for Strictly if Ola left, she is starting to become greater than the show. This is no X Factor this is BBC Strictly a serious dancing show.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    It's good for Strictly if Ola left, she is starting to become greater than the show. This is no X Factor this is BBC Strictly a serious dancing show.

Either you're being sarcastic/ironic, or you have a complete lack of knowledge of the pros' dance backgrounds.

If you actually think Strictly is a serious dancing show then a) you're wrong (as much as many of us would love it to be, it just isn't) and b) you should want Ola to stay - she's one of the pros who actually has a background in dancing ballroom and Latin since childhood, unlike a lot of the pros that have Burn the Floor on their CVs...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either you're being sarcastic/ironic, or you have a complete lack of knowledge of the pros' dance backgrounds.

If you actually think Strictly is a serious dancing show then a) you're wrong (as much as many of us would love it to be, it just isn't) and b) you should want Ola to stay - she's one of the pros who actually has a background in dancing ballroom and Latin since childhood, unlike a lot of the pros that have Burn the Floor on their CVs...

I'm not questioning Ola's background, it is more her modelling career and looks.

Same for Kristina.

To me it is as serious as it can be with having entertainment value, more serious than X Factor for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Ola Eastern European?

I was including her.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    I'm not questioning Ola's background, it is more her modelling career and looks.

Same for Kristina.

To me it is as serious as it can be with having entertainment value, more serious than X Factor for me.

Well my point still stands - if you're serious about it being a serious dancing show, then the logical extension of that is that you care (or should care) about her dance background most of all (purity of dance and all that), and on that measure there is no doubt that she should stay - she's far more experienced as a Latin (and to a lesser extent ballroom) dancer than Karen or Janette, for example, will ever be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I think Iveta is a stunner - more cleavage, more bare midriffs and hardly-there costumes (and maybe a chat with the producers to play it up) and voila, a new Ola. Aliona's gorgeous with fab legs. (Iveta's legs are pretty amazing too.) It's all in how they're featured - I have complete faith in the production department that they can do ANYthing they want with our opinions. I really don't think the odd male pensioner (not their prime demographic anyway) is all that concerned with which buxom blonde he's supposed to be looking at - the producers will figure out where to direct his eye.

ETA Now that I think about it, THAT's why they put Iveta with Thom instead of Natalie, who suited his height better. And that opening segment where she suggestively rubs his shoulder with her hand, like the beginning of a Bond movie or something. Betcha they continue with the theme and she's our new sexpot. (though personally I prefer Aliona)

I suppose if you equate bare flesh with sexiness. For me that just means bare flesh, and not sexiness. I prefer something a bit more subtle. Ola, not sexy at all - put it away dear, we've all seen it before.
  • Options
    Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliona always seems to be the boys favourite to me. She has quite en elegant way about her.

I'm surprised there wasn't more love for Anya last series. I'm a heterosexual woman and even I noticed how gorgeous she is!
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    This is the first year I've watched strictly and she seemed to come across a bit cold
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll miss her smiling face. Oh, wait...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie_ wrote: »
    Aliona always seems to be the boys favourite to me. She has quite en elegant way about her.

I'm surprised there wasn't more love for Anya last series. I'm a heterosexual woman and even I noticed how gorgeous she is!

I'm a heterosexual man, and I can't even remember who Anya is.
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    I think they'd like to get rid of her but also understand that she is a favorite with their male audience and they can't afford to alienate those any further by eliminating their eye-candy. She's pretty much all most people on social media talk about when it comes to the female pro's...her popularity may also be working against her at this point. It's unlikely but i hope she's back. I think she is the best female pro the show has had since Erin Boag.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    BIB....What a strange thing to say. :confused:

thenetworkbabe is Ola...I knew it :cool: